• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Error messages with navigation bar

working with PTE v7.0 beta 14 / PC Asus K70IJ Win7

When selecting "show navigation bar" inside the main tab of project options, an error message pops up

and again after clicking on "customize" button another message pops up again, see the attachment...

Best regards

Daniel

post-6446-0-82784200-1312552895_thumb.jp

post-6446-0-13174900-1312552916_thumb.jp

DANIEL

xp sp3/v7/b14

i am set to show nav bar

i click customize

i get same error message as you

but the nav bar settings do show

and the nav bar shows and fuctions when i preview the show

ken

Hello Ken

yes, that's right! The same on my side, although the error messages if we click OK on the pop-up message and go on, the nav bar works.

It seems that a png file is missing...?

It would be better if Igor's team could fix it.

Have a good week end

Daniel

I am having a problem with the Nav Bar selection in 7.0 Beta 14.

I opened a slideshow that was originally made in a previous version. I tried to change the existing Nav Bar from the Sky Style to the Video Style. When I try this, I get an error message. See attached gif.

I also notice that it does not give all the menu choices, such as the Exit icon.

Gary

post-1794-0-96356800-1312721474_thumb.gi

Hi Igor,

Test PTEconverter

Sorry ! but personally, I am disappointed by the average quality and the big overweight...

First test conversion with PTEconverter :

50 seconds original file, Sony NEX-5 .MTS = 104 MB

1) File Converted with PTEconverter (MP4 apparently...) = 82 MB (quality 50 %...)

Video :

http://www.auplusnet.com/Divers/00015.PTEconverted.zip

screenshot :

PTEconverter.jpg

2) File Converted with Freemake converter http://www.freemake.com/ (MP4 H.264) = 45 MB (bitrate max Quality 7000 Kbps)

Video :

http://www.auplusnet.com/Divers/00015-Freemake.zip

screenshot :

Freemake-Video-Converter.jpg

other tests :

A video of the Nikon D7000 (.MOV) about thirty seconds = 89 MB

1) with PTEconverter basic setting (50%) = 56 MB

2) with adjustment Freemake MP4 H.264 (7000 kbps bitrate) = 32 MB

A new video Sony NEX-5 about thirty seconds = 74 MB

1) with PTEconverter basic setting (50%) = 58 MB

2) with adjustment Freemake MP4 H.264 (7000 kbps bitrate) = 32 MB

Another problem

after the integration of this video in PTE, big difference in rendering compared to MPC viewer

Why the lighting effects in PTE ?

Is it possible to set in PTE and how ?

MPCviewer.jpg

VideoincorporatedPTE.jpg

Bernard,

Regarding output quality in video converter.

Above mentioned software convert video clips to H.264 format which gives smaller file size, it but takes more CPU loading for further decoding. In PicturesToExe we have to play video clips in real time (sometimes in complex scenes) and we need use less "heavy" video format. Our video converter outputs video in MPEG4-ASP format which optimal for real time playback in executable slideshows.

Another problem

after the integration of this video in PTE, big difference in rendering compared to MPC viewer

Why the lighting effects in PTE ?

Is it possible to set in PTE and how ?

Please send me source video file and converted. I'll check up.

Igor. I have lost track of where we are with this Mac issue. If you recall, Mac users reported that the show had a white screen and did not advance. They could advance manually though. I use either Audacity to record commentary, but lately I have turned to Camtasia and just produce an Mp3 from a recorded video. Has the fault been fixed in beta 14? I can't believe it is a corrupt Mp3 file as it happens too often for that.

I have remade the slide show in Beta 14, so it can be tested if need be. The link for the final show is here http://www.mediafire...ousekeeping.zip

The link for a zipped breakdown of the show is here http://www.mediafire...011_8-54-34.zip

If it helps, I can make a short test slide show, one using Camtasia and one using Audacity

We'll try solve incompatibility with MP3 files saved in Camtasia. For Mac executables we use an audio decoder provided by Mac OSX and probably something changed there.

Problems with Videoconverter

First of all, congratulations to the PTE's team for providing us with an easy to use videoconverter! Thanks to you Igor.

I 've made some tests and noticed the following problems

1 - If I want to modify the file name and folder for the converted file, there is no possibility to choose a file format and the extension mime does not appear. It would be better if the mp4 extension was automatically selected as there is no other choice.

