WnSoft Forums

videos are interrupted

Claus

I just put three videos one after the other to the timeline.

When I play the whole scene from the timeline every video and the transitions are ok.

When I play the scene from the slides the transitions are not smooth and the second and third video

are not playing smoothly. Any suggestion (despite from using the timeline) ?

PTE 11, i7, 16GB

Hi,

Usually a playback in realtime (preview) should play smooth FullHD video clips (1920 x 1080).

For a smooth preview/playback of 4K video clips you need a modern computer with a faster graphics card (NVIDIA or AMD). Especially if you make a collage of several video clips, or transition between two video clips.

Anyway, all issues with smoothness appear only in a preview mode, once you create a final MP4 video file, it should play fine on any modern PC or flat TV.

18 hours ago, Igor said:

Hi,

Usually a playback in realtime (preview) should play smooth FullHD video clips (1920 x 1080).

For a smooth preview/playback of 4K video clips you need a modern computer with a faster graphics card (NVIDIA or AMD). Especially if you make a collage of several video clips, or transition between two video clips.

Anyway, all issues with smoothness appears only in a preview mode, once you create a final MP4 video file, it should play fine on any modern PC or flat TV.

It should but it does not. When I start it from the slide-view. From timeline-view or in full-screen-mode it's ok

9 minutes ago, Claus said:

It should but it does not. When I start it from the slide-view. From timeline-view or in full-screen-mode it's ok

Try to convert/optimize these 3 video clips in a built-in video converter of PTE AV Studio. In the File panel of the main window select one video clip and in the popup menu choose "Convert/Trim Video Clip" command. Leave all otions by default. Then re-add converted video clips back to your project and compare smoothness of a playback.

Also you can send us (to WnSoft) a test small project which includes these 3 original video clips where you observe this issue. Use a special command - Create a backup in a ZIP from the main menu > File menu. And upload the ZIP file to Google Drive or WeTransfer.com Then please send me a download link in a personal message through this forum.

Let me know a model name graphics card installed in your computer.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

We've checked your project. Video clips are optimized and have optimal resolution (1920 x 1080).

On our PC your project play absolutely smooth. I'll check on Monday on another older PC.

I have a Nvidia m1000 in an Lenovo p50

I think it explains a reason of this problem. Nvidia m1000 graphics was introduced 12 years ago.

Most likely there is not enough computing power of the graphics card for this task. Or perhaps the hardware video decoder is not enabled for some reason. Try updating your NVIDIA graphics drivers.

You can continue to use PTE AV Studio on this old laptop. Or consider buying a new faster laptop/PC.

This is due to the fact that the graphics/computing speed of the latop is barely enough for this project.

I've tested your project on our relatively old computer (2016 year) with GeForce 1060 and Intel Core i5-7400 processor. Playback is flawless in any mode.

1 hour ago, Igor said:

This is due to the fact that the graphics/computing speed of the latop is barely enough for this project.

I've tested your project on our relatively old computer (2016 year) with GeForce 1060 and Intel Core i5-7400 processor. Playback is flawless in any mode.

My Laptop has a i7/6700 processor , 16GB, a 2TB SSD and this Nvidia m1000, and that is not enough? And it is only the miniplayer. Fullscreen is everytime OK.

Do you see any difference in playback when your laptop is connected to power supply, or when it work from the battery?

Your laptop is very good in general. A possible problem can be with NVIDIA m1000 graphics. It's an old model (2011). Or drivers not updated correctly, not installed correctly.

I recommend to check for available new drivers for Nvidia m1000 graphics in Windows Update app. Or update drivers manually from NVIDIA website.

Windows laptops usually have an option to run from the CPU graphics (Intel HD) or external graphics( Nvidia). I think if you right click under properties I think you can change the graphics mode. You might try the opposite to see if the problem is better or worse.

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1