WnSoft Forums

Positioning image in O&A

aplman

Using PTE AV Studio 10.0.14, I have a problem.

In Objects and Animation, one slide at a time, I adjust the position and size of the main image, until it looks right on the O&A screen, with no black borders around the edges.

After closing O&A, I then Preview From Current Location, in full screen.  The slide now has those dreaded black borders left and right.

Am I doing something wrong?  How can I get the O&A image work area to be in tune with the size and shape of my show?

Thanks

Ken T.

What is the size and shape of your show? 16:9 HD?

You must be doing something wrong, because this generally isn’t an issue at all, but because of that I can’t think what to suggest. The O&A screen reflects the size you set, or the default at the start

Are you maybe looking at a 4:3 show on a 16:9 monitor.

When watching full screen you will still have black borders either side.

Other than that I have no idea. As Barry says O&A always reflects what you see.

Jill

13 hours ago, Barry Beckham said:

What is the size and shape of your show? 16:9 HD?

You must be doing something wrong, because this generally isn’t an issue at all, but because of that I can’t think what to suggest. The O&A screen reflects the size you set, or the default at the start

Hi Barry

16:9 was set in Program Options.

I have two suspects; three if I count myself. 

Most of the pics in this new show are 4:3 images from a friend's iPhone, shot in 4:3.  I should have prevented that!

Some of my O&A fiddling has involved multi-line keyframe display, from multiple objects.  Are there known problems in that area?

I appreciate your interest, thanks Barry.

Ken T.

I have no ideas.

if you have 4:3 or any other aspect ratio and you drag those images to fill the 16:9 shape you have in O&A. Then you will not get black bars anywhere.

unless you drag the  wrong one and then view a different one

I’m also wondering why you would have multi-line keyframe display as you describe it and then talk about adjusting aspect ratio that should have already been done.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Maybe you have set the image to "FIT" instead of "COVER"

Very good question, Bert.

I usuaally start by bringing in all my images using "FIT"  As I work through the show,choosing the most appropriate part of each image, the black bands beside or above clearly show me which slides still need to be adjusted.

Here is a question for Igor:  Delving into the PTE filss, I can see "FitMode=Cover" in some slides, and "FitMode=PlaceInto" in others.  I am mystified by this.  The FitMode setting can be chosen i O&A, but only one sllide at a time.  Is it settable somewhere else?

Does the FitMode line in the PTE file really matter after I have changed the image size and position by dragging?

All helpful responses appreciated.

Ken T.

Hi Ken,

in project options, defaults, you can select Cover and apply to all slides. If you don't select Cover and apply to all slides, it's fit mode.

If cover is ticked, then all new slides will be in cover mode

Denis

On 4/6/2022 at 2:51 PM, Barry Beckham said:

I have no ideas.

if you have 4:3 or any other aspect ratio and you drag those images to fill the 16:9 shape you have in O&A. Then you will not get black bars anywhere.

unless you drag the  wrong one and then view a different one

I’m also wondering why you would have multi-line keyframe display as you describe it and then talk about adjusting aspect ratio that should have already been done.

EUREKA!  

Evidence, I believe, that it is NOT my senility, but a flaw in the nearly flawless software that we love.

My post in Bug Reports will explain.

Ken T.