WnSoft Forums

A proposal for A&O module

You will find Here a compilation of diverse suggestions requested by forum members.

I have implemented a dynamic model to reflect these requests (and other personal ones) concerning only the A&O module.

It is a program, ProjectAO.exe which is distributed with a PDF text to describe the new functions, plus a dll file, 3 pictures and a sound file which work with it.

It shows especially a solution, I think pretty, to view (and edit) all keyframe object lines and waveforms simultaneously on the current A&O window allowing a perfect components synchronization.

To run this model, download zip file, unzip it, and launch ProjectAO.exe

Zip file (4.2 MB) contents:

- exe + dll files

- 3 jpg files + 1 mp3

- 2 pdf files (english, french)

Hi Jean-Claude,

I must congratulate you on an excellent demonstration of how so many of the "wish list" items can be included in a revised O&A interface. It certainly seems to bring together in one place all the features I would like to see in a future version of PTE. No doubt the forum community will spot other opportunities to add additional function and features. But this really is an excellent way of stimulating that discussion at an early stage of design.

I don't know what is possible in Windows programming but I have a couple of suggestions:

The part of the window where you display the keypoints and where you can show the waveforms... could this be made vertically scrollable? It would then be easier to manage a main image that had a lot of objects on it.

It would be nice to have a link (a button, perhaps) that would take us to the "digital light box" so that the order of main images could be changed, new ones added and unwanted ones removed. Or is this already there and I missed it?

Jean-Claude,

I would like to add my thanks for the obvious effort and thought that has gone into this proposal. I donā€™t pretend to fully understand all of the features but on the face of it appears to address many of the ideas raised by members over recent months.

Something I find a bit frustrating concerns adding Text in O&A.

At present whenever the ā€œTā€ button is pressed, unless you are at that time in the ā€œProperties Tabā€ you have to manually navigate to that location. It would be great if you were taken automatically to the text entry point on the ā€œProperties Tabā€ whenever the ā€œTā€ button were pressed to enable you to start typing immediately.

Also at present in order to then label and identify each text item and apply drop shadow etc you have to move manually from ā€œProperties Tabā€ to the ā€œCommon Tabā€ and type in a name for that text. It would be much simpler if that could be done on the same tab location. Indeed, if as a default, the first 10 or so characters of the typed text were to be automatically assigned as the label that would be even better.

Just a thought!

John

Thank you, Jean-Claude!

I see many good ideas for PicturesToExe. I'm grateful you for wonderful work you've done.

I plan to add grid and waveform in Objects and animation window to next version 5.2.

For other features, I would like discuss a little later.

Jean-Claude

What an inspiring proposal, this must have taken many hours of thought, the instructions and PROJECTAO.exe file are very informative. Just a personal view, but I think if this was adopted as the A&O standard then it would put PTE in the forefront of software packages.

Igor - Thanks for your positive response to the proposal.

Thank You very much Igor for your comments (thanks also to forum members).

This was a interesting work to build this model. Perhaps through it, forum members could better express their wishes.

But I know, it is more difficult to develop an operational program and 5.2 release will be a new big step in PTE history with its grid and waveform functionnalities.

PTE with its fabulous engine is certainly the most efficient product in its domain.

Now people have a lot of possibilities to create imaginative slideshows. Honestly, I don't see what is missing.

Nevertheless I think that PTE interface (for AV creators) could be much improved.

For example, in O&A module, multi tracks object for keyframes editing is a 'must'.

Perhaps in PTE 5.3?

Very interesting !

The ability to display all the timeline objects at the same time in the bottom would make life much easier.

The timeline zoom is something i'm waiting for too.

And of course the display of the waveform in the O/A window would be great.

The cosmetic modifications and the re-organisation of this window would be nice improvements to improve the GUI.

I didnt understand what are the marker magnestism ? Could you please give me more details ?

Anyway, congratulations for your work !

TheDom, thank you for your comments,

Markers have three goals.

- they permits to fix key timecodes. That's usefull when some object lines or waveforms are hidden.

- when magnetism is activated, it's a easy manner to gather, exactly with the same timecode, several keyframes

situated on different objects. Magnetism strength is expressed in milliseconds.

- and if keyframes are binded to a marker (see marker popmenu), to move them together.

In this example, marker A is binded post-1832-1198517686_thumb.jpg

to 3 keyframes and marker B to 2 keyframes

• 10 months later...

I am cross-posting the following from the Beta 5.6 thread, where I'd originally posted but where another forum member suggested that I cross-post here to make sure the suggestion doesn't get lost.

"Forgive me if this is redundant to another post, but I have only returned to this forum recently and don't have the time or patience to go through all the earlier threads on beta 5.6 ...

"I am delighted to see that one of the enhancements in beta 5.6 is having the sound play during playback within the Objects and Animations window. I have long been frustrated by the lack of sound in earlier versions in that window, since I take great care in timing all of my visual effects and moments, even in O&A, to specific moments in the music.

"Would it be possible also to incorporate into the O&A display that portion of the waveform display that is appropriate to the time slice affected by the current O&A display? That would make timing of moments to the sound even easier.

"Thanks, hope this isn't too late to make the suggestion and that it is feasible and reasonably easy to accommodate on top of your other no doubt long list of priorities for updates and fixes. "