WnSoft Forums

Problem with the server [SOLVED]

Igor

Hi,

Our server with the forum, support page and online documention didn't work past 27 hours due to a large fire in OVH's data centre in Strasbourg:

https://www.theregister.com/2021/03/10/ovh/

We apologize for this problem!

Our main website was not affected, because it's located in another location.

Thousands of servers are destroyed complety. I could recover the forum from a backup copy created 5 days ago. There is a chance that our original server was not destroyed, because it was located in SBG1 building (33% servers were destroyed in SBG1, and all servers were destroyed in SBG2 building). But OVH promissed to run SBG1 data centre only next week (with a chance of 33% to find a working server). So we decided to run the forum as soon as possible. I apologize for the lost messages during last several days. We'll reconfigure daily backups.

Thanks Igor,

very bad news for OVH and  hosted internet site owners whose data could be lost. Once again that points out the weakness of internet servers security. I hope this will not impact too much your activity and all forum members will understand this unpredictable situation.

Good luck

Daniel

Thanks, Igor, for information!

Bad news for you and for us. The labor of people is lost and the money invested in the server. But it will still take time to recover information. It is impossible to go directly to the WnSoft website and the forum from Moscow, only through the VPN server. Good luck and success to you!

• Igor changed the title to Problem with the server [SOLVED]

Interesting. I have been in a few smaller data centers. Cooling, backup power supply, and fire suppression were extremely important. Usually a large UPS battery/inverter with a large diesel generator for power backup. For automatic fire suppression a large tank of Halon or FM-200 gas so any fire would be extinguished. Some automated system must have failed or was disabled.

Tom