WnSoft Forums

Bug-reports for PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta

Igor

Hi Peter,

That wouldn't be the answer either because it's three out of five which are not properly aligned. Three (Start, Duration and Offset) are misaligned while De-Interlacing and Video Clip are proper. Something is pulling the three to the right and that is difficult to explain. Igor will have to look at this one. Even a malfunctioning video card would not normally cause only three to be perfectly aligned with each other, yet shifted horizontally to the right of the other two.

Best regards,

Lin

It doesn't help John solve his problem, but I see what Lin sees on my 22" 1920x1080 16:9 monitor on my Vista Home Premium system. I wonder if the horizontal adjustment on John's monitor needs "tweaking".

Peter

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all

Just checked on my monitors 1920 x 1200 & 2500 x 1600 (2 separate computers) and I get the same as Lin no offset at all.

Regards

John Perth WA

John. WA

Thanks for your feedback.

Immediately upon reading your post I sought to verify your results on another computer, this time running Windows 7/64 bit. and am pleased to report a result in the affirmative. It does raise an interesting question though - just what caused the misaligned frames on the same version of PTE running on my Windows 7/32bit operating System?

My initial thinking is toward a corrupted program or system file or even the remote chance of a compatibility problem. In order to check this possibility I will now uninstall PTE completely and do a system check before reinstalling the program and reporting the results back to forum members.

John.

Pte 7.0 Beta 9.

Objects and Animation / Properties Window.

Frames for the setting of Start Time, Duration, and Offset are displaced too far to the right preventing easy access to the incremental menu's, [ see screenshot ].

<...>

John,

I've reproduced this visual defect and fixed for following Beta 10.

Thanks! Please leave a comment when you try updated version.

John

Just ran PTE 7 beta 9 on my Acer netbook (atom processor 1.33 & ,2gb of ram) which is the only machine I have with Windows 7 32 bit and it runs perfectly, I can't replicate your problem!

Just glad that Igor managed to reproduce it and find a solution.

Regards

John

Perth WA

John,

Igor.

Pleased you managed to track this one down - well done!

Will certainly get back to you after the release of Beta 10.

John.

John

Just ran PTE 7 beta 9 on my Acer netbook (atom processor 1.33 & ,2gb of ram) which is the only machine I have with Windows 7 32 bit and it runs perfectly, I can't replicate your problem!

Just glad that Igor managed to reproduce it and find a solution.

Regards

John

Perth WA

Hello John, [ landsberger ].

Thanks for your input and courteous response to my posts. Just goes to prove that many heads are better than one when the going gets tough.

Enjoy the rest of your day in sunny Perth.

John.

[Yamba, NSW].

Hi Igor,

Something curious !

Perhaps a problem with a big (? not really ! 1800x4535 pixel) png file (of a old project).

The original project was (re)made with the version 6 beta #15 There was no problem up to the last version (#8 still OK - #9 a curious problem).

I have re-saved the first views of the original project with the version 7 beta #8 : Sorcier_708A There is no problem with this 7 beta #8 version.

If you read this file (Sorcier_708A) with the version #9, the text is visible in the O&A window and with the mini-player. But not in the preview mode and not in an .exe file.

Same thing is you (open the Sorcier_708A and) save this project with the version #9 ( > Sorcier_709A) Same "bug" if you want to read this project : no text in preview mode and in an .exe file.

What is surprising is that if you create with the version #8 a template with the Sorcier_708A project, the new file saved in the template (Sorcier_708B) is now correctly read with the version#9. Same thing : if you read the Sorcier_708A now with the version #9, the new file created in a template (Sorcier_709B) is afterwards correctly read !

I hope I was clear enough !! Not easy to explain (and understand !)

Regards - Jean-Cyprien

Sorcier_708.pt.zip

Jean-Cyprien,

I had a problem with loading of any project files from this ZIP archive. One image file has non-latine symbols. I found this file Dode.png and also renamed in the object (Dode.png) on Slide #2.

Then I was able open it. I see the text on second slide (view).

I've uploaded executable file and modified sources:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/Sorcier_modified.zip

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/Sorcier_708A.exe

Could you please upload EXE file?

Also try to remove remove all other slides, objects to keep as possible small number of objects to reproduce this problem.

Hi Igor,

And please excuse me : it's not just a PTE bug but … ? a crazy text' file ? There is no problem with the beta#8 but with the beta #9 it's not possible to read the text'file in the preview mode nor with the exe file (only in the O&A window and with the mini player). Here is the exe file SorcierB_709A.exe as required. I think you'll be able to see that there is a text'file inside, which is not red. It's not a problem of latin or non-latin symbol. You'll find also the template.

If this text'file is re-written – as when a template is created – it's OK : beta#9 is able to read it.

If I put the file in an other repertory, it's OK (and yet, the file is not re-written !)

