WnSoft Forums

Problem with Photo Flip transition

Georges

transition (photo folding) in PTE AV Studio 11 does not work

In my PTE AV Studio 11 Pro (latest installed update 11.0.8) - Windows 11 an advanced transition does not work (photo-folding). This transition works in your typical project, but it's impossible to make it work in a new project. Whatever arrow you use, the image only moves downwards.

Should I uninstall and reinstall the software? Thanks for your help

Georges

Sans titre-1.jpg

(I moved these new posts into a new topic from the old topic. Igor)

2 hours ago, davegee said:

Georges,

The "Photo Flip" Transition works OK for me in all directions.

Try re-installing and if it still does not work , please get back to us so that Igor can comment.

DG

Hi DG

It was Photo Fold that wasn't working in Georges post above? I've never used them but I think they must be different.

Rosy

Hello
Thank you for your message.
I've opened a new project1 but it doesn't work. The directional arrows of the advanced "photo-fold" transition are inactive and there is no photo folding. I've noticed that this transition more or less reproduces the effect of the standard "slide" transitions with the down arrow activated.
I installed PTE versions 11.0.4 and 11.0.6 and now the transition works. As soon as I install version 11.0.8 the transition stops working.

"Photo-fold" does not exist. We only have "Photo Flip".

In the French UI "Photo Flip" is called "Photo-pliage"

Deepl and Google Translator translate "Photo-pliage" to "Photo-folding" :rolleyes:

I use Version 11.0.8, and Photo Flip works (for me) :mellow:

Hi Georges,

I couldn't reproduce this issue in v11.0.8.

Try to uninstall current version of PTE AV Studio 11. And the reinstall v11.0.8 again.

Start a new empty project (using New command from the toolbar of File menu).

Add several slides (images). And try to choose Photo Flip transition.

2. Do you use a custom default project template (for new projects) in the Preferences?

3. You can try the following:

Close PTE AV Studio 11.0.8.
Find a folder where custom styles and transitions are stored. Usually it's located in Documents > PicturesToExe > Styles and Transitions
ZIP this folder as backup copy and temporarily move to another folder.
Run PTE AV Studio. Check Photo Flip transition.

After checking, close PTE AV Studio, and return original Styles and Transition folder (delete an automatically created new Styles and Transitions folder, and replace it with your original folder).

Hi Igor,

I went through all the steps you described.

The one that worked was the last one. I moved the folder where the custom styles and transitions are stored.
I reopened PTE AV Studio and the transition worked. Then, as you said, I deleted the new folder automatically created "Styles and Transitions", and replaced it with my original folder. And then it didn't work again.
I did the same thing again, but instead of completely replacing the new automatically created folder, I kept the newly created ".ini" files and just copied and pasted my other original files.
And it's working for the moment.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Georges

Georges,

I'm glad that you've found a personal solution for that problem.

Can you send us your original folder "Styles and Transitions" which caused that problem?

We need to find a reason of that problem and fix it if other users will face with the same problem.

If it possible, please send me a personal message through the forum. You can upload the ZIP file via WeTransfer.com or Google Drive.

Hi Georges,

In the custom "Styles and Transitions" folder I see damaged storage (.ini file) for custom transitions. It contains the same transitions which are included in PTE AV Studio by default and they're broken.

Honestly, we have no idea why it might happen for you in PTE AV Studio. If you can repeat this issue from a scratch, please let me know.