WnSoft Forums

Just Messing....

Lin Evans

Hello Lin! Greetings from Quarryville!! Excellent! Played smoothly and with great sound. I really appreciated the fact that you added a Mac version too. I am in great need for PTE for my business.Thanks Bill

Hi Lin,

Looks like Xara3D6?

If so what settings did you use in Xara when saving the Gif?

It ran very smoothly for me but when I have tried it myself I must be using the wrong settings as I often get some juddering on more complex animations.

Regards

John

Hi guys,

Seriously, a very simple to do example of combining a couple of excellent programs (PTE & as John suspected, Xara 3D) to highlight the new PTE capabilities of including animated GIF's in PTE sequences.

Xara 3D, Xara Xtreme and Magix 3D are sister programs which allow some sophisticated creations of both animated GIF and PNG output. They are inexpensive and quite powerful tools for creating banners and animated objects which complement PTE's fantastic object handling. 3D text, banners, and objects can be adjusted for lighting, extrusion and a host of manipulations to create some interesting and useful effects.

PTE adds a great deal to what can be done with these animated GIF's because it can also apply 3D transforms to them as well as just run them. All the normal features of object handling such as complex motion, PTE's own animations, opacity control, etc., work with animated GIF's just as they do with normal jpg and png objects.

John, the relevant settings for the animation are 60 frames per cycle and 15 frames per second and zero pause.

Of these three programs, perhaps Xara Xtreme is the most powerful, but all are worth looking at....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Sorry if I am about to hijack your topic but as you appear have some experience with Xara and unquestioned experience of PTE perhaps you could cast some light on a problem I have been having. I have noticed that if I use a larger animated gif PTE freezes and I have to use task manager to proceed.

I created an animated gif similar to yours using the settings you kindly suggested and saved at 1024 x 768 (1.14 MB) in order to get a logo to fill a slide without degradation. In fact my preferred image size is 1400 x 1050 but that didn't work either as you would suspect. I am running Windows 7 x 64 and have 3MB Ram.

The attached is the error message I get.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Yours in anticipation.

John

post-2441-127721488622_thumb.png

Hi John,

You might want to run this by Igor with the error message. It appears to be a memory access error, but I'm not certain.

Try at a smaller file size such as the default which is about 598x335 and see if it works for you. Generally, there is no need to make an animated gif as large as 1024x768 but I see no reason why it "shouldn't" work at that size. You may be running into some local (resource) issues within your individual system. If it works for you at the smaller size then this is logical. If it hangs up at the smaller size too there may be something else causing it such as some incompatibilities with Windows 7, 64 bit implementation.

I would email Igor and ask him to take a look....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi John,

You might want to run this by Igor with the error message. It appears to be a memory access error, but I'm not certain.

Try at a smaller file size such as the default which is about 598x335 and see if it works for you. Generally, there is no need to make an animated gif as large as 1024x768 but I see no reason why it "shouldn't" work at that size. You may be running into some local (resource) issues within your individual system. If it works for you at the smaller size then this is logical. If it hangs up at the smaller size too there may be something else causing it such as some incompatibilities with Windows 7, 64 bit implementation.

I would email Igor and ask him to take a look....

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for your reply Lin.

It doesn't give a problem with a smaller gif but that then limits the size that it can be displayed without degradation.

I will, as you suggest, bring it to the attention of Igor just in case there is an issue that he would like to address.

Regards

John

Hi Dom,

Thanks! I think they (animated gif's) can be used sparingly to spice up intros, etc., and the Xara capabilities can produce nice ones which look professional enough to enhance some of our shows.

Best regards,

Lin

Very nice example of animated gif in action!

Hello Lin,

Many thanks for another excellent recommendation. Xara3D is easy to learn and implement.

Anyone wanting to try it should just remember that the latest Beta release of PTE is necessary for the animations to work.

Regards, Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Yes, it definitely requires the latest beta with ability to run animated gif's. Thanks for the reminder!

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin,

Many thanks for another excellent recommendation. Xara3D is easy to learn and implement.

Anyone wanting to try it should just remember that the latest Beta release of PTE is necessary for the animations to work.

Regards, Jeff

Hi Jean-Cyprien,

Thanks!

It's a very nice new feature isn't it!!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Nice example ! Thank you for this good demonstration of what PTE is now able to do.

Best regards,

Jean-Cyprien

Lin,

I'd never considered animated GIFs as a feature that I might use. You've changed my mind for me. This feature obviously opens up a whole new aspect of adding a professional "look and feel" to the opening or closing part of a sequence. Thanks for this insight into the possibilities.

regards,

Peter