-
Posts
709 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Everything posted by mhwarner
-
PTEAV was sending sound to my monitor, which has no speakers. Made the monitor default sound output and then changed it back to my actual speakers. Sadly there was no way to change the sound output device within the program. The problem most likely was a result that I installed the program on a new computer BUT I copied all of PTEAVs files and settings from my old laptop. Next step was going to be uninstalling and reinstalling, which would probably have worked, but my IT nerd partner fixed it before having to do a reinstall. Tearing my hair out here! I can't get any sound out of PTEAV even though there is a sound track and it is not muted. The sound is obviously there as I can export the audio track to an .mp3 file and it plays fine in Windows Media player. I can create an .mp4 of a project (tried several different ones) and they played the sound just fine. I have looked at every menu and every setting and can't find anything which would allow me to turn audio/sound off within PTEAV. I tried it with the latest version 12.0.2 and also went back and reinstalled version 11.0.7. And had the same problem there as well. Would be grateful for any assistance!
-
Very interesting and well done! Great use of AI. Yuri Gagarin is also commemorated on the wall of a subway station in Tashkent, Uzbekistan dedicated to the cosmonauts (built when the USSR still existed).
-
Thanks, Dave, for all the effort you put into maintaining the Online Help. Much appreciated!
-
Here are links to 2 free templates and a more advanced one with some instructions (also free)
-
Fractal Noise Backgrounds Free Downloads, No Strings Attached
mhwarner replied to Pnwhiker's topic in Styles & Templates
Thank you for sharing these! Cute animals in your video BTW! -
Very interesting! Thank you so much for the information and for taking the time to respond. My computer is relatively new but probably doesn't have the needed horsepower you describe. I have used Google Veo and Meta AI with some success but for free the videos generated are only about 5 seconds and sometimes they are watermarked. I will look for the style. I may have already downloaded it. Thanks again!
-
What program are you using? I personally am more interested in using AI to automate my own still photos into videos and several programs have done a decent job but most have limits which change on a regular basis. I don't mind paying if I could find one that was consistently good with any limits stated up front. Also, I really like many of the transitions used in this video. Have you shared any of these in the past or would you be willing to share now? Thanks in advance!
-
Well done! Thanks for sharing!
-
Lock slide to section of audio track -- is it possible?
mhwarner replied to mhwarner's topic in General Discussion
Thanks for the response, Jill. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. Not the best option but your idea of creating separate projects might work. I will experiment. -
Hopefully I can make myself clear. I am creating a music video with stills and video clips. I would like to somehow lock certain images or videos to specific spots on the audio so that they will show when that portion of the music plays. It is a single audio track. I would like to be able to then experiment with adding other slides or videos of varying lengths in between the ones that are locked without shifting the ones that are locked. I have searched through the oneline help and this forum but so far haven't come up with anything. Is it even possible. My only thought was to split the audio clip at each of these points and use the functionality of linking a slide to an audio track (which is normally used for voice over commentary but this would be cumbersome. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
-
Thanks Igor! I think maybe some video editing programs refer to them as "proxy" files. That might work well. At this moment, the vast majority of videos that I use are from my Galaxy phone at 4K resolution (3840 x 2160), 60 fps (sometimes 30 fps). The project I previously sent you is typical except that I would use many additional clips. HOWEVER, what I don't understand is that this exact same video/project works and displays just fine in version 11! The speed up is not displayed in the Trim dialog, but it definitely shows the speed up in the O&A window, in the main program preview window and in the preview accessed by pressing the "Preview" button (none of which show the speed up in version 12). I even added a second similar video clip and speeded it up 2X and the same is true with both clips in the project. Try opening my project in version 11 and see if that is the case for you also. I understand that the "Trim and Adjust" window is probably all brand new code in version 12, but I assume the code for the other windows hasn't changed that much. Let me know if you need me to try something else.
-
Increasing the speed of a video clip to 200% does not properly display yet in ANY window inside of PTEAV (Beta 6). Not in the trim and adjust speed window, not in the O&A viewing window, not in the main viewing window in the timeline and not in the window activated by pressing the "Preview" button. It does, however, show the speed increase when I save the project to an .mp4. Maybe your team is still working on this.
