WnSoft Forums

Bug-reports on version 5.6 Beta (Archive 1)

Igor

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Progress bar.

It appeared after about 1 Hour into converting a 22 minute show in High Quality.

Maybe I was being a little too ambitious!!

Result was sound but no picture.

I tried a much shorter - 3 slide - show and was successful.

Perhaps there is a limit to what can be achieved?

DaveG

Bug-reports on version 5.6 Beta

Igor...

With the Beta, I tried to Create an 'HD Video...', an 'AVI...' and a 'UTube...' and each time nothing really happened. I could see an icon for the Create function in the Tray but nothing seemed to be going on. When I did a Ctrl-Alt-Del, each time I would see '...not responding' to the PTE function.

Are these supposed to be active in this Beta??? It seemed to be using up all the resources of my PC (Windows XP) because other functions like MyComputer would not come up. Had to reboot to get everything back to normal.

As others have indicated...no progress bar. So I'm not sure what is going on.

Gary

Gary,

What length of show are you trying to convert?

The progress bar appears right at the very end. However I have failed to make an MPEG longer than 1 minute so far.

DaveG

===========

I was trying a 3-minute show. Each time I tried the HD Video choice, I'd check the Windows Task Manager and it would show '...not responding'. I think the Create AVI was working. I got the progress window but I stopped it after a few minutes.

Gary

Not a bug, just a major disappointment! I thought that the ATI "fade to darker" on load problem was supposed to be resolved in this version. Did I miss an announcement that it was never going to be fixed? I have never found any sort of driver update for my card, so I was really hoping it would be fixed in PtE. Bummer!

Later - I did the same show over and the second time it completed and uploaded to Vimeo. The sound seems less than optimal, but the video was created. Some "jitter" in pans and zooms but not bad. I did find the mp4 image after the completion of the slideshow this time so perhaps the first time (see below) was simply an error of some sort. I did notice, however, that the sound seems to be an issue on one of my systems. It's very strange because the sound on the executable and on the preview is perfect on all my systems. The sound on one of my systems is very poor on the MP4 and on the Vimeo conversion, but on two other systems it's fine. It's as if something can be detected by one of my systems which the other two can't reproduce. This "could" be my sound system on the one which appears to have issues. I may change my sound card to try to chase this issues which "may" be unique to one of my own computers.

Hi Igor,

I created an HD video with 5.6 beta 1 to be output to Vimeo. The entire process for this took nearly an hour which is normal for the size video. It was completed successfully according to the check mark at the end of the process but it was never uploaded. When it got to the "Uploading" it just didn't go any further. Could it be a time-out at Vimeo? Does the program attempt to hold Vimeo open after log on until after the competition of the encoding? If so, it would be much better to close the loop at Vimeo then re-open after completion of encoding because encoding could take a long time depending on the size of the slideshow.

The suggestion is to have the video saved to the hard disk just as one you create with "custom". I found a reference to it in the Windows trash can (filename.mp4) but was not able to extract it so it's lost. It definitely was created but the upload to Vimeo never actually happened. If the video were saved on the hard disk instead of being trashed it could then be uploaded manually. Apparently something happened on the first try because on the subsequent video creation everything worked normally so this report "may" be simply the result of some internal issue on my own system and may have nothing to do with PTE 5.6 beta 1.

Best regards,

Lin

Tom,

Small bug when watching .mp4 video on ipod touch. 2 horizontal lines at the top of the screen. Quicktime player also displays 2 lines.
Please try to reproduce it with one slide's test slideshow (remove other slides) and if problem exists please send me sources files of this project in ZIP archive. Also what aspect ration of this slideshow - 4:3. And did you set "Pan and scan" option in MP4 video output ?
Small bug. Custom screen aspect ratio. If number increased to +999.000 apr.exe program crashes.
I just fixed it for Beta 2. Thanks!

Dave,

When creating "HD Video for PC and MAC" I can see a "tab" on the task bar but cannot get anything on screen.

