WnSoft Forums

My Christmas present

Jean-Cyprien

Here is my Christmas present.

Each day of last December, a member of the French forum Diapositif.net has offered a present - as for each day of an Advent Calendar.

It was my turn the 24th December (the last day before Christmas). All the sweet were already eaten (!!), and I thought of the first "movies" and this, before the future PTE V7 with the video capabilities.

At the end of my contribution are the different contributors of the several calendar's days, with "JPD" the man who has created the forum, and died last March. I begin the AV saying I have had no idea for a Calendar (!!), but have asked the Santa Claus ("Père Noël") to open the gifts he has reserved for the contributors ! He answers me OK, but only for 12 gifts.

The right title is " Little history of movies before PTE V7 "

Here is the link.

It's a heavy file, and a great job for the PC, so close all the big softwares and PTE too.

Use the keyboard if necessary (I wanted a short AV !).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dgo1jp420chkh3x/Avent_24_12_2010_PC.zip

I wish you, and your families a Happy New Year.

Bravo Jean-Cyprien - JPD aurait absolument aimé ceci!

Thank you so much Jean-Cyprien - a masterful presentation and beautifully done! A very Merry Christmas to you and all the members of Diapositif - and a happy and wonderful New Year!

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you Jean-Cyprien!

You have produced grand moments of amazement!

To have such technical skill to illustrate your creative ideas - you deserve highest commendation. When Igor produced PTE Version 5(?), I thought I understood the potential. Though I would never realize that potential, I have to think you have displayed it here. Thank you again.

May the blessings of Christmas continue through the year for you and all.

Here is my Christmas present...

I wish you, and your families a Happy New Year.

================================

Jean-Cyprien,

I am trying to find some suitable words that express what I just saw in your PTE show, but I can not. How fantastic! How entertaining! How neat! How in the heck did you do that?????????????????

I can see that I am going to have to go back to PTE-Kindergarten class and start over. Really a marvelous piece of work!!!!

Thanks, Gary :D

Thank you very much, Lin, for your so kind appreciation, and thank you for your good wishes to the members of Diapositif (I'll pass on them).

With my Very Best Wishes for the New Year !

It's difficult to appreciate the strength of the Frame, Parent/Child, Mask, 3D space of PTE, and to imagine a limit for the creativity using them. Thank you, LumenLux, and may the blessings of Christmas continue through the year for you too.

ken " you must have covered all the features". Certainly not ! There is a lot more we can do with PTE ! We have just to imagine them. PTE'll do it. Thank you, ken.

I'm pleased to offer you such a present, thank you Mickp.

"How in the heck did you do that ??" It's just easy for me, and I like it !! Kindergarten is a wonderful place, but I'm too old now ! A pity, certainly. Thank you, Gary !

Jean

Thank you very much for making and showing this magical show.

Having a replica of a zoetrope myself, I enjoyed very much seeing come to live all the different ways the illusion of movement was created more than 100 years ago.

A great christmas present.

Bert

Thank you Bert for your kind comment. Yes it is possible today to buy replica of zoetrope, toupie, praxinoscope, small or big. See for example :

http://www.heeza.fr/categories.php?lang=2&path=13&num=96&action=e

Thank you Bernard, I like doing such things !

Happy new year to you too, and your families, Daniel, and thank you for your appreciation.

Magic, Andrew ? Yes, PTE is magic, we can do everything with it. Thanks to Igor and his team !

It was Huygens, Plateau, Horner, and specially E Reynaud with his praxinoscope who have got creative, imaginative brain ! Wonderful thing but just before the cinematographe !

"Wondering do we need PTE 7 !" Yes, the files are far smaller !

"Seasonal greetings to your group." Thank you Roger. Happy New Year to you and all your families too.

• 2 months later...

Hello Jean-Cyprien,

Only now I watched this slideshow of yours and I must say I became really impressed!

For two main reasons: your research/script and your fabulous technic with PTE!

I didn't completely follow your texts because my attention was mainly on graphics and animations. So I lost a lot of the story and for sure I will watch it again.

I confess that I have no idea at all how you produced a lot of animations, starting by those 3D pictures of fireplace and 12 boxes, probably the easiest ones.

And I can't resist to ask how long did you take to make this show? (Please, don't say 1 week, neither 10...!)

In conclusion, my sincere congratulations!

I can see in your show that you must have an excellent movie background and great experience dealing with all phases of "directing/editing".

So, I hope you don't mind if I note that along the show, I missed a "continuity background soundtrack".

I mean, some kind of sound (music or whatever) to fill "spaces" between used musics/sounds, and so assuring an audio continuity. For sure you must have had your own reasons, that's what I would like to know.

Another point which I am in doubt: I can imagine the complexity of producing the "3D fireplace/12 boxes" scenes and as I said, I have no idea how it is done. Question is: is it possible to produce shadows? I missed them...

Beyond a simple PTE slideshow, yours has "soul", visual rithm and purpose, and such qualities are enough to distinguish it among the best.

At last, I fully agree with you: "There is a lot more we can do with PTE! We have just to imagine them. PTE'll do it."

YES!!!

Best regards,

Jose

Jean -

I too have just seen your technical masterpiece, pretty incredible. I can only imagine the number of weeks it took to complete. I'm sure that even the seasoned users of PTE will be quite impressed.

Greg Gordon