WnSoft Forums

About PTE AV Studio 10.5 beta 27 [SOLVED]

vbl2007

In the latest version of PTE 10.5 beta 27 (as in the previous one), saving the shadow template (Preset 1) does not work for me. Everything works great in version 10.0.14.
Also in version 10.5 beta 27 in the O&A window I can not capture the vertical red bar in order to move it along the timeline to the right and to the left. The strip is captured only from 4-5 times.
The files used in the project are highlighted in blue. Sometimes it's hard to see. It may be better to use red color or/with underscore of the filename.

18 minutes ago, vbl2007 said:

I can not capture the vertical red bar in order to move it along the timeline to the right and to the left

Even in older versions, I did not try to grab the red line of the player's slider with the mouse, although it worked there. It is enough for me to click the mouse anywhere on the scale and a red line appears next to it, and it can be moved. I don’t like another thing in this line anymore, it became twice thicker and a little blurry. The old line was more practical in my opinion, especially for very close keyframes.

21 minutes ago, stranger2156 said:

Even in older versions, I did not try to grab the red line of the player's slider with the mouse, although it worked there. It is enough for me to click the mouse anywhere on the scale and a red line appears next to it, and it can be moved. I don’t like another thing in this line anymore, it became twice thicker and a little blurry. The old line was more practical in my opinion, especially for very close keyframes.

I often use a red bar around keyframes. Already used to it. Doesn't work in this version. I will try to do it according to your suggestion.

3 hours ago, stranger2156 said:

... I don’t like another thing in this line anymore, it became twice thicker and a little blurry. The old line was more practical in my opinion ...

On my screen (1920x1200), the line does not look thicker as in 10.0.14. But it shows a kind of halo which should not be there :angry:

BTW: Moving the cursor in O&A, and saving shadow presets is OK for me in 10.5.Beta27.

I have made the same observation as davegee: In both cases, the line has a width of 1 pixel. But in Beta 27 there is a halo of an additional pixel on both sides, which should not be there (upper image: Beta 27, lower image 10.0.14):

Cursors.thumb.png.26dd39d8b7654c9d0c23253770d9b18b.png

Honestly, I hardly see this difference with a red vertical line. It's sub-pixel differing, because we wanted to make it thicker for high DPI resolutions and especially for Macs with Retina displays. Also we wanted to make a smooth moving of the cursor during a playback.

Do you use 100% font scaling in Windows or higher?

I'll check with saving custom presets of a shadow.

I would just like to add that the difference is hardly noticeable in use and is only really apparent in highly zoomed comparisons. If it makes the movement of the cursor smoother then, for me, it overrides the appearance of the "blur".

DG

P.S. The Shadow Presets continue to save OK for me.

Let me add the remark that I do not like the blurred line that much. On the other hand, when using the dark mode the situation isn't that bad. The line does not look thicker for me, but not as clean as in 10.0. In the light mode, the effect is worse. The line really seems to be thicker.

In my first post in this thread, I wrote that I am not worried about the motionlessness of the red line if the mouse cursor is positioned directly on it. In fact, I now see certain inconveniences in this. Apparently in older versions, I did not pay attention to such 'little things', because there was no such problem. It's really inconvenient when you accidentally hit the line with your mouse and you can't move it.

Perhaps, it is necessary to put small markers in the form of a square / triangle / circle at the top and bottom of the red line. For which you can take and move the line. A similar one already exists in the Main window on the Timeline tab.

40 minutes ago, vbl2007 said:

A similar one already exists in the Main window on the Timeline tab.

The marker in the main window is useful for visualizing the position of the slider and video progress in the player in timeline mode. In the O&A window, the red line should provide a more subtle interaction with the mouse cursor. What does the marker at the ends of the red line give me (to which I still need to move with the mouse cursor), if I need to get exactly in the center of the marker so that the line does not move. Instead, I can calmly grab the line itself (along its entire height) and start smoothly sweeping from the chosen place.

Paul

• Igor changed the title to About PTE 10.5 beta 27 [SOLVED]

Thanks Igor. The program works great. The red line is captured the first time. It seemed to me that the program works faster and loads projects quickly. I was a little surprised by the size of the installation file, it has become somewhat larger compared to version 10.0.14. Thanks again.

Greetings,

When posting comments about the different versions, Windows vs Mac, please indicate which version you are posting about. It seems this is about the Mac version but it is not clear since there is a Windows version 10.5, also.

Thanks...

Gary

1 hour ago, goddi said:

Greetings,

When posting comments about the different versions, Windows vs Mac, please indicate which version you are posting about. It seems this is about the Mac version but it is not clear since there is a Windows version 10.5, also.

Thanks...

Gary

PTE for Windows

• vbl2007 changed the title to About PTE AV Studio 10.5 beta 28 for Windows

Ok...I'm confused. I see there is a 'MAC 10.5 beta 28' version. The last Windows beta version I see is '10.15,beta 24, build 1'.

But you say your question is for the 'Windows version, 10.5 beta 28'.

Can someone point me to a newer Windows version...if there is one?

Gary

In my opinion, there is no need to create new themes for any comments to each new beta release, in particular, for Windows. For Windows Beta 10.5 there is a separate topic in the general discussion section, where you can leave any comments or feedback. And for Mac Beta versions there is a whole section.

Paul

2021-03-17_184609.jpg.fea0dd1a1614eaf0d97504cf7889ec87.jpg