-
I have tried Beta 5. I did successfully publish the video without it freezing. Increasing the speed of a video in the Trim and Adjust Speed Window STILL DOES NOT WORK. THE SPEED DOES NOT INCREASE. It gives a changed duration for the length of the video, but if you change the slide duration to that number, the video ends prematurely in playback. Take the project I sent you and run it through v 11 to see how much more quickly the downhill speed through the canyon increases. This just does not happen in v 12 Beta 5. I have tried other number percentages and other videos, particularly ones that were not trimmed or otherwise altered, but it does not seem possible to increase the speed of a video above 100%. Decreasing the size of a video, however, does seem to work just fine.
-
" added a single clip. Changed the speed to 200%. It changed the stated video duration but it did not speed up the clip. And during playback, the video ends prematurely because it is not speeded up. Also, I could not publish the show to an .mp4. The publish window just sat there and never did anything. " This part is NOT RESOLVED. Please check your messages for link to a zipped pte file to confirm.
-
I added a single clip. Changed the speed to 200%. It changed the stated video duration but it did not speed up the clip. Also, I could not publish the show to an .mp4. The publish window just sat there and never did anything. It did create a 1KB file with the name but that's all. I went back in and tried to change the speed from 200% back to 100%. Moved the slider then manually typed in the number. Closed the window and PTEAV just locked up and I had to "End Process". I started over with another clip. I changed the speed to 50%. That worked ok but then I tried to trim the end of the video and the window never showed me the end. I could go in and trim the video first and then set the speed to 50% and that worked fine. Just for the record, I experiment with ticking the "Interpolation" box for this video, but the video then became quite blurry. Apparently the interpolation is only intended for extremely slow videos. I tried again with the second clip and trimmed in first then set to 200% speed. Duration changed, but not speed. Went back and again attempted to reset speed to 100% and the little display window went black and then when I closed the Trim and Adjust Speed window, PTEAV once again locked up and I had to shut it down. I tried one more time and trimmed first and adjusted speed to 200%. Duration changed, actual video speed did not. This one did publish. Setting video speed definitely has some issues. Let me know if you need further information. I did go into V11 and set the speed on both videos I had tried to 200% speed and they did indeed speed up and I was able to save them. FYI, I am on a PC running Win 24H2 with 64 GB memory.
-
?? Works fine for me and I see an obvious difference.
-
Absolutely love the sample project included with the new beta! Will be wonderful to explore many of the new features by going through those images and transitions. Much easier than aimlessly clicking buttons or printing out Igor's description sheet and looking for the updates. Great job and beautiful images, Barry Beckham! And I love the winking koala at the end! One of the changes that stands out to me so far is the ability to use a parent object to change the colors and opacity of it's associated children. Having to modify those settings for each one of those child images / objects in the past was a bit annoying.
-
Hi Jeff, I have missed seeing your videos with your dogs! Most of the videos on here are typically posted to YouTube with a link so it's probably their rules that apply. Here's a link to another free music source that I posted almost a year ago. They really do have a good variety of music and it is all royalty free. The link for the $59 membership in that posting is still valid. You might check it out and see if it works for you, assuming it is in your budget. It beats the heck out of those monthly subscription sites.
-
Merry Christmas to you and your team Igor! Thanks for the early Christmas present! I look forward to working with this new exciting version!
-
Start playing video halfway into slide (from start of video)
mhwarner replied to mhwarner's topic in General Discussion
Thanks Denis and Jill! I knew I was missing something. Offset is exactly what I was looking for! -
I feel like there must be a way to do this but I can't seem to figure it out. I have a single slide that is a collage of several videos in frames with masks which all begin playing at the start of the video. At about the time these videos complete, maybe 2/3 through the running of the slide, I want to overlay a single video on top which covers the screen and plays for the rest of the length of the slide. I can't figure out how to start this overlay slide from it's beginning but not at the beginning of the slide. I have tried to move the first keyframe to the point where I want it to begin but that doesn't work. I did try multiple keyframes with the first two set to zero opacity and the third set to 100%, but of course the video is still playing from the beginning even though it can't be seen. My only other thought is to put the video on a second slide with a fairly long transition time. Does anybody have any thoughts on a better way to do it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
-
Love the transitions! Very creative vbl2007! Thanks for sharing them.
-
There is this fairly simple one: And this more complicated and in Russian, but with instructions: