WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6 Beta 16

Igor

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6 Beta 16

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (6 MB)

What new in this Beta:

+ Improved view of keypoints on the timeline in the main window.

+ Updated language support: French, Spanish.

* Fixed bug of previous betas with appearing of "opt_exefn - Empty" error message on starting of created screen saver if executable EXE file never was produced.

* Fixed old bug (since v5.0) with an incorrect work of "Save image/slide" dialog in slideshows (if it was configured through "Print image" option).

! Removed "Color view of keyframes" option (added in previous beta).

What new in version 5.6:

+ Added export of slideshow as a video. (See Main menu -> Create)

- Export of HD video for playback on PC, Mac.

- Export of video for iPhone/iPod.

- Publish online on Youtube.

- Publish online on Vimeo with HD quality.

+ New 3D transition effects between slides:

- Added "Flip 3D" effect.

- Added "Swap 3D" effect.

- Reworked "Curling of page 3D" effect. Set large radius parameter to get completely new effects.

+ Improvements in Objects and Animation window:

- Mask objects for creating of special effects. You can apply several Masks to one image object.

- Music and sounds when you click "Play" button for preview.

- Added "Anti-shimmering (mipmapping)" option for Image and Text objects. This option prevents appearing of shimmering when object has zoom from small size to large size.

- Improved view of "Action on mouse click" list.

- Added new action "Run slideshow".

- Added "Pause" button.

! "Original size" mode of objects has been replaced. Now use "Fixed size of slide (in pixels)" mode in Project options | Screen tab. And "Size/position in pixels" button in Common tab of object properties.

+ Added "Virtual size of slide" parameters as alternate way to set aspect ratio of slide (Project options | Screen tab). It helps in work with "Size/Position" tool window in "Object and animation" editor.

+ Added new commands "Run Slideshow" and "Run Slideshow with Return" to Project options | "More" tab and as an action for objects. This option highly recommended if you want to start another slideshow from current one and for building of menu. It will guarantee flawless start of next slideshow from current one. In fact a series of slideshows will work as one large slideshow that provides optimal memory usage.

+ Added "Color outside slide area" option (Project options | Screen tab). By default if you run widescreen slideshow (16:9) on 4:3 display you see black strips around the slide. Now you can choose this color.

+ Added menu on Create button.

+ Faster rewinding of slides in created EXE file and preview.

+ Added "Crypt images/music against extracting from EXE file" option. See Main menu | View | Advanced options. (Enabled by default).

+ Improved installer of PicturesToExe, multi-lingual interface.

+ Fully rewritten shadow for objects. Now it has correct view for a long text object. And better visual quality.

+ Changed caption of "Change Image File" button in the main window.

+ Improved view of keypoints on the timeline in the main window.

+ Improved scrolling of the timeline when you move blue triangle cursor outside visible area.

+ Various improvements.

! "Run application" options has moved to the last page of Project options (More tab).

! "Disable F1 key to show help window" has moved to "Customize help window" dialog (Main menu | Project).

* Fixed an old bug (since v5.5) when after renaming of a main image in Slide list or File panel MiniPlayer didn't display renamed image.

* Fixed an old bug (since v5.1) when changing of display resolution, locking of PC or Sleep mode applied during encoding of video caused visual defects in created video file.

* Fixed an old bug (since v5.5) when all color text objects (excluding black and white) had slight almost invisible greenish contour.

* Fixed old bug of all previous versions: pressing Ctrl+O (Open project), "Ctrl+N", "Ctrl+S" and other key shortcuts whilst PicturesToExe creates large EXE file it caused incorrect work of the program.

* Fixed old bug (since v5.5) when "Image Load Error" might occur in Slide list, MiniPlayer and Objects and animation editor on projects with hundreds slides of large images (about 8 megapixels each one).

* Fixed old bug (since v5.0) Push effect had mixed up "Bottom-Top" and "Top-Bottom" variations with disabled hardware acceleration option.

* Fixed old bug (since v5.0) with an incorrect work of "Save image/slide" dialog in slideshows (if it was configured through "Print image" option).

Guest Techman1

Igor,

Your heading says Beta 15, but your content says Beta 16! After you update, you can delete this message if you like.

It looks like you are getting close to a final release!

-Fred

Igor,

Your heading says Beta 15, but your content says Beta 16! After you update, you can delete this message if you like.

It looks like you are getting close to a final release!

-Fred

Fred,

It's because of the impressive speed that Igor works at!

He's now ahead of himself!!

Many thanks yet again, Igor.

Regards,

wideangle

Igor,

What new in this Beta:

! Removed "Color view of keyframes" option (added in previous beta).

I think your idea of colour-coding the keyframes for different objects was a good idea. It just needed thinking about a little more. In the way in which you implemented it, it didn't add any value. But it would be of great potential value if you approached things a little differently.

