Igor

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's start again.

The project uploaded to this thread contains the Project Which gives the Assertion Failure.

How do I e-mail a file directly to you?

DG

Dave,

Yes, I've understood :)

And I reproduced this problem after reading your first description.

But you also wrote above:

Igor,

When using "Customize Slide" and "Loop This Slide" I take care that the start point and finish point in an animation in the slide are "very precisely" the same.

Even so, I am noticing a slight hesitation between the end point and start point of the slide when it loops.

There are no large file sizes involved. The largest object in the animation is 360K.

Can you offer a possible reason/solution?

DG

And I've replied:

Dave,

Does this slide contain video clip? Please send me test project with this problem. We'll check up.

Dave,

Thanks for the sample project! But I still can not reproduce this problem.

1. Do I understand rightly that you're speaking about 2nd slide with rotating message? Looping is flawless on my PC.

2. Did you have this problem with previous version 6.5?

3. What version of Windows do you use?

4. Do you see this problem in both - executable file and in fullscreen preview?

Hi Igor,

Yes, it occurs (on my PC) in both Preview and EXE on the second slide after each 360 degree turn of the Frame - when the frame is at 90 degrees to the viewer.

I did not see this in 6.5 but this was created in 7 beta 10. I'm not sure that I have ever used a looping slide with animation before!!

My system is Windows XP Media Centre Edition Service Pack 3 (Pentium 3.00 GHz; 2Gb RAM; nVidia GeF 7600 GS; 500Mb RAM) and it could well be that it is now a little "outdated" but I have no need/desire to upgrade to a later system until Nikon NX2 becomes fully 64 Bit Compatible.

DG

P.S. I also see this effect when playing the EXE on my Vista Laptop. The hesitation is very slight but noticable.

Dave,

Thanks for details!

1. Please try to load this project in version 6.5 (ignoring a warning of possible incompatibility). Will same problem occur there?

2. Try save the project by another name and modify it keeping only one-three slides - just to reproduce the problem. And if it possible publish executable file on the forum learn feedback from other users.

3. Try run the executable with this problem on another PC. What result it will give?

Thank you in advance!

PTE 7 beta 10

Hi Igor,

Should all features of Mac slideshows work except for video, unsharp mask, and navigation bar? A forum member describes a problem with buttons using goto slide name here.

Tom

It should work. I just created a short sequence and tested it on my Mac with OS X 10.5 Leopard. "Go to slide" command worked fine (for slide name and for slide number). Could you please check up again or give me a link to show where it doesn't work?

Hi Igor,

I have tried my project in both 6.5 and 7Beta10 on both my desktop and my Vista laptop and the "hesitation" that I am seeing at the end/beginning of a loop is the same on both machines.

However, I think that I have cured the problem by altering the start position of the picture frame.

In the original the start end was 90 degrees to the viewer. I have altered it so that the start position is zero degrees and this has (apparently) cured it.

I no longer see any hesitation.

Thanks for your patience!!

DG

Problem with mts video clips.

Hello Igor,

I dont know if it is the right place to report some experiences with mts video files tested with beta 10 (not yet with beta 11)-

I have shot some very short rushes with my Sony Camera in order to test the new ability of PTE to manage mts video files. The video clip files format is mts AVCHD 1920x1080i 50Hz. In fact the video files are displayed inside PTE main window with blue thumbnails "error...." but when dragged and dropped on the timeline, the thumbnail on the timeline is normal and the video are displayed inside the miniviewer, but jerky and scarred. The same thing happens with the preview. I have made the same test on three different PCs with the same results :

1- XP SP2 Media Center Edition/ Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 1,6GHz / NVIDIA Go7600

2- W7 / Pentium T4440 4Go/ Intel GMA 4500M

3- W7 /Intel Q9550 6Go/ NVIDIA 9500GT

Nota : I can read all my videos smoothly with VLC,MHC, or Sony' PMB. In our club, we use also Studio14 and Adobe Premiere CS4 or CS5(on 2 or 3)without any problem.

Best regards.

I was adding some different music to an already completed slide show in Beta 11. On two occasions it threw up what you can see in the screen grab. I had deleted the original music, added a second track and was adding an offset when this happened. It occurred twice with two different track of music. The only way out was via task manager.

Never had anything like that before from PTE ?

Sorry for my english ... i use translator Google

A bug perhaps?

Image1. video insert MVI_1077

Image2. transformed into a master video track

Image3. insert video MVI_1090 and link to: MVI_1077

ok?

Image4. MVI_1090 transformed into a single video clip

Nothing changes, it is always MVI_1077

Normal?

In all cases it seems impossible to go back ...

post-6892-0-22542300-1308552077_thumb.jp

post-6892-0-73382400-1308552267_thumb.jp

post-6892-0-83684000-1308552320_thumb.jp

post-6892-0-48220600-1308552329_thumb.jp

Problem with mts video clips.

