Igor Posted Tuesday at 07:13 AM Report Posted Tuesday at 07:13 AM Hi, We've added experimental support for images in PSD format. It works only for PSD files saved with the "Maximize Compatibility" option (enabled by default in Photoshop), which includes the merged layer. Try the new v12.0.5 Beta: https://www.pteavstudio.com/forums/topic/56408-pte-1205-beta/ Please check this Beta with your PSD files and let me know if they are all supported in PTE AV Studio now. Would it be disappointing if some PSD files failed to display (PSD images saved without the "Maximize Compatibility" option)? Should we keep this experimental feature in the final code of V12? We still recommend to use JPEG format as the best choice - it offers an optimal file size, very good quality, and fast loading, especially for high-resolution images. 3 1 Quote
Aleina Show Posted Tuesday at 02:11 PM Report Posted Tuesday at 02:11 PM I am very grateful for the PSD support—it is really important to me, as I often have to mock up items like newspapers in the program. It solves so many problems at once! I’ve tested this feature, and it works! 1 Quote
Igor Posted yesterday at 12:23 PM Author Report Posted yesterday at 12:23 PM Aleina, thanks for your response! Glad that PSD support works correctly. --- P.S. This Beta is a stable version, so we can publish it as a final version. 1 Quote
jkb Posted 43 minutes ago Report Posted 43 minutes ago I have checked out the PSD support & yes it does show PSD files in the FileList & they can be added to the SlideList. But they do take a long time to display the thumbnail in Filelist as they are so large. As I now do all of my editing in PTE I no longer use Photoshop or other programs that create PSD Files. All of my PSD files are very old, but they do work. However I cannot see any advantage in using them, they are very large files & it only shows the visible image rather than individual layers. Creating a jpg from the PSD is very easy & produces a much smaller file size which is much quicker to load & use within PTE. I will stick with jpgs & doing my editing within PTE. Jill Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.