WnSoft Forums

Volume controls and decibels

In the Project Options we have volume controls for audio clips. It would be fine to have volume controls also for whole tracks. I just had the situation where I wanted to reduce the volume for a track including narration with many clips, and I had do it clip by clip.

In the Timeline we have the choice between Percentage and Decibel, while in the Project Options we only have Percentage. Why not having Decibels there, as well?

• 2 months later...

What we need is a VU meter for each sound track and a VU meter for the global output. A kind of mixing deck

This is the only way to mix correctly voice and music.

Generally I manage to get the peak level for voice at -5 dB and the background music at -20 dB.

Doing so I'm sure that no word will be covered by a musical note.

And to do so presently I have to use a different software..:mellow:

VoicMusic.jpg

I agree that we need VU meters as suggested.

But a work around rather than having to use additional software to mix, it is possible to just open say Audacity and watch the VU meters in that while playing in PTE.
Maybe not as accurate, but better than nothing & unless it is a really complicated soundtrack it saves having to do the sound outside of PTE.

Jill

Of course, I use the VU meters of Audacity for all my project, and I made a tuto to explain it 8 years ago, but it was 8 years ago...

So to summarize:

- We need a VU meter for each audio track, with a cursor for tuning the global volume of the track.

- We need a VU meter for the audio output of the whole project, with a cursor for tuning the final volume of this audio output.

• Thanks 1