If we had the ability to Ctrl+Click to select a collection of objects out of the Objects list, and could then Right-click to have an option to "Show all keyframes" for the selected collection; it would then make sense to colour-code the keyframes and to highlight each object name with the same colour as its keyframes. There have been times in the past when I have wished that I could see the keyframes of a small number of objects all at the same time to check that the logical flow of animation was correct. I know that some of us (Lin Evans with some of his animations and myself with the likes of "Kaleidoscope") sometimes have several hundred objects on a single image. Obviously, you would have to set some upper limit to how many objects could be selected at once - but I would have thought a limit of, perhaps, no more than 5-10 would give a degree of function that would prove useful for many of the more common animation situations.

A facility such as I describe would be most helpful when programming animation events that overlap each other on the timeline e.g. fade up object A , fade up object B, fade down object B, fade down object A. We would be able to see instantly that we had our keyframes in the right order along the timeline.

regards,

Peter

Pte 5.6 beta 16 and earlier betas.

1. Sticking Image in Mini-Player, when in "Real Slide View" see previous post. (symptoms have returned)

Careful observation of the sequence of events, detailed below, will reveal the point at which the Image freezes.

Click - Slide A on the Slide List or (Timeline View).

Click - Object and Animation Button.

Make a noticeable change to the appearance of Slide A, so that the change is obvious on exit.

Cilck - Close to exit O&A window.

Observe carefully The Image in the mini-player window.

You will see - first Slide A before the O&A change, then quickly the result of the change applied to Slide A.

When the problem is evident, the Image freezes on the First Image, the Second Image does not appear.

The problem occurs whether or not changes have been made in O&A window, but occurs more frequently if the O&A window is exited without making changes.

It is better to observe the above with the Slide List in basic view, as this mode does not update, on exiting O&A.

Note - Clicking on a Slide in the File Panel (which has no O&A data) will un-freeze a Stuck Image.

The occurrence of the problem is un-predictable. (timing issue?)

The sequence of events detailed above suggest a "bug" that needs to be brought to the programmers attention.

System spec - Windows XP Sp3 - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (2 x 3.00 GHz) - 2 GB Ram - Gforce 9500GT

Typical file is 1600 x 1064 JPG of 300 - 400KB, makes no difference if larger files or smaller are used.

On my other computer, System spec - Windows XP Sp3 Athlon 1.4GHz - 1 GB Ram - Gforce 2 Titanium.

Not possible to re-produce the Sticking Image effect. (not quick enough?)

Hello Igor

Please tell me Does this beta is last update and you put the final release 5.6 pte in your site ?

I want to know how i have time for providing update for farsi translation to sent to you .

Also I want to know do you update language files for pte 5.6 and videoBuilder 5.6 in beta 16 than to beta 14

Unfortunately i am dialup internet and it is hard for me that i download your beta version blowbyblow , so i only have beta 14 now

Does it require to go and download beta 16 for update language files ? Please tell me when you exactly upload final release for PTE 5.6 in wnsoft.com ?Also Please tell me , Do i can send Language Files by your gmail's Email or by wnsoft.com/support ?

don't forget tell me do language files are only "Farsi.ini" + "Farsi.lng" ? does " reg_Farsi.rtf" is not necessary ?

Thanks

Sincerely Yours

Igor,

I would like to see the feature described by Peter in post #6, as well (Sometimes I use a workaround by inserting all keyframes via a single dummy object (transparent frame) which helps to see all keyframe positions simultaneously).

Several keyboard shortcuts in the timeline view of the main window do not seem to work: Shift+Del, Ctrl+W, Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U.

Regards,

Xaver

Peter,

No problem, I was requested for this feature many times, including past couple days :)

I'll try rework timeline in O&A editor in the next version.

AbdolReza,

Please don't worry, the final release will not be earlier than in two weeks.

But you can start translation right now, Beta 16 already includes all textes.

...I'll try rework timeline in O&A editor in the next version...

Igor,

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to the next version.

But, for now, your priorites must be to get v5.6 stable and into final release - and then take a very well-earned vacation.

regards,

Peter

Igor

Sometimes when i click on Tab for example A then click on Tab For example H then click on

Tab For example K and then click on Tab For example B when i do those rapidly , i encounter

with Application Error Message caution that i upload its photo for you ,it is happen , when

i want close project.exe , when i close it it is closed appearly but its background music is running

Sincerely

post-6430-1229612670_thumb.jpg

post-6430-1229613956_thumb.jpg

Xaver,

Several keyboard shortcuts in the timeline view of the main window do not seem to work: Shift+Del, Ctrl+W, Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U.

I confirm that (Shift+Del, Ctrl+W, Alt+F, Ctrl+F). Will be fixed in next beta.

(Ctrl+B and Ctrl+U seem to be workable.)

AbdolReza,

Sometimes when i click on Tab for example A then click on Tab For example H then click on

Tab For example K and then click on Tab For example B when i do those rapidly , i encounter

with Application Error Message caution that i upload its photo for you ,it is happen , when

i want close project.exe , when i close it it is closed appearly but its background music is running

Thanks, I need more information on this problem:

1) Can you always reproduce this error message?

2) Does it happen with other slideshows or only with particular (Project1.exe)?

3) What version of Windows you use and what video cards installed in your PC?

4) Do you have checked ("X") "Use hardware acceleration" option in Screen tab of Project options?

