WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #3

Igor

have used a program at school called revelation sight and sound. company is logotron it has a pan and zoom facility which is really easy to use. you get two of the same images in a window, then draw rectangle wher you want to start and then on other image the end point, rostrum camera effect sorry not explained very well. it is very intuative , any chance of this simple style interface? thanks

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please send me sources files of this project with this slide only.

I just send it to you.

For example, increase or reduce size for this image (where located both layers - mask and picture) in Photoshop. You'll see same thin white edges now.

I made the test. Nothing happens when I increase the size of the image. :huh:

When I reduce size of the image, black thin edges appear. :blink:

But if before resizing you will choose "Nearest Neighbor"resampling method, this problem will not occur.

Yes, you're right, I made the test (reduce image) in Photoshop, and no edges with the "Nearest Neighbor"resampling method. B)

So, how to make the same thing in PTE now ? ;)

Ken,

I don't think it's the same problem as Bussty had, but honestly, i am not quite sure. :unsure:

http://www.logo.com/cat/view/revelation-sight-sound.html

Logotron :: Art + Design :: Revelation Sight and Sound The UK's largest publisher of educational software. Free software, a complete catalogue and resources here!

Please ask us about Extended School Licences covering

pupil and teacher home use.

pretty steep price at 55 pounds compared to $25 US funds for p2e

but then if the schoolboard is picking up the tab what the heck :rolleyes:

ken

have used a program at school called revelation sight and sound. company is logotron it has a pan and zoom facility which is really easy to use. you get two of the same images in a window, then draw rectangle wher you want to start and then on other image the end point, rostrum camera effect sorry not explained very well. it is very intuative , any chance of this simple style interface? thanks

This type approach works very well except would greatly constrain p2e which has already more versatility in how you can manipulate the image. With the p2e interface you not only can move about from place to place on the image with zooms, pans, etc., but can also rotate the image on center or off center (you can move the center for rotation) as well as change the relationship (alter the perspective) between horizontal and vertical axis for effects such as flipping a coin, etc.

Usnig the Revelation Sight and Sound approach works very, very well for simple pans and zooms and is very convenient, but I think it would be quite difficult to implement while still allowing the flexibility afforded by the present interface.

Best regards,

Lin

Here is just an idea...but what if you could make a movement

that followed an adjustable arc or path? I would Love to see that!

JK

Hi JudyKay,

I think this question is similar to the one of elIvarz (here).

And Igor's answer was :

In fact, motion paths already exists in the code of v5.00, but it's much more difficult to realize them in Visual editor. So I think this feature will be available in v5.1

I'm really interested in this feature too !

We just have to wait... :)

Here is just an idea...but what if you could make a movement

that followed an adjustable arc or path? I would Love to see that!

JK

Actually, by moving the centers and using a variety of keypoints you can sort of do that now, but in a crude fashion and it takes lots of visualization and "tinkering" to accomplish.

Your idea is great - what it would take would be a bezier curve with adjustable "handles" then the movement would follow the the result of the creation of the curve - that would be something wouldn't it? Maybe Igor will eventually try to incorporate such in later versions.

Best regards,

Lin

It seems that there are no bugs in v5.00 beta #3?

Igor,

I think I've found one - at least it's an unexpected result (see screen-capture below).

It occurs when an object is compressed horizontally, only, by applying zoom while holding down the "shift" key, or by entering a small horizontal value in the "animation" table.

For medium compression amounts, everything appears normal (second example in the screen-capture). However, if the object is compressed until the image is very thin, the outline and its "hot-points" (used for clicking and applying PZR effects) become distorted vertically (see third example in the screen-capture). However, the "vertical" zoom dimensions in the "animation" table at the right remain constant throughout.

The same effect is not encountered when zooming in the vertical direction only.

This showed up when I was playing with Lin's theatre curtains, and compressing them to simulate an "open" condition.

post-215-1152274975_thumb.jpg

Guest Techman1

Igor,

Will we be able to create an AVI file from within the next beta version #4? I have a current project where I could really use the Zoom effect and would like to see how well it looks on a DVD.

Thanks in advance for all you and the team have been doing for us. This release is really going to shake things up in the Slideshow software competition (PTE is only getting better and better)!!!!!

Regards,

Fred

Igor:

I have still not tried beta 5’s effects as I am busy preparing shows in 4.43.

But I did happen to try it today to see if it would help me with the shows I am working on now.

