WnSoft Forums

PAN AND ZOOM ANIMATIONS

GlennOD

Hi all,

Having recently acquired the Pictures to Exe ver 5.0, I'm still learning the various features - after receiving helpful advice from this forum on how to apply the pan and zoom features.

I'm now wondering if it is possible to automatically apply a pan and zoom setting to all the images without the need to individually do it for each image? The slide show I'm about to create has around 500 images in it and I want to apply a setting that can apply to the complete range of pictures.

Any help would be much appreaciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Welcome to the forum. You will find many helpful and knowledgable people at this site.

I can't answer your question specifically but it strikes me that 500 slides is a lot, to put it mildly.

Even at 5 seconds per slide that is over 40 minutes. A long time to hold interest.

The other point I would make is that if you mean to have each and every slide have the identical zoom and pan your audiance will be gone within 5 minutes!

We have all been caught up in the enthusiasm for P&Z and I think most have come to the conclusion that for most shows it is a fantastic option but should be used sparingly. Have a look at some of the shows produced by our members and see how they utalise P&Z. Also consider why the host of other transitions available, other than fade, are sparingly used.

I imagine some sort of template (or short cut) could be developed to do what you describe but I will leave this to others more techie than me to discuss.

I hope this hasn't sounded too negative.

All the best - and have fun!

John

Hello Glenn

One way to do this is to use a Template, you could use one of TheDom's Templates, say his Photo Album. If you do, I have a single slide P&Z Template that works with it, there is a link to my Template below. Also on my Website I have done a Video Tutorial to show how to use the P&Z Template and import into TheDom's Photo Album Template.

On the other hand, you can just configure one slide to the P&Z effect that you want and then copy and paste the slide, then change the image of the 499 other images.

Link: http://www.slideshows4u.co.uk/Pan_&_Zoom_Template.htm

Glenn,

Welcome to the Forum!

You might want to check out this recent thread if you haven't done so already:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7845

It covers the ground on this subject quite thoroughly.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Having recently acquired the Pictures to Exe ver 5.0, I'm still learning the various features - after receiving helpful advice from this forum on how to apply the pan and zoom features.

I'm now wondering if it is possible to automatically apply a pan and zoom setting to all the images without the need to individually do it for each image? The slide show I'm about to create has around 500 images in it and I want to apply a setting that can apply to the complete range of pictures.

Any help would be much appreaciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Have a look at this thread and download and experiment with Tom's utility: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7959

It may not be exactly what you want, but it is a very easy (and cool) way to add animation effects to a slideshow. It is also a great learning tool if you spend some time looking at the effects created to understand how they were done. If you have questions, I'm sure Tom or others using the utility would be happy to help.

Welcome to the world of PTE A-Vs and the user forum Glenn, you will find lots of friendly help and advice here.

I would suggest you download Lin and Jeff's excellent "PTE USER GUIDE" PDF document, which you will find under the Tutorial section of the forum. It may not be an answer to your specific P&Z question here but it will answer all/most of your general questions about PTE and save you hours.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7202

• 8 years later...

Glenn

There isn't an easy way with version 5 of PicturesToExe. It would require a work around and would start to get complicated. As JEBĀ Ā has already been said, you're being a little ambitious as a newcomer to PicturesToExe with 500 images. That is not a great way to go, Ā except inĀ some really special cases.Ā No-one on this forum would recommend making a slide show as a newcomer to the software with 500 images,Ā Ā its just that some may beĀ reluctant to tell you that.

The best answer here is the one above. Invest $35 and get the latest version, then what your asking is easy and you can do exactly what you're asking. Apply your zoom to 1 image,Ā Ā a 100, Ā or all 500 instantly.

Update HERE Scroll down for upgrade info

Ā 

If you want random then I *think* transitions is the way to go. Not sure if styles can do random (but I'm just starting to get back into using PTE again).

Ā 

Glen was a one time poster back in 2008, but someone was reading the thread and might have misinterpreted it so I tried to make the point that PTE has moved on since then so that the next person who finds this thread by accident by searching on Pan and Zoom has up to date info.

Reading the last post in a thread does not always tell the whole story. I will give up on that idea - it does not work. :)