WnSoft Forums

Bug-reports for PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta

Igor

The Laptop is Vista - updated a couple of months ago.

It doesn't occur on my Desktop either. XP Media Centre Edition about five years old - NEVER been updated.

DG

Hello again Dave,

Just hooked up a second hard drive running XP with PTE 6.5 4 installed. As expected everything in the O&A window is displayed correctly.

This rules out absolutely any problem with my display monitor.

Seems likely the displacement problem is either a bug in PTE 7.0 Beta 10 or a compatibility issue with my 32bit operating system.

Thanks for your interest.

John.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello again Dave,

Just hooked up a second hard drive running XP with PTE 6.5 4 installed. As expected everything in the O&A window is displayed correctly.

This rules out absolutely any problem with my display monitor.

Seems likely the displacement problem is either a bug in PTE 7.0 Beta 10 or a compatibility issue with my 32bit operating system.

Thanks for your interest.

John.

Hi John

I just tried to replicate your problem with no success! I'm running Win7 64bit, Nvidia 9800gtx

Which version of Windows are you using?

Have you done all the Microsoft updates?

Are your video card drivers fully up to date?

Just desperately trying to think of an answer for you

Regards

John (Perth WA)

Hi John. [WA]

In response to your comments:

" I just tried to replicate your problem with no success! I'm running Win7 64bit, Nvidia 9800gtx "

No surprises there and consistent with my earlier conclusion.

" Which version of Windows are you using? "

Windows 7/32bit as indicated.

" Have you done all the Microsoft updates? "

Yes including Service Pack One.

" Are your video card drivers fully up to date? "

Yes.

To put your mind at ease; see the attachment. Also, I do not consider this probable 'bug' a substantive one as it doesn't impact on the overall functionality of PTE.

More of a challenge than anything else for a software developer seeking perfection in his/her product.

KInd Regards,

John.

post-6759-0-34291700-1307259975_thumb.jp

Hello,

I am presently running beta10

In O&A mode, when replacing a slide via properties tab, the slide name is correctly replaced with the new one.

But for a video clip, the video file is correctly replaced but you have to correct the object name (filename) via common tab.

Is that correct?

Jean

Hello,

I am presently running beta10

In O&A mode, when replacing a slide via properties tab, the slide name is correctly replaced with the new one.

But for a video clip, the video file is correctly replaced but you have to correct the object name (filename) via common tab.

Is that correct?

Jean

Jean,

You're right. I had same thought and now I see confirmation for that from you. We'll fix this issue. This will work only if before a replacement object name and file name were same. To avoid confusion with a case when an user manually changed object name.

Hello

With last beta 9, I can't generate a video file from my slideshow. EXE is fine, but not output to any video format

I've Windows 7 64bit

I got first an error about .mpa file

then X264.exe crashes

The video generation process continues, but the file generated is 0 bytes

Any idea ?

Thank you

Thomas,

This problem will be solved in Beta 11. We found solution for this issue. Also overall reliability of VideoBuilder will be greatly improved.

Igor,

Visual defect identified in Beta 9 is now fixed in Beta 10 as confirmed in the attached screen capture.

Thank you.

Note however the highlighted drop-down menu at the top of the O&A window in Beta 10 which also displays a horizontal displacement problem, [ probably overlooked by me in earlier beta versions ], Apologies.

Regards,

John.

I'm trying reproduce this issue now. Still can't catch it.

Using Beta10, I create an exe-file including a small video which runs perfectly: Video.exe.

I create a project (Menu.pte) with an action on mouse click: Run slide show with return.

Running the preview, I can start Video.exe on mouse click.

Using Menu.exe, the mouse click leads to an access violation error, Win XP freezes.

Regards,

Xaver

Greetings,

I am using 7.10. I am creating a new slideshow and I am having a problem with the waveform. Everything was going OK until I tried adding a 3rd music selection (MP3) using Project Options/Music. Prior to this, the waveform was shown. However, when I tried to add this 3rd music selection, the green bar appeared as it normally appears when trying to add music but it stopped about a third of the way . I closed it down because I saw no more progress. Then, I noticed the waveform was not appearing any more. I removed all the music and then tried to add just one of the previous music selections that worked, but still no waveform would appear. So I am not sure what is going on but I can not get the waveform to appear when in the Timeline.

Can you tell me what I can do at this point? I put a video in the middle of this show so I don't know if this is a bug or just a malfunction that can be fixed.

