WnSoft Forums

Webb Captures Stellar Gymnastics in The Cartwheel Galaxy

Igor

Hi Igor

love this animation. Cheer.
In a short time we will have enough images made by the James WEBB telescope and we will be able to make a complete slide show.
About 2 years ago I made one with the images of the earth seen from the ISS made by Thomas Pesquet

It's hard to comprehend how large the universe is compared to our small part of a galaxy. I did a quick google search and a conservative estimate of 200 billion galaxies and each galaxy has an average of 100 million stars. Each star has an average of 2 planets.  I think there is a good chance there is life and probably intelligent life far beyond our own intelligence.

Thanks,
Tom

• Like 1

I have my doubts that humans will make the leap to an interstellar species. We have no propulsion technology that would allow us to travel fast enough for a human to visit another star system in one lifetime. That means our only option would be multi-generation space travel in a ship like Arthur C. Clarke's Rendezvous with Rama.

Tom