WnSoft Forums

One idea, more possibility

One idea, more possibility :)

- under the "object & animations" > "add mask" function, is editable the slide options (and the style also)

i mean "slide in slide" function...

- in the "project options" > screen > bacground > can be add a video (for background)

- if in the project is the "display slides in random order" enabled, the slides are played not with the

"default slide durations" but the duration which was paired with the given image

- in one project can be added one more "timeline" ( i mean, if i have in the main timeline added a video

in the 2nd time line can i add some pictures in a specified minutes (works similarly as the timeline with

audio, only in this case, replace the audio with video)

- make slide style from existing slide ( if the current slide is ready, with one click can be saved as "slide style"

Sorry for my bad english, i just will that this application is better, as before ;)

Hi and welcome to the PTE forum!

You can add a video as a background now, but not via the project options. Go to the first slide where you want the video to begin as a backgrouns and in Objects and Animations add this video slide, position it on the layer under the still slide, select it, and on the "properties tab" make it the "master video track." Now copy it (right click and choose copy) and paste it to each successive slide. Position it under the still slide and It will automatically be "linked" to the master slide on subsequent slides where it is copied and pasted. If you don't want the sound from the video, turn it off via the mute on the master slide.

When you play your show, the video will run continuously and uninterrupted in the background.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I think the idea suggested by bbela is to do the same thing in an easier way just by selecting a new background video within project options.

Personnaly I do not see how I could use such an option, I've never used a video background in my projects up to now.

Daniel

If a video were added to the Background in Project Options some other decisions would also have to be made.

Does the video duration constitute the Full Duration of a single slide?

Does the video play continuously over multiple slides?

What happens if the video duration is more or less than the required total duration of the Project? Does the video stop or repeat?

The method could be used to create a portion of a larger project which could be copied into the main project when completed.

Whilst I don't see any major obstacles to implementing this suggestion, I think that it is probably safer to leave this application to the current available methods which allow greater flexiblity and accuracy to achieve the desired result.

DG

I think there is significant merit in having a change made to the architecture of the PTE product in order to meet the needs of the original poster. Lin's solution (post #2) can hardly be described as intuitive! Dave's concerns (post #5) need to be taken into account.

Since v8, PTE has given us multiple audio tracks with the ability to have multiple sound clips on each; and with precise control over each individual clip. What it now needs is the equivalent architecture on the image side. In order to have total flexibility, with total control, delivered in an intuitive manner, we now need multiple "tracks" of visuals.

If we had that feature we would be able to lay the video down on, say, track #1 and place the still images alongside it on track #2. We could then decide whether we wanted the video to run as "picture-in-picture" over the stills or have the stills appear as "picture insets" on top of the video.

It would be an added bonus if PTE would strip the sound file off the video and present it as an audio file linked (i.e. locked) to the video. We could then use the features of the timeline to envelope and fade the sound just like any other sound clip.

Peter

Hi Peter,

It could be a possibility for a future version of PTE. The present way of doing it isn't intuitive, but to make it intuitive might make it much less versatile. Right now as you know, the video can run uninterrupted as the still slides progress (master video) or it can be a single video clip either below or above the layer of the still slide. As you also probably know, the sound can be muted on the video and inserted as the audio and played as an mp3 audio with complete envelope control right now - it's a PTE feature. All the instructions for doing this and more are in the Wiki user guide, but right now it's not available in as many languages as would be nice.

The reason I posted the response and method for using a video as a background was that I wasn't certain if the OP realized that this could presently be done. When one has to translate every thread, it can be difficult to avoid missing important information.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for the feedback, i see other people are interested for this (and helping where can i find this functions of PTE) ... now, after this information, how can i use this function, i mean exactly what Picsel also wrote.... only a easier way to make this option available. Thanks for helping me Lin, yachtsman1 (and also on behalf of other beginners) ;)

I think there is significant merit in having a change made to the architecture of the PTE product in order to meet the needs of the original poster. Lin's solution (post #2) can hardly be described as intuitive! Dave's concerns (post #5) need to be taken into account.

Since v8, PTE has given us multiple audio tracks with the ability to have multiple sound clips on each; and with precise control over each individual clip. What it now needs is the equivalent architecture on the image side. In order to have total flexibility, with total control, delivered in an intuitive manner, we now need multiple "tracks" of visuals.

If we had that feature we would be able to lay the video down on, say, track #1 and place the still images alongside it on track #2. We could then decide whether we wanted the video to run as "picture-in-picture" over the stills or have the stills appear as "picture insets" on top of the video.

It would be an added bonus if PTE would strip the sound file off the video and present it as an audio file linked (i.e. locked) to the video. We could then use the features of the timeline to envelope and fade the sound just like any other sound clip.

Peter

I totally agree with Peter that multiple image tracks would be a real benifit to PTE.

I often need to add objects that play over several slides & to be able to have these on a separate track would save a lot of work.

But maybe the new O&A in PTE8.5 will help male this easier.

Also if PTE could automatically strip off the sound from a video & add it to the audio tracks this would help.

Jill

It sounds to me what Peter is describing is a multiple track video editor (Non Linear Editor) like Premiere, Final Cut Pro, etc.

This leads me to wonder when 4K video becomes the new normal how does Wnsoft market PTE? Does PTE morph into a video editor with image support? Most video editors can create video slideshows from images. If most display monitors are 4K or less what makes PTE stand out among the competition? The distribution format (binary instead of video)? The smaller file sizes (for non video slideshows)? Before Igor turns PTE into a video editor (I think) there must be a strategic objective.

Tom

It sounds to me what Peter is describing is a multiple track video editor (Non Linear Editor) like Premiere, Final Cut Pro, etc. ...

There are not only the video editors, but also the classical AV editors like Wings and m.objects that should be mentioned here. These programs use mainly independent multiple image tracks. Transitions take place between consecutive single objects (images, videos) on the same tracks. This model has its advantages when using overlapping objects, in particular objects (animated or not) that live for a long time (longer than the typical lifetime of a PTE slide).

PTE has only one image track, but the objects on this track are complex scenes (called slides), and transitions take place between these scenes, not between single images (or videos). Inside the scenes we have hierarchical structures, so called scene graphs (here called parent-child-constructions), and these constructions are the major reason why PTE is ahead of its competitors regarding animation. In my opinion, it is not an easy exercise to keep PTE's concept of transitions between complex hierarchical scenes, and the introduction of additional image tracks. There might be ways to do it .....

Regards,

jt