2 - Even checking the resizing box it seems that this feature is not yet available as there is no possibility to modify the size in pixels in the dialog box.

3- Trying to make a conversion flv to mp4, the first time I openned the flv file I ve got an error message from the videoconverter but after closing it and reopenning it everything becomes OK and the conversion was OK

Please see pictures here attached

Daniel

post-6446-0-38116300-1311876948_thumb.jp

post-6446-0-95210500-1311876963_thumb.jp

Thanks for your report!

1. Currently out video converter makes video only in our format optimized for PicturesToExe (MPEG4-ASP). We'll fix bug with missed filter and file extension.

2. Resizing of picture will appear in next beta version(s).

3. Please send me this FLV file. I'll check up for this problem. It's important to fix this bug.

Hello.

I tried the video converter from a Nikon D90 video, and I received an error status.

Same thing with all my D90 videos

You will find here attached a D90 video.

Thank you for your help, and congratulation for the job already done

110515_135510.zip

Thanks! We've fixed this bug in Beta 15.

I would like to take the opportunity of report an other minor bug.

When installing beta 14, there is no automatic import of all user's settings from v6.5, as it was the case in previous beta versions.

Sorry, I can't reproduce this problem. What version of Windows you have?

Does anybody experienced similar problem with Beta 14 or previous beta?

Error messages with navigation bar

working with PTE v7.0 beta 14 / PC Asus K70IJ Win7

When selecting "show navigation bar" inside the main tab of project options, an error message pops up

and again after clicking on "customize" button another message pops up again, see the attachment...

Best regards

Daniel

I am having a problem with the Nav Bar selection in 7.0 Beta 14.

I opened a slideshow that was originally made in a previous version. I tried to change the existing Nav Bar from the Sky Style to the Video Style. When I try this, I get an error message. See attached gif.

I also notice that it does not give all the menu choices, such as the Exit icon.

Gary

I confirm this bug.

It will be fixed in Beta 15 today.

Igor,

Tonton Bruno, on 27 July 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

I would like to take the opportunity of report an other minor bug.

When installing beta 14, there is no automatic import of all user's settings from v6.5, as it was the case in previous beta versions.

Sorry, I can't reproduce this problem. What version of Windows you have?

Does anybody experienced similar problem with Beta 14 or previous beta?

This is not normally a problem with new/first installation of a release. The issue only appears when reinstalling the same version# over a previously installed version where the Users Pte Application data already exists for that version.

In the case of Tonton Bruno's beta 14 installations ... he had installed the first beta 14 release and then later installed the second beta 14 release with the converter fix issued by Aleksey.

Igor,

This is not normally a problem with new/first installation of a release. The issue only appears when reinstalling the same version# over a previously installed version where the Users Pte Application data already exists for that version.

In the case of Tonton Bruno's beta 14 installations ... he had installed the first beta 14 release and then later installed the second beta 14 release with the converter fix issued by Aleksey.

Thanks, I just reproduced this problem with Beta 14. It will be fixed in Beta 15.

Aginum,

I have checked my Beta 15 and it is ENABLED?

Have you chosen your Graphical Editor in the VIEW menu?

Right click on your image in the Image Panel and click on Edit File or key Ctrl+w.

Works for me.

Apologies - It works for JPEGs but not for MP3 files!

DG

Igor,

Please, this option (edit file) is disabled?

Hi,

I forgot activate this function for audio file. Beta 16 will unlock this feature.

Igor,I'll send you the link to the flv clip via pm

Have a good week-end.

Daniel

Thanks for the file! I think this problem should not occur any more, because in the Beta 15 we've fixid a very similar error. Please let me know if it will happen again.

Thanks for the file! I think this problem should not occur any more, because in the Beta 15 we've fixid a very similar error. Please let me know if it will happen again.

Igor I confirm that beta 15 solves the problem with this type of flv video clip, thanks

Daniel.

Done Igor !

Regards

Bernard

Thanks for sample videos!

The problem that you described here is related with color management of video players.

In PicturesToExe we don't use Windows color management for video clips. It's important to keep original colors of video clips in executable show. EXE file can be played on any PC/Mac with different settings of colors in Windows/Mac for video. To avoid different results we keep untouched colors.

On my PC I see same colors of this video in PicturesToExe and in Windows Media Player.

Probably later we will include built-in color correction for individual video clips right in PicturesToExe.

Please have a look at the examples given here.

