WnSoft Forums

Live Paintings. Ideas for AV shows

Igor

Very Nice, and it can be done with PTE, but perhaps only a few people know how to do such? It's easy enough to move individual PNG images around in layers, but there is more going on here such as Jean-Cyprien did with his Christmas show and apparently only a few users have successfully acomplished this type of motion.

Best regards,

Lin

I love the look. It would be wonderful if somebody did a tutorial on Youtube or? that would explain the basics simply.

The one big thing PTE lacks, in my opinion, which I think stunts it s growth, is a wide variety of simple tutorials that go beyond the basics. Other programs have tons that people and the producer of the program create. It is one thing to write the directions, but it is so much better if one couples it with video of it being done with the result included. There is a good help page, but so much more is needed to bring a user, like myself, up to speed on the neat techniques.

Something to think about. Maybe a director of education. Perhaps you should check out Topaz Lab tutorials. That company is probably the best for educating people about their products in a step by step mode. They usually end up with 600 to 1000, which I think is their limit, on their webinars. Then they put them on Youtube.

Hi Jak101,

Have you investigated the tutorials page of the forum??? There are many, many tutorials which go way beyond the basics. Here's a sample of just the one's I have posted .... There are plenty more:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7901-pte-made-easy-tutorials-continuously-updated/

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

I love the look. It would be wonderful if somebody did a tutorial on Youtube or? that would explain the basics simply.

The one big thing PTE lacks, in my opinion, which I think stunts it s growth, is a wide variety of simple tutorials that go beyond the basics. Other programs have tons that people and the producer of the program create. It is one thing to write the directions, but it is so much better if one couples it with video of it being done with the result included. There is a good help page, but so much more is needed to bring a user, like myself, up to speed on the neat techniques.

Something to think about. Maybe a director of education. Perhaps you should check out Topaz Lab tutorials. That company is probably the best for educating people about their products in a step by step mode. They usually end up with 600 to 1000, which I think is their limit, on their webinars. Then they put them on Youtube.

Hi Jak101

When version 8 appeared at the beginning of 14, there was a general request for English language tutorials as the current version of the on-line tutorial wasn't available.

I don't class myself as an expert, but I did have a copy of Camtasia the screen recording software, so I began a series of YouTube tutorials on how I use PTE, these are available here, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCYJnSnQ8V_CqJGDt8nQPzA

You will have to sift through my other stuff on there, the last one being on masks which I made early December, hope they are what you are suggesting.

Yachtsman1.

A very interesting effect and now seen quite often on TV documentaries where archive still images are given a 3D like appearance. I believe Adobe Dreamweaver software is used to create it. I have used a very basic similar effect in my 'Ode to Welsh Quarrymen' sequence to achieve a similar view of peering into a workshop through an open door (much, much more basic than the Russian Weather video though!!). My effect was created using masks. IMO to create something like the skating sequence using Adobe PS or similar would be extremely time consuming but my PS skills are not that good. I suspect that there would have been a substantial number of people involved in animating the skaters. If there is another way of achieving the same without using Adobe DW or hours and hours on PS I would love to know.

Harbrimar

Perhaps the animation of these figures is not as complex as it may first look. Its not the figures themselves that have animated movement. (as in legs moving independently to arms) The figures could be replaced with oblong shapes and the animation work required would be the same. The time consuming part is creating the independent animation within PicturesToExe. Each figures skating movement would need to be controlled by Key-frames and the animation speed would also be important. ie slowing down or speeding up.

I suppose it would be time consuming in Photoshop if you had to first cut out all of the figures you required from larger more complete images. I guess for the Russian weather channel, the figures may have been drawn specifically for the animation by artists and maybe straight into a computer.

1. I still like the old idea of being able to create curves, bezeir or just paths with points and move an object along that path.

2. There could be multiple paths, including circles and simply move any object along that path.

3. The ability to automatically keep an object upright as it moved along a curve would make things a whole lot easier as well.

Hi Judy,

I agree and I think that Igor is planning bezier curves for a future version of PTE - however, and at the risk of being castigated for suggesting the seemingly "dreaded" work-around, (personally, I believe work-arounds are fine) there are ways to do this right now with PTE. If you visit and join the French forum Diapositif, one of the very talented French users has created a tool to allow PTE to do bezier curves.

As for keeping an object upright - I explain how this is easily done in my #3 tutorial in the PTE Made Easy series here: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7901-pte-made-easy-tutorials-continuously-updated/

Best regards,

Lin

Really, it's not very difficult to do such animation, because it is PTE which make all the work !

You take a frame, and call it "Ground"

As a child, you put a frame, you call it Movement.
As a child of the Movement' frame, you put a... dancer , for instance.

With the Movement' frame (and perhaps an other frame), you can establish a path (+/- complicated) for the dancer ( circle, cycloïde, bézier curve...)

Now, you'll incline the Ground, and straighten the dancer.

PTE will modify the size, and the perspective according to the distance - and the position (right, left) you see the dancer. You have nothing to do.

And with Photoshop, you have just one png picture to make.

See for exemple the round of my poppies -- between 3:06 and 3:16

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/download/171-two-poppies/

The principle is the same for my Advent calendars (but with a lot of png files !)

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/204-in-a-cold-christmass-night/

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/275-my-2014-christmas-present/

Best regards

Jean-Cyprien