WnSoft Forums

On request I made a slideshow about a international trail orienteering competition.
This sport was new to me, so I read the rules and watched a training event the day before.
The special was, that my slideshow was ment to be showed the same day as the competition on the event dinner. So I had to prepare the show a little and those the music and other audio effects before the event.
But all pictures and videos were taken and edited that day, and the show put together with PTE.
Well, everything went well and to my understanding people did enjoy the show at the dinner.

https://vimeo.com/95589858

Nice job Jan!

Great use of depth of field photography with multiple quick frames and worked very well with the background music. Looks like fun was had by all and a great use of PTE to memoralize the event!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Mick,

Don't you see the embedded video player and the link to Vimeo??? It appears on my display... Hmmm Maybe it's a cache thing? Try pressing CTRL F5 to clear the cache and let me know if you don't see the link and embedded video player - I see it on all my browsers....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Mick,

That's really strange. Which browser are you using? I'm unsure why the player doesn't appear on your display. Perhaps others can comment on whether they see it or not. I see it with Mozilla, IE and Chrome and on the two systems I have running at present.

Below is a screen capture from my display:

post-37-0-21893200-1400533829_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Got it and now and it is on the original post. Had a re-boot in the meantime so maybe that had something to do with it. Use IE and don't usually have any problem. Great show using good imagination and excellent sync to the music - could ditch the end video for the English version.

Mick.

Interesting - hard to say what the problem might be - I doubt it is the forum software, most likely either a cache issue or perhaps vimeo requires a codec which you don't have to see the embedded player. The fact that a boot revealed the player for Mick seems to point to the cache rather than a codec. At least we know that more than one person has problems with an embedded Vimeo link...

Igor is out-of-pocket for a while so maybe we can sort it when he gets back...

In the meanwhile, Barry try clicking on the lower left corner of the black area and see if an actual link is just hidden - that's where the hotspot for the link is located... Drag your cursor around on the lower left corner and see if there is a change...

Best regards,

Lin

I am not at home right now and using an old laptop, so perhaps the clue is there.

I have just looked at what version we are using on this old Vista laptop we use for travelling and it's IE 9. I don't doubt that if we upgraded it would be fine. I think it's Internet Explorer where the issues are

That's possible, I'll see if I have an older version to try ....

The oldest version of I.E. I have is 8.0.6001.18702 and it works fine... so unless Microsoft broke something with I.E. 9 - it must be something else...

Best regards,

Lin

I do not use IE, I use Firefox. Yesterday I didn't see any Vimeo link. Today, after an overnight power-down/power-up cycle I do see the link. It isn't an "IE thing". But it might have been a "cache thing".

Peter

Thanks Lin for your comment and helping to solve the linking problem.

Sorry for not adding a translation to the video interview at the end of the show.

Here is the link again:

It starts with the http-stuff, followed by vimeo.com/95589858

(it might also work using just "vimeo.com/95589858" in the browser?)

Jan

• 5 weeks later...

Jan,

I come to this a little late (just came across the thread).

I really enjoyed your show and your use of consecutive stills giving a video feel .

To complete the show on the day was a real achievement.

I would have like to see a variation on the consecutive stills with a varying number of shots. Sometimes I expected to see another couple of movements if you see what I mean.

I thought it was a very original way to do it.

It also reminded me of a Sport theme competition in my Camera Club some years ago when the judge dismissed Orienteering images as NOT a sport.

The author, a keen orienteer walked out in a rage!

Snapcam

• 2 weeks later...

Amazed at how much work you put in and in such a short time. i need forever to get things put together. Hats off! It is always tough to put everyone into a short show, but with the quick spurts between shots and the depth of field it

stayed fresh. By the way, I used Chrome and Firefox and had no problem with viewing your show.

Jeff