WnSoft Forums

Custom Transitions?

tom95521

A new feature in 7.5 is custom transitions. Apparently we can create and share custom transitions. There are many interesting transitions I see on web pages that I would like to use in PTE. Do you think it is possible to create these types of sophisticated transitions without creating a template?

Samples (Use Chrome or FireFox to see animations)

http://tympanus.net/...pment/Slicebox/

http://demo.tutorial...shutter-effect/

From

http://artatm.com/20...web-developers/

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

The first effect is very possible in PTE. It is, after all, very similar to a Rubik's Cube (which, you may recall, I have already created using PTE v6). The effect here has more layers but these layers turn about only one axis. The catch would be that the images would have to be pre-cut into the strips. So I guess that means it would have to be a template rather than a custom transition.

The second one could certainly be set up as a custom transition. The shutter leafs would be objects that were common to all uses of this effect. The actual images are being used "in one piece" so the problems inherent in the previous effect do not apply in this instance.

regards,

Peter

A slight modification seems to work better. Nevertheless it should be clarified why the other version shows an unwanted effect.

Regards,

Xaver

Effect8.zip

When I download the attachment I get a ptef file which I cannot open. I associated it with the pte program file but i just get pte opening with no custom transition. Now i don't know how to change the association. Help (simple language please)

Dave,

Marcel,

Great! A competition of transition effects! :)

Marcel, please upload other linked image files which you use in that custom transition.

Xaver,

I just thought that masks are not required! It's possible to crop a slide objects with "Canvas Size" parameters. And no masks and more smooth animation of slow PCs.

Mickp you need to load the file from the custom transitions window.

Geoff

======================

Geoff,

I loaded the Marcel transition and selected it as the transition for a slide but I get error messages. See attached.

Not sure what to do.

Thanks... Gary

post-1794-0-85389700-1354804669_thumb.jp

Hi Tom,

What is the name of the Photoshop filter that creates the neat curly images?

CS6 - Oil Paint.

Will you post your transition so we can use with our own images/videos? (I have 1080p laptop).

Tom, I'm going to hold on until Igor adresses the aspect ratio issue. That's why I issued the EXE and not the Custom Transition.

Does your transition use masks or canvas size method?

Masks. Were there any mask related issues? Any stuttering at all? Mine was smooth, but as Igor indicated, masks and low power PCs don't always mix.

Did you use linear rotation or smooth?

Linear. There is also a minute amount of fade in/out.

Is it possible to reverse the direction of transition?

Yes

DG

Dave,

Marcel,

Great! A competition of transition effects! smile.gif

Marcel, please upload other linked image files which you use in that custom transition.

Xaver,

I just thought that masks are not required! It's possible to crop a slide objects with "Canvas Size" parameters. And no masks and more smooth animation of slow PCs.

No problems Igor, the images were changed ..

Essai Marcel.zip

Marcel,

To create a backup of custom transition, go to Project Options->Transitions, select your custom transition and click 'Pack resources in ZIP'. This will create a Zip archive including not only transition itself, but also all resources used in that transition. See User Guide, page 27.

Dave,

To change aspect ratio of custom transition, in Effect Editor click 'Customize' button. You can also choose between 'Cover' and 'Fit Into' modes. In a case aspect ratio of project and transition used in it don't match, transition will either fit into screen or cover it.

Besides, it seems your 'Slices' example does not have any custom transitions. A mistake?

Artem