If I just change the name of the file (in the initial repertory - the file is no more re-written), or of the repertory, it's OK !!

I don't understand it ! It's crazy.

I hope you'll receive the "bad" text'file I'm sending now and see if something is to be done (even if it is a "bad" text'file, beta#9 doesn't work as #8).

Thanks a lot.

Best regards;

Jean-Cyprien

Album Sorcier_Moret2_615.pt.zip

Thanks, Jean-Cyprien! It's interesting issue. I see that the executable file has an incorrectly converted PNG image file Depuis.png. We convert PNG files to internal format based on ZIP format (lossless compression). And in this case conversion failed for some reason. PicturesToExe uses cache of recently converted PNG images and now every time you get wrong file in EXE or fullscreen preview.

Honestly I don't know what caused this problem, because I can successfully build executable file with text picture.

The temporal solution will be:

- Rename Depuis.png file (the best variant).

- Or move this file into another folder.

In both cases, PicturesToExe will convert PNG file again and I hope this time it will work.

Or you can uninstall Beta 9 to clear cache of converted PNG images.

Please watch will it completely solve the problem or it will return again?

Hi Igor, 

Willing to be sure of my request, before putting here the explanations of my problems, I had several times downloaded the software from WnSoft and installed them on different repertories (in Program Files). All the times I had the same behaviour of the different softwares.

After your last message I deleted all the softwares beta 9, downloaded again the soft, installed it.

Now it works perfectly !

It's still a mystery for me, but I can understand that all the different softwares I had installed were using a common repertory, or some common cache (I'm not familiar with those “things” !)

The main important thing is that there is no bug in PTE .

Thank you Igor. I'm so sorry for the time you've lost for this wrong problem. Please excuse me.

Kind regards

Jean-Cyprien

Jean-Cyprien,

Probably it's the bug of PicturesToExe. Please watch for this situation and let me know if this will occur again.

Also each version of PicturesToExe creates own unique folder for cached files, even if you install several beta versions into one folder. Also an each new beta version doesn't import cached files from previous beta. So you needn't care about these things.

Hello

With last beta 9, I can't generate a video file from my slideshow. EXE is fine, but not output to any video format

I've Windows 7 64bit

I got first an error about .mpa file

then X264.exe crashes

The video generation process continues, but the file generated is 0 bytes

Any idea ?

Thank you

post-9699-0-36063800-1306694947_thumb.jp

post-9699-0-91684700-1306694952_thumb.gi

An observation with Beta7, but also with version 6.5.8: If I protect a show with a password and have a startup window, as well, then (in Preview and Exe) the password has to be entered twice :)

Thanks! We'll fix this bug in following beta version.

Hello

With last beta 9, I can't generate a video file from my slideshow. EXE is fine, but not output to any video format

I've Windows 7 64bit

I got first an error about .mpa file

then X264.exe crashes

The video generation process continues, but the file generated is 0 bytes

Any idea ?

Thank you

Thank you, I think I'm guessing what could cause this problem. We'll try fix this in following beta. Please let me know additional information - did you use successfully previous beta releases (Beta 1-8) or version 6.5 for this video output?

Thanks! We'll fix this bug in following beta version.

Thank you, I think I'm guessing what could cause this problem. We'll try fix this in following beta. Please let me know additional information - did you use successfully previous beta releases (Beta 1-8) or version 6.5 for this video output?

No I used this beta-9 for the first time. And when I tried to open the same project with 6.5, it notifies me that it could not be compatible. However, if I continue, I have the same problem with video generation on 6.5

Any idea when Beta 10 will be available ?

Thomas

I've just noticed a small problem with setting a colour using the colour palette for backgrounds, shadow colours etc.

With the colour palette open on Style 1 showing RGB and HSL settings, try clicking in the R, G or B box to delete the existing value using the Delete key. It always leaves one digit in the box.

Using the slider works fine, so not a big issue.

(Don't know if this occurred in previous versions)

Regards,

wideangle

Thomas,

Thanks for details!

Beta 10 will be published soon (probably on Friday).

I've just noticed a small problem with setting a colour using the colour palette for backgrounds, shadow colours etc.

With the colour palette open on Style 1 showing RGB and HSL settings, try clicking in the R, G or B box to delete the existing value using the Delete key. It always leaves one digit in the box.

Using the slider works fine, so not a big issue.

(Don't know if this occurred in previous versions)

We'll try fix this bug. Thank you!

John,

Igor,

Visual defect identified in Beta 9 is now fixed in Beta 10 as confirmed in the attached screen capture.

Thank you.

Note however the highlighted drop-down menu at the top of the O&A window in Beta 10 which also displays a horizontal displacement problem, [ probably overlooked by me in earlier beta versions ], Apologies.

Regards,

John.

post-6759-0-50511100-1307169302_thumb.jp