I have the voice-over sound bites in the SOUND line on the main screen and the background music in via MUSIC in PROJECT OPTIONS

In current versions of PTE the SOUND line could NOT be heard when previewed via the TIMELINE. Last fall when I asked for that to be changed you hoped it would be in changed in Ver 5.

When I opened the "in-progress" show in Ver 5, the SOUND could not be heard via the TIMELINE although the background music could.

That could mean:

- you have not “turned on” this aspect yet in Ver 5, or

- that you did not make this change in version 5, or

- that it is a bug.

BUT when I played the TIMELINE, the music was VERY garbled. Again this could be something not turned on, or a bug.

The background music is a 12 minute wav file and the sound bites are all wav files. They will be changed to MP3s in the final version of the show (The rationale for this was discussed a while back in the forum)

I just wanted to let you know in case it was a bug.

In the meantime I will go back to 4.43 and let the experts work with beta 5.3 :):)

Jim,

In current versions of PTE the SOUND line could NOT be heard when previewed via the TIMELINE. Last fall when I asked for that to be changed you hoped it would be in changed in Ver 5.

Of course, I remember about it.

Sound comments temporarily don't work in current beta. But next beta 4 will have all music/sound modes workable.

It's very interesting problem with playback of WAV file in the timeline window.

1) How you played this WAV file in Customize synchronization window?

By Preview button (fullscreen slideshow) or Play button (on timeline)?

2) Please start new project in v5.00 beta 3, add a couple slides and put this WAV file. Press "Play" button.

Then click Preview button to see fullscreen slideshow. Let me know please about quality of music.

3) What parameters of this WAV file - is it usual 44.1 KHz, 16-bit, Stereo PCM format?

4) If problem still exists, try to add another WAV file.

5) Will the problem occur with MP3 files?

6) What is your video card, CPU, sound card and version of Windows?

I will grateful for your help!

Fred,

Probably AVI video output will work again in beta 5

Jim,

It's very interesting problem with playback of WAV file in the timeline window.

Igor

The WAV file seems to be working fine this morning. I tried it several times last night (Always from the PLAY in TIMELINE) and it was garbled, but this morning it is fine.

I have not rebooted the computer since last night and the same sessions are open as were open last night.

As always thanks for the quick response but this time it seems there is nothing to worry about.

(In North America we always joke that when you take youtr car in to be fixed, the fault you are bringing it in for does not display itself - same thing PTE maybe ? :D:D:D )

I would like to say that my colleague in WnSoft is working now (with my small help) on one very long ago awaited feature for PicturesToExe. It will appear most likely in v5.00 or in v5.10 I can't say more now :)

I would like to say that my colleague in WnSoft is working now (with my small help) on one very long ago awaited feature for PicturesToExe. It will appear most likely in v5.00 or in v5.10 I can't say more now :)

Igor,

you are, without a doubt, being unduly modest. To say nothing of being a bit of a tease! B)

We hang onto your every word with bated breath.

Best wishes

John

Hi Igor,

I realized I have a problem with my "countdown" demo because I need to add some time at the beginning of each object timeline to add some animation before the start of the countdown.

Because it consists in 54 objects with several keypoints for each object, I will need a lot of time to modify it and includes all the improvements I want.

So, would it be possible in a future version to add the following feature : move all the keypoints of an object timeline (or even all the object timelines) at once ?

The user would click wherever he wants on the timeline and with a right clickb y example, this would add n,nnn sec.

=> This would automatically move all the keypoints after the selected point (ie add the n,nnn sec to each keypoint)...

Am I dreaming ? :unsure:

Guest Techman1

Igor,

The suggestion above by "TheDOM" is a good one. Please do add this to your list of things to be added in the future (maybe 5.10?). This would help anyone that has numerous objects to move forward or backward on the timeline.

Thanks for all you are doing and I too am wondering what news you are going to share with us soon!?!?!?!

Take care!

Fred

Dominique,

Please send me sources files of this project with this slide only.

(Delete other slides, then Main menu | File | Create backup...)

int_support@ <nospam> wnsoft.com

I think I know why this visual "problem" happens, if I understood rightly the problem. It's not a bug in this case. Just all images, including masks, show and scaled with bilinear filtering.

For example, increase or reduce size for this image (where located both layers - mask and picture) in Photoshop. You'll see same thin white edges now.

But if before resizing you will choose "Nearest Neighbor"resampling method, this problem will not occur.

