WnSoft Forums

Move Keypoint in Object and Animation

CorVdK

Hello to all,

I accidentally stumbled on a feature in Object and Animation that I did not know before.

I did some searching on the forum and looked in the manual, but I think, so far, nobody mentioned this hotkey in Object and Animation: Ctrl+E

In the Main Window, Ctrl+E, shows the Manage Templates window, but in Object and Animation it shows a small window to fine-tune a Keypoint.

I found this a nice feature. See pictures.

Perhaps the hotkey can be of some interest to other forum members, who do not know this hotkey.

Have a nice day.

Cor

post-539-0-79780800-1328361265_thumb.jpg post-539-0-45806800-1328443117_thumb.jpg post-539-0-35840500-1328443134_thumb.jpg

Nice discovery, Cor! Did you notice that the modification is applied to ALL the keyframes on this object? It works with both positive and negative adjustments, too. The value in the pop-up box is the number of milliseconds that you want the keyframes moving (positive to the right, negative to the left). It can result in the origin keyframe (at offset 0.000) moving left. I'm not sure what the implication of having a keyframe on an object before the object exists will be. Now if only we could use Ctrl+Click to select just those keyframes to which this feature was to be applied... And a warning if the move took a keyframe beyond the existence of the object, too.

Come on you Wizards of Wnsoft, make it happen for us! Please?

regards,

Peter

Nice discovery, Cor! Did you notice that the modification is applied to ALL the keyframes on this object? It works with both positive and negative adjustments, too. The value in the pop-up box is the number of milliseconds that you want the keyframes moving (positive to the right, negative to the left). It can result in the origin keyframe (at offset 0.000) moving left. I'm not sure what the implication of having a keyframe on an object before the object exists will be. Now if only we could use Ctrl+Click to select just those keyframes to which this feature was to be applied... And a warning if the move took a keyframe beyond the existence of the object, too.

Come on you Wizards of Wnsoft, make it happen for us! Please?

regards,

Peter

Yes Peter, I'm still playing with it. But it's very powerfull.

I add my voice to the other requests for more options to move multiple keypoints.

While we are on the subject of keypoints and drawing Igor's attention to a possible further modification.

In O&A, the value in the Key frame time box (which shows the time from the start of the current slide) does not compare easily to the actual running time of the keypoint on the time line - not very user friendly for adjusting the key point time.

I would like to see an extra adjustable box next to the Key frame time box to show the running time of the Key frame - i.e.the same value as the highlighted point on the time line.

I know I can click and drag the keypoint along the time line, but I would find this proposed box easier to adjust rather than click and drag or calculate a new running time from the value in the current Key frame time box.

Now the Ctrl + E has been drawn to my attention (Many thanks, Cor) I will try that to adjust a keypoint. With Peter's request for Ctrl+Click to select keypoints, there might not be a need for an extra box!!

Boogie

Superb!!

You read my mind!!

No longer do we have to make multiple versions of images for basic effects.

A great refinement would be to make it possible to apply it to a Keyframe rather than globally.

Not as good as Nik Silver EFX Pro but great for passing effects.

DG

P.S. Any more that you have not told us about??????

This function is already very useful !

May be you can add a check option "Move also children" in the dialog box.

An other feature witch would be nice, will be the possibility to select several key-points with the mouse, holding the ctrl key, and move then directly on the time line.

By the way there is two different approaches : Moving all keypoints at a time for one or several objects, or just moving distinct keypoints of one object.

But from now, I am just very happy with the existing function !

Thanks again !

Hi Dom,

Great to have you back -we've missed you!

Peter

Thanks Peter.

I'm glad to be back, I missed this forum.

I don't want to be rude, but as it is now, I don't see the point of the CRTL+E function.

I still prefer to use the key frame time parameter that gives the ability to move the keypoint in real time.

But I suspect it's still a feature in development and I'm sure Igor and his team will find "the" solution to move keypoints.

The CTRL+SHIFT+P function is really great. If it could be associated to keykpoints, it would be perfect;-)

PTE is in continuous improvement ! :-)

• 1 month later...

I don't want to be rude, but as it is now, I don't see the point of the CRTL+E function.

I still prefer to use the key frame time parameter that gives the ability to move the keypoint in real time.

I was so wrong! It is very useful already as it is.

You can move all keypoints of an object in a single manipulation.

It's definitely a time saver!

Thanks Wnsoft! :)