So you started PTE, opened some project, and choosed "Create HD video..." and you see no window of video export? Or window of video export appered successfully and you start encoding, but don't see window of progress?

Gary,

Please try how old feature of PTE - Create AVI - works in this beta.

Mary,

I'm sorry to say, but ATI change their video drivers so often and strong and I discarded my idea to write own color gamma fix. It worked too unpredictable. If I had enough money to buy ATI/AMD, my first step will be fix that bug in ATI drivers.

Gary,Dave,

What version of Windows you use and what video card. Thanks in advance!

Igor...

With the Beta, I tried to Create an 'HD Video...', an 'AVI...' and a 'UTube...' and each time nothing really happened. I could see an icon for the Create function in the Tray but nothing seemed to be going on. When I did a Ctrl-Alt-Del, each time I would see '...not responding' to the PTE function.

Are these supposed to be active in this Beta??? It seemed to be using up all the resources of my PC (Windows XP) because other functions like MyComputer would not come up. Had to reboot to get everything back to normal.

Gary

Is it happening with all presentations or just with some of them?

In the case of occurence of this problem, please do the following:

Run Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).

Open the second Tab (Processes).

Maximize Task Manager for the whole screen.

Make the screen shot of Task Manager and send it, please, to forum.

Thanks.

Dave,

So you started PTE, opened some project, and choosed "Create HD video..." and you see no window of video export? Or window of video export appered successfully and you start encoding, but don't see window of progress?

Gary,

Please try how old feature of PTE - Create AVI - works in this beta.

Gary,Dave,

What version of Windows you use and what video card. Thanks in advance!

======================

Igor and Sergev... Correct. When I opened a project, choose "Create HD Video...", I choose "Convert", it looks like it starts the encoding and I get an icon "Creating..." in my Tray, but nothing seems to be happening. (I tried HD-low; SD 800x600). When I look in the Windows Task Manager, I get "Not responding" to Videobuilder and Creating HD Video... . I am attaching screen prints of its Applications window and the Processes window (2 files, top part and bottom part).

I tried the Create AVI and it worked just fine.

Specs:

Windows XP Pro; Svc Pack 2

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 (256megs)

Processor=3mhg

Ram=2Gigs.

Gary

Applications.doc

Processes1.doc

Processes2.doc

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional... when I Create HD Video for PC or Mac... I see that the quality mode goes up to 100% but what does this mean? 100% of what?

Then, in bit rate mode, it seems that 10Mbps is the highest bit rate supported. I set the bit rate to 25Mbps and the file size is exactly the same as it was at 10Mbps! If the intention is to support output that can then be authored, using third-party software, to Blu-ray disk, wouldn't you want to support at least up to the 25Mbps that Blu-ray discs can also support?

Also, how do we specify whether we want progressive or interlaced video?

Also, do you plan to offer multi-pass, variable bit-rate output in the final product?

Thanks

Ray

Igor,

Two minor bugs.

1..If I do File...Open... and miskey the filename (therefore the file does not exist) I get a standard "Exception" error box instead of the "Can't find the file..." error box that I get in v5.5.

2..When I do Customize Slide I don't always see the text "Flip 3D" and "Swap 3D" on the Effects tab. The problem can be recreated as follows:

- start a new project, setting Effect options to Fade in/out as default

- add black slide, image1, image2, black slide

- preview to confirm that all transitions are fades

- select image1 and do "Customize Slide...Effect"

- tick Use own transition effect

- scroll down to Swap 3D and tick the "Right-Left" and OK

- select image2 and do "Customize Slide...Effect"

- the list of effects comes up greyed out and positioned at Swap 3D but neither Swap 3D nor Flip 3D text is present - just the radio buttons and tick boxes, etc for these options

- ticking "Use own transition effect" changes the state from greyed out to active black and puts the missing text in place

They're both only minor bugs.

regards,

Peter

Igor,

When I add a small amount of text to images that are being transitioned using Swap 3D and Flip 3D I see a noticeable jerkiness in the transition. If I remove the text objects the transitions run smoothly. I've created two short sequences to show the problem.

