WnSoft Forums

Configure section "Objects and Animation".

SoCu

I'm not sure about what SoCu really means. I see a kind of problem with O&A: You open it for some slide, and make 10 modifications. Then you come to the decision to leave the slide as had been before opening O&A (i.e. leaving the slide unchanged). In this situation you cannot close O&A with just one click. You have to click the undo button 10 times.

My opinion on "Autosave every x minutes": A horrible feature. You sometimes make a mistake and some nice work is gone. If then Autosave does what it is meant to do, then you have lost something. I myself prefer my own version management which gives me the opportunity to backtrack the whole development of my project. But: chacun à son goût :)

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jt49 said:

I see a kind of problem with O&A: You open it for some slide, and make 10 modifications. Then you come to the decision to leave the slide as had been before opening O&A (i.e. leaving the slide unchanged). In this situation you cannot close O&A with just one click. You have to click the undo button 10 times.

Hi,

Click the "Tools" button menu. And choose "Undo All Changes". It will revert all changes made in current session of the Objects and animation editor for a current slide. 

26 minutes ago, jt49 said:

My opinion on "Autosave every x minutes": A horrible feature. You sometimes make a mistake and some nice work is gone. If then Autosave does what it is meant to do, then you have lost something. I myself prefer my own version management which gives me the opportunity to backtrack the whole development of my project. But: chacun à son goût

This function is not activated by default.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Igor said:

... Click the "Tools" button menu. And choose "Undo All Changes". It will revert all changes made in current session of the Objects and animation editor for a current slide ...

Thanks, I have never noticed this function which is a bit hidden. It is nice to have it.

And have two buttons, "Close" and "Save", Close, which closes the window without saving the changes, and Save, which saves the changes made on that slide.

Regardless of the fact that the changes are saved automatically "if so configured" when you are in the main window.

1 hour ago, SoCu said:

And have two buttons, "Close" and "Save", Close, which closes the window without saving the changes, and Save, which saves the changes made on that slide ...

In this context, I would regard the notion "Save" as a bit misunderstanding for typical users. I think that Igor's concept is OK; maybe the location in "Tools" isn't that advantageous.

2 hours ago, jt49 said:

Thanks, I have never noticed this function which is a bit hidden. It is nice to have it.

I always thought the 'Undo All Changes' was for everything you have done since the last Save Command, not just on that Slide in O&A.

You learn something new all the time :o

1 hour ago, SoCu said:

Regardless of the fact that the changes are saved automatically "if so configured" when you are in the main window.

Autosave will save every so many minutes regardless of which window you are in

SoCu you can save at any point in O&A by pressing Ctrl+S & in the main window.

Jill

57 minutes ago, jkb said:

SoCu you can save at any point in O&A by pressing Ctrl+S & in the main window.

Yes, but where I am saying is in the "Objects and Animation" window, when you are in this window and click close, the changes are saved, and you may not want them to be saved.

I think it would be nice to have the possibility to save the changes, or not.