Regards,

Xaver

Thanks

New problem, and it seems really weird to me.

Basically, when you specify an unsharp value of none (zero), many (but not all) pans in the show become jerky. Changing the unsharp value to even "1" eliminates the jerkiness in pans.

Is it possible that PTE bypasses some relevant code when unsharp is set to none?

I am using Beta 14 on an AMD Radeon HD 6570M with 1024Meg in a fast Lenovo laptop. (It says "Powered by ATI", but it DOES say "AMD")

BTW, can you tell us what actually goes on with Unsharp and the object sharpness/smoothness? I am used to the unsharp filter taking three inputs: radius, strength, and clipping. What are the values used with the Unsharp value? With the object sharpness/smoothness values? It seems to me that the Unsharp modification to the slide is much more pronounced than the sharpness/smoothness modification for the object.

FWIW, I find the Unsharp feature, in its current format, not particularly useful for my shows. It would be much better if it could at least be overridden for a particular slide (I tried to do that using sharpness/shoftness on the slide object, but it doesn't sharpen it by much).

Harold

Harold,

Thanks for your report and questions!

1. Do I understand rightly that the problem with smoothnessof pans comes when you set unsharp mask value as 0 (zero) in the Project options?

It's a interesting problem, because zero (default value for a new project) means that the unsharp mask doesn't work at all. With zero value slideshow should work as previous versions.

Please try load this project in previous version 6.5 (ignoring warning of incompatibility) and check for smoothness of pans.

Could you please upload for me this executable file? I'll check up on our PCs. (You can use www.mediafire.com and then send me PM message with a download link.)

What pixel size of these images?

2. Currently the unsharp mask can be applied for entire screen only (due to performance issues). Probably we will add unsharp mask for objects later. PicturesToExe uses a standard unsharp mask algotithm with same quality as in Photoshop. PicturesToExe allows adjust only "Amount" for the unsharp mask. "Radius" is locked to "1" and "Threshold" set to "0".

Regarding "Sharpness/shoftness" parameter for an image object. Since version 7.0 all image objects use mipmapping. More info on mipmapping here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap

This method helps to avoid shimmering and moire problems for images. In fact "Sharpness/shoftness" parameter is a correction what level of mipmapping we should choose for current moment. It's not unsharp mask or real sharpening/blurring. But this gives more sharp or more blurred picture.

Harold,

Thanks for your report and questions!

1. Do I understand rightly that the problem with smoothnessof pans comes when you set unsharp mask value as 0 (zero) in the Project options?

It's a interesting problem, because zero (default value for a new project) means that the unsharp mask doesn't work at all. With zero value slideshow should work as previous versions.

Please try load this project in previous version 6.5 (ignoring warning of incompatibility) and check for smoothness of pans.

Could you please upload for me this executable file? I'll check up on our PCs. (You can use www.mediafire.com and then send me PM message with a download link.)

What pixel size of these images?

2. Currently the unsharp mask can be applied for entire screen only (due to performance issues). Probably we will add unsharp mask for objects later. PicturesToExe uses a standard unsharp mask algotithm with same quality as in Photoshop. PicturesToExe allows adjust only "Amount" for the unsharp mask. "Radius" is locked to "1" and "Threshold" set to "0".

Regarding "Sharpness/shoftness" parameter for an image object. Since version 7.0 all image objects use mipmapping. More info on mipmapping here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap

This method helps to avoid shimmering and moire problems for images. In fact "Sharpness/shoftness" parameter is a correction what level of mipmapping we should choose for current moment. It's not unsharp mask or real sharpening/blurring. But this gives more sharp or more blurred picture.

Igor,

Thanks for your explanation of what you are doing in Unsharp processing. It was very helpful to me. I would suggest, though, that if it's easy to do, you allow it to be overridden for a particular slide even before letting it apply to particular objects -- I think that having it as a global show option makes it less useful.

Your understanding of the bug is exactly correct. This bug does seem really weird to me... the only thing I can think of is that the PTE code skips something when unsharp is set to zero that turns out to affect pans. Note that it does not seem to affect zooms.

I'm uploading both a good version and bad version of this show... I'll give you the details of what to look for in a PM once I get the upload URL's.

I haven't worked with PTE in quite a while, so I don't have 6.5 installed on my system. If you need me to try it after looking at my sample shows, I will try to download it.

H