Hello Igor,

I dont know if it is the right place to report some experiences with mts video files tested with beta 10 (not yet with beta 11)-

I have shot some very short rushes with my Sony Camera in order to test the new ability of PTE to manage mts video files. The video clip files format is mts AVCHD 1920x1080i 50Hz. In fact the video files are displayed inside PTE main window with blue thumbnails "error...." but when dragged and dropped on the timeline, the thumbnail on the timeline is normal and the video are displayed inside the miniviewer, but jerky and scarred. The same thing happens with the preview. I have made the same test on three different PCs with the same results :

1- XP SP2 Media Center Edition/ Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 1,6GHz / NVIDIA Go7600

2- W7 / Pentium T4440 4Go/ Intel GMA 4500M

3- W7 /Intel Q9550 6Go/ NVIDIA 9500GT

Nota : I can read all my videos smoothly with VLC,MHC, or Sony' PMB. In our club, we use also Studio14 and Adobe Premiere CS4 or CS5(on 2 or 3)without any problem.

Best regards.

Please send me sample video clip. We'll check up.

I was adding some different music to an already completed slide show in Beta 11. On two occasions it threw up what you can see in the screen grab. I had deleted the original music, added a second track and was adding an offset when this happened. It occurred twice with two different track of music. The only way out was via task manager.

Never had anything like that before from PTE ?

Barry,

Could you please try reproduce this situation again? I'm afraid I need exact step by step instruction and project files to recreate this problem and fix it.

Also does the Project options window was opened when this error occured?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my english ... i use translator Google

A bug perhaps?

Image1. video insert MVI_1077

Image2. transformed into a master video track

Image3. insert video MVI_1090 and link to: MVI_1077

ok?

Image4. MVI_1090 transformed into a single video clip

Nothing changes, it is always MVI_1077

Normal?

In all cases it seems impossible to go back ...

I think it's a right behaviour of PicturesToExe. But I agree that it may cause misunderstanding. So I suggest automatically rename video clip when it linked to a master video clip to have same name (excluding a case when it had an unique name set by user).

Hi Igor,

Any news on the Assertion Failure problem?

I'm now on Beta 11 - still happening.

DG

Do you mean connecting/disconnecting of monitor? Sorry for obvious request, but please make sure that you're testing latest Beta 11. I thought we fixed this issue. Probably it's a different situation, because we tested with desktop PC. Please send me screenshot of entire screen.

I think it's a right behaviour of PicturesToExe. But I agree that it may cause misunderstanding. So I suggest automatically rename video clip when it linked to a master video clip to have same name (excluding a case when it had an unique name set by user).

As I understand it, when a video is linked to a master video track, it is not possible to change ? Yet the box still shows the list of options (Master video track, single video clip, link to: ... )

Si je comprends bien, quand une vidéo est liée à une piste video master, il n'est plus possible de la modifier ? Pourtant la box affiche toujours la liste des options (Piste video master, video unique, Associer à )

Copied from PTE forum to Bug Report..... Lin

Bonjour Igor,

J'ai installé la version 7 Beta 10 sous Windows XP SP3.

Lors de l'ouverture d'un projet soit déjà existant en 6.5, soit un nouveau sujet, les couleurs des vues de la table de montage sont modifiées.

Cela ne semble pas avoir d'effet sur la visualisation ni même sur l'exécutable généré.

Cependant la vidéo HD, qui semble se servir de la table de montage, produit un résultat avec les couleurs modifiées.

La version 6.5,que j'utilise toujours, ne présente pas ce problème.

Merci de votre aide.

Jean-Pierre Lavigne

Hello Igor,

I installed the Beta 10 version 7 on Windows XP SP3.

When opening an existing project is in 6.5, or a new subject, the colors of the views of the timeline is changed.

This does not seem to affect the display or even on the generated executable.

However, the HD video, which seems to use the timeline, produces a result with the colors changed.

Version 6.5, I always use, does not exhibit this problem.

Thank you for your help.

Jean-Pierre Lavigne

Attached thumbnail(s)

• post-9723-0-43259700-1308575004_thumb.jpg

• add.png
  • delete.png

Hello Jean-Pierre,

It's a very interesting problem!

Please could you save this project by another file name and leave only one slide with this image file (bird). Then please send me project file and image in ZIP archive (you can use "Create backup in ZIP" function in the main menu | File). And upload file to www.mediafire.com

Also could you check up display settings that it set to 32-bit color.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Thanks Lin for the translation!

I have created a FullHD video from one of my sequences: The video codec is Xvid (MPEG-4) at a bitrate of about 10000 kbps, the audio codec is MP3 (192 CBR), the container format is MP4.

The media player of my Samsung TV plays this video perfectly. The Media Player Home Cinema does not play it absolutely smooth, but it is not too bad! In the preview of PTE 7 Beta11 the sound is significantly too late (about 1 sec).

Regards,

Xaver