5) I'm not sure that rightly understood your steps how to reproduce the problem. Do you run only one slideshow or several simultaneously?

AbdolReza,

Thanks, I need more information on this problem:

1) Can you always reproduce this error message?

2) Does it happen with other slideshows or only with particular (Project1.exe)?

3) What version of Windows you use and what video cards installed in your PC?

4) Do you have checked ("X") "Use hardware acceleration" option in Screen tab of Project options?

5) I'm not sure that rightly understood your steps how to reproduce the problem. Do you run only one slideshow or several simultaneously?

Response

1) As i said , i encounter it , when i click on hyperlinks or buttons rapidly

2) yes it happens with particular Project1.exe ,

3) WinXpSp3 with final security update from microsoft by Automatic update.

video cards = 64

4) Yes ofcource .

5) I always run one Slideshow .

I reproduce it again if and when i click on hyperlinks or buttons in only with particular Project1.exe as rapidly .

Regards

post-6430-1229640380_thumb.jpg

Scorpion,

Thanks for step-by-step instruction. I've finally reproduced this bug with your help! I found a little modified sequence of steps and can easily see this problem any time.

AbdolReza,

1) What action assigned for this hyperlink or button?

2) Please send me sources files of this Project1.exe.

Tom,

PTE5.6b16

Maybe misunderstanding on my part.

Start new project, select create "HD Video for PC and Mac","Video for Iphone","Publish on Youtube", or "Publish on Vimeo", do not save project. VideoBuilder DVD application runs instead of VideoBuilder HD video application. Maybe it would be better if Project filename was stored to temp folder.

Of course if I save the project then the correct VideoBuilder HD/iPhone application starts.

Tom

I confirm this bug. Thank you!

- In next beta I'll rework this dialog to OK/Cancel (Save project or return back to PicturesToExe).

- And in future v5.7 I rework this place and will make saving of temporal project file as you adviced.

AbdolReza,

1) What action assigned for this hyperlink or button?

2) Please send me sources files of this Project1.exe.

Igor ,

This template or presentation for Project1.exe is Modern , it is first project for pte with this style that is testing for bug , so you see many bug that i explore it for first time . one of them was jumping bug (flashing bug ) that i reported you , but now i report this bug for you , this is really driving person crazy , ofcourse this is same bug in the name "Application Error" . please attend to this picture that i send to you !

pte is closed appearly , but background music of project1.exe is still running

post-6430-1229710004_thumb.jpg

Hello Igor

I can't really arrange only for 4 following phrases correctly as farsi translation in VideoBuilder ( 1-3 in VideoBuilder and feature of 4 in pte)

1- Publish slideshow/video online on<*1*>Vimeo.com<*0*>with HD quality. You can watch slideshow on Vimeo or embed it into your website and blog. HD quality (1280 x 720) and Standard quality (640 x 480) modes are available. Sign up to<*2*>Vimeo.com<*0*>.

2- Publish slideshow online on<*1*>Youtube.com<*0*>. You can watch slideshow on Youtube or embed it into your website and blog. Medium quality (480 x 360). Sign up to<*2*>YouTube.com<*0*>.

3- Creating of videofile (in H.264 format) for viewing of slideshow on PC, MAC and PlayStation 3. Recommended players for playback are<*1*>Media Player Classic Homecinema<*0*>,<*2*>QuickTime<*0*>and others.

4- Unfortunately PicturesToExe cannot produce AVI video file of presentation which contains MIDI music. Please visit Project options | Music tab and remove file with .mid extension. But you can add MP3, OGG, WMA or WAV music files.(In PTE )

Your Software don't support Align Right for languages such as Farsi and Arabic that start from Right to left , I can't set their Farsi translation as Align Right in VideoBuilder .I spend 2 weeks for setting Align Right them but , i can't success , when i put their Farsi translation in "Farsi.lng" by LngEditor , when i copy Farsi.lng in to

"windrive:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\5.6 Beta 16\VideoBuilder\Lng" and run "VideoBuilder -> File Menu ->Choosing project.pte -> Export to Video File or publish Online" , farsi translation of this 4 phrase are reverse , I really try all mode but I disappoint for translating of the 3 phrases .Should i forget translation for them ? Please guide me .

Regards

Sorry, I didn't understand. I need the project files in ZIP archive to reproduce this problem.

Igor

I really bore from this Application Error Message . please do a work !

Ofcourse my cpu is weak (1.47 G.H) and my video card so (video card with 64 MB )

perhaps it hapens because of it . but I don't sure . because the rest of the project of pte haven't like this Error ,

because of they haven't like this template fot Applicatin Error presentation , So i think that it can a bug fot pte

like the bug of jumpping . !

Merry Christmas! *Happy New Years to you and All christian People !

Best Regards

post-6430-1229854319_thumb.jpg

you need more computing power + bigger graphics card

download examples from

http://www.wnsoft.com/download.htm

Examples of slideshows created in PicturesToExe

PteShow 8 MB (ready EXE file) Sources

Paints of Summer 11 MB (ready EXE file)

Light of the Far Worlds 27 MB (ready EXE file)

then tell us which run properly on your system

ken