Gary

Added later:

I closed PTE down again and opened one of the versions of this slideshow. One of the music selections had been deleted from the files so I got an error message saying it was missing. The waveform was not completed until I removed the missing file from the music list. The waveform came up again and I added the previous music selections and it all was working again. What the problem seems to be is that once there is a problem, PTE can not correct itself when a problem like this occurs. I had to shut it down and reopen the program and the waveform was able to 'recalculate' and start running again. In previous versions, I have created a similar problem with missing music files but it did not freeze up the waveform like it has been doing with this version, 7.10.

Added even later:

I just removed one of the 3 music selections from this formerly working slideshow and went back to the Timeline. The waveform did NOT appear. This must be a bug???

Gary

Gary,

Thanks. I confirm the problem with stopping of waveform loading if a project has a missed audio file. This happens in v7.0 Beta as well as in previous versions.

I was not able reproduce the first problem you've described ("adding a 3rd music selection"). If it possible re-create this situation again, please send me source files and step-by-step instruction. Thanks in advance!

Hi Igor

A couple of issues with beta 10:

These are with 1080i footage from Panasonic SD9 AVCHD.

No thumbnail of video in file view, OK in slide view

Division by zero error hitting space to show full screen

sound playing after video image gone (slide moved on or dragging O&A timeline to shorten displayed time)

sound stops OK when footage trimmed using trim controls in O&A.

Sorry if these have been mentioned before. I didn't manage to read all 12 pages of bug reports.

Mike

Gary,

Thanks. I confirm the problem with stopping of waveform loading if a project has a missed audio file. This happens in v7.0 Beta as well as in previous versions.

I was not able reproduce the first problem you've described ("adding a 3rd music selection"). If it possible re-create this situation again, please send me source files and step-by-step instruction. Thanks in advance!

==================

Igor, Thanks for checking on this problem. I tried to reproduce the "adding a 3rd music selection" but I could not get this problem to reoccur. The waveform developed normally. Maybe it is just an intermittent problem. If it happens again, I will let you know.

Thanks, Gary

Igor,

When using "Customize Slide" and "Loop This Slide" I take care that the start point and finish point in an animation in the slide are "very precisely" the same.

Even so, I am noticing a slight hesitation between the end point and start point of the slide when it loops.

There are no large file sizes involved. The largest object in the animation is 360K.

Can you offer a possible reason/solution?

DG

Hello Igor,

About video duration, I noticed a small difference between exe and mp4 files.

I have in one slide, one video clip of 16.950

I need to stop it on the image located at 16.837 in order to continue the show on the next slide with that image.

I just adjusted the slide time to 16.837 and the Fade in/out transition to next slide is perfect... with preview or exe file.

But with mp4 file, video seems to continue during fade in/out time... so that I had to set the slide transition to cut.

Jean

Igor,

I am getting a regular error with PTE V7 Beta 10 on my Windows XP Desktop.

"Assertion failure(C:Worlds\PTE\PteLib2\3DBasics\DXDev3D.pas, line 1206"

I am using a single 1920x1200 monitor for both my Desktop and my Laptop via a HDMI Switch and it usually happens when I return to the desktop after using the Laptop with the monitor.

DG

Hi Igor

A couple of issues with beta 10:

These are with 1080i footage from Panasonic SD9 AVCHD.

No thumbnail of video in file view, OK in slide view

Division by zero error hitting space to show full screen

sound playing after video image gone (slide moved on or dragging O&A timeline to shorten displayed time)

sound stops OK when footage trimmed using trim controls in O&A.

Sorry if these have been mentioned before. I didn't manage to read all 12 pages of bug reports.

Mike

I'm afraid this video file can not played directly. There are several issues with rewinding that causes error with playback. Future built-in converter in PicturesToExe should help. Some video players (VLC and GomPlayer) also crash or play incorrectly this file.

Igor,

When using "Customize Slide" and "Loop This Slide" I take care that the start point and finish point in an animation in the slide are "very precisely" the same.

Even so, I am noticing a slight hesitation between the end point and start point of the slide when it loops.

There are no large file sizes involved. The largest object in the animation is 360K.

Can you offer a possible reason/solution?

DG

Dave,

Does this slide contain video clip? Please send me test project with this problem. We'll check up.

PTE 7 beta 10

Hi Igor,

Should all features of Mac slideshows work except for video, unsharp mask, and navigation bar? A forum member describes a problem with buttons using goto slide name here.

Tom

Thanks, I'll check up. Mac output is not ready in these beta releases.

Dave,

Does this slide contain video clip? Please send me test project with this problem. We'll check up.

Hi Igor,

No, it happens with a variety of DIFFERENT projects, all in PTE V7 Beta 10. No video.

If I leave a project open and transfer the Monitor to my laptop via an HDMI switch SOMETIMES when I switch back to the desktop machine I see the message as above.

It does not happen every time.

If I can reproduce it to order I will send the project.

DG