PTEv56b1Bug1.zip is on MediaFire here: http://www.mediafire.com/?dizmnem104q

It contains two exe files:

V56B1-1A - has no text

V56B1-1B - has text (rasterized to png)

The jerkiness is most pronounced on Swap3D Right-Left. I have not tested all the other 3D options.

My PC is Intel Core2 Duo at 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 8400 GS running Vista Home Premium SP1

regards,

Peter

Some bugs in "Size/position in pixels pixels of parent"

When modifying first the position and the the size, the modification of size we do are lost.

When selecting all a value to replace it sometime put 10000.000 instead of the value we put (not always)

When making a rotation on an object then put 0 for rotation, the new value of position become wrong see here the screenshot

It's a problem that pixel's value are given for the current screen definition. I know it's impossible to find a solution today, because we don't give to PTE the information about the nominal size we want (this information was given before with the size of the Cale).

Dave,

Gary,

I just prepared a special Beta version:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/apr-deluxe_beta_17-10-2008.zip

Please try to create HD video again. If it doesn't work, please find a log file in VideoBuilder folder and send me. This file usually located here:

C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\5.6 Beta 1\VideoBuilder\VideoBuilder.log

Igor,

I have posted this elsewhere:

I have loaded the MPEG4 codec using ACE CODEC SET and all is now well.

Progress bar comes up immediately and I have converted a 2 minute show to HD Video - 1024x768 - High Quality.

The problem seemed to be the absence (or incorrect version) of the MPEG4 codec on my computer!!!

User error!!

Sorry if I caused you a problem!

P.S. in progress bar there is a small spelling error MUXING should be MIXING?

DaveG

Dave,

It's not user mistake, PicturesToExe should include all necessary built-in libraries. We'll investigate why it might happen. Thank you!

Ray,

I see that the quality mode goes up to 100% but what does this mean? 100% of what?
It's same as you choose quality for JPEG in Save for Web feature of Photoshop. But we'll remove "%" symbol. You're right.
Then, in bit rate mode, it seems that 10Mbps is the highest bit rate supported. I set the bit rate to 25Mbps and the file size is exactly the same as it was at 10Mbps!
We'll increase this limit. Thanks.
Also, how do we specify whether we want progressive or interlaced video?
Only progressive video. Interlaced video will possible in future Blu-Ray output (next version(s)).
Also, do you plan to offer multi-pass, variable bit-rate output in the final product?
While not. Encoding to H.264 already very slow process.

Dave

Muxing or multiplexing is the correct expression here I believe.

It is the standard expression used when referring to the process of combining audio and video during production of a video file.

"In video editing and processing systems, multiplexing refers to the process of interleaving audio and video into one coherent transport stream"

DEN (NE UK)

Dave,

Gary,

I just prepared a special Beta version:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/apr-deluxe_beta_17-10-2008.zip

Please try to create HD video again. If it doesn't work, please find a log file in VideoBuilder folder and send me. This file usually located here:

C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\5.6 Beta 1\VideoBuilder\VideoBuilder.log

=============

Igor...

I installed the test beta program and tried to Create the HD video again. I chose the lowest settings. However, again, no progress window and got similar "not responding..." notes in the Windows Task Manager. Also, when I try to open MyComputer, the icon depresses and the hourglass appears but it will not open. I had to reboot by PC. Same thing happened in prior Beta version.

Something else strange happened. It might just be a coincidence, but, when I rebooted, my Firefox would not start and I got a "Crash" window from Firefox and it will still not open. I had to open another version of Firefox that I happened to have on my PC.

I am attaching the VideoBuilder.log. I had to zip the file to upload it.

Gary

VideoBuilder.zip