So teorethically we can add special option for image objects. But I'm afraid there will be very small number of users who will use this mode.

Hi Igor,

Do you have an idea of what you gonna do with this problem ?

I noticed Ebenist had exactly the same problem with his slideshow "Rio Guadalquivir" avalaible on BeechBrook and on my site...

And what do you think of my suggestion just two posts above ? :unsure:

Thanks for your answer.

Guest Techman1

Igor,

Is there any feature request to add a "ZOOM" capability to the Navigation Bar? This would be like the magnifying glass you see in various photo editing software (along with the hand to drag the viewing area for panning).

I see this as an excellent addition to enable people the ability to zoom in on any particular area of an image. This could be turned on and off just like we do today with the other features of the Navigation Bar.

Please consider adding this to your list if it isn't already there. I would use this today to allow clients to view "in greater detail" their portraits to help them select their orders. I could also see this used for viewing detailed landscape and other images.

I realize you can do the zoom/pan with objects, but this would allow the viewer the ability to zoom & pan without us coding it in PTE.

Thanks again for the consideration on this feature.

Best regards,

Fred

p.s. - Would you say we are a couple of weeks away from the release of Beta 4?

Linearity of Zoom Feature

Is the Zoom feature suppose to be linear? To me this would mean it would move towards or away from the picture at a constant speed. Thinking in terms of the mechanical rostrum cameras, when the camera moves towards the photograph it would move at a constant speed. The Zoom in P2E appears to be non-linear, accelerating when moving away from the image (and decelerating when moving in). I was wondering if this is what is intended. It makes it difficult to zoom out of consecutive images (think Google Earth) with either a seamless transition or a sense of continuous motion. While I can see the deceleration (or acceleration) useful in some instances, I find myself wanting to maintain a constant sense of motion in many of my zooms (independent of the transition problem mentioned above). Often the image is zooming too fast by the end of the slide.

If it is suppose to be linear, I think the math/equations need to be looked at again. If not, I would find a linear option very useful. It would be nice to have three options.

Linear

Decelerating In (current form)

Decelerating Out (reverse of current)

To see the magnitude of this effect, just exaggerate a zoom from 100 to 800 for any picture and notice how slow it gets towards the end of the slide. I think it is more perceptible going in than out, but can be seen in either direction.

Steve

Possible Bug in Ordering and Interdependence of Objects

When zooming out of a slide containing several objects, one of the objects (text picture) gets displaced to the visible screen even though it is a child of an image object and located on this object off the screen. When it zooms out far enough to become visible on the screen it instantly "pops" from the displaced location to where it is suppose to be. It appears to me that it is a problem in the dependence of objects (for awhile the text picture object seems to be on the top level, then becomes the child when it comes into view). I don't know if anyone else has seen this effect and I'm sorry if it has already been addressed. I don't follow all the threads as closely as others. Will send the pte file to Igor since it's hard to describe.

Steve

Linearity of Zoom Feature

Is the Zoom feature suppose to be linear? To me this would mean it would move towards or away from the picture at a constant speed. Thinking in terms of the mechanical rostrum cameras, when the camera moves towards the photograph it would move at a constant speed. The Zoom in P2E appears to be non-linear, accelerating when moving away from the image (and decelerating when moving in). I was wondering if this is what is intended. It makes it difficult to zoom out of consecutive images (think Google Earth) with either a seamless transition or a sense of continuous motion. While I can see the deceleration (or acceleration) useful in some instances, I find myself wanting to maintain a constant sense of motion in many of my zooms (independent of the transition problem mentioned above). Often the image is zooming too fast by the end of the slide.

If it is suppose to be linear, I think the math/equations need to be looked at again. If not, I would find a linear option very useful. It would be nice to have three options.

Linear

Decelerating In (current form)

Decelerating Out (reverse of current)

To see the magnitude of this effect, just exaggerate a zoom from 100 to 800 for any picture and notice how slow it gets towards the end of the slide. I think it is more perceptible going in than out, but can be seen in either direction.

Steve

Steve,

The zoom is absolutely linear. What you are experiencing is normal in that the smaller an object gets the more it "appears" to move away faster and the larger it gets the more it "appears" to be moving slowly. This is a well known psychological issue.

Non linear zoom will be enabled on the release product which will allow compensation to offset this perception - right now all we have is indeed true linear zoom.

Best regards,

Lin