WnSoft Forums

Four Part Show

rosy

I am in progress on a new show called "Caring" which is the story of what I have to do for M in my capacity as official carer. Originally I was going to make a separate show for each aspect, but I've ended up with a show 40 odd minutes long which I now want to split into 4 shows. I was going to make the full show as an MP4 as it's too big for Exe files with quite a lot of video, then split it into 4 using PTE's trim facility. However there are  some tricky sound bits. How would you go about splitting it into 4?

Rosy

Hi Rosy,

If you have the project .pte file and the source media then it would be easy to separate into 4 slideshows.

If you want to split a video into 4 sections then you import 4 slides of the same video and then adjust the start and end times. You could also upload the video 4 times into YouTube and use the editor to trim the video start and stop times. Free software is available for splitting videos but for Mac I use Quicktime and for Windows I use Bandicut when I need to trim videos.

Tom

Rosy, if you cannot easily break the show into parts due to the sound changes, then you will have to edit the sound.

It is very easy in PTE to copy & paste a group of Slides into another project to make a separate show.
To copy the sound as well then you need to Link each sound clip to a Slide.
You can then maybe adjust the sound so it ends naturally or fade it out for each part.

Jill

Thanks Tom & Jill for your suggestions. 

However, I thought of another method of doing this. The sound track is in Audacity, so that is easy for me.

What I decided to do was to delete all the slides from the end of part 1, parts 2 3 & 4. Produce an MP4, then close the show without allowing the changes.

Then re-open the 4 part show, delete the slides in part 1 3 & 4 & repeat the process until I had the 4 separate shows. Then I dropped a bomb. Instead of closing part 1 from the File & Exit links, I closed it from the X link, therefore losing parts 2 3 & 4. I have the making of 2 3 & 4 in my main show file, but not the editing & tweaking.

I tried re-opening part 1 & clicking the return arrow to no avail. So now it's back to square 2, re-creating parts 2 3 & 4, separately this time.:(:(:(

Sad Rosy.

6 hours ago, rosy said:

File & Exit links, I closed it from the X link

Rosy, Closing PTE either way is exactky the same, you should get a message asking if you want to save.
If you click on 'Don't Save' then your original project should remain untouched.

Doing something like you describe it is always best to save as a new file name first & then work on that so that you still have your original.

If you have lost it all I hope you can recreate it easily.
Jill

Hi Jill

I didn't see a message when I clicked the cross top right, the show just closed as part 1 & would only open as part 1.

I have all the videos stills & YT download, I remember Ken's favourite saying, "Jesus saves". I should have made an MP4 of the full show before using my splitting method.

Lost at least 50 hours of editing etc. Ah well, back to square 2.

Cheers Rosy.

If I understand it correctly, you use a sound track from audacity which is 40 minutes long.

Open your project, go to the end of the first part (approximately 10 minutes), select the sound track and apply the "split audio clip" command.

Now go to the end of the second part (approximately 10 minutes more) and split again the audio clip.

Finally you will obtain 4 separate audio clips and you will be able to easily separate your 4 sub-projects.

Hi Tonton Bruno

Thanks for the tip. However the chances of getting the slides & clips & text in parts 2 3 & 4 in the same order as they were when they were in one piece are pretty remote. There was a lot of text & remembering what I wrote will be impossible.

Most of the sound track is background music plus the sounds from the video clips, which I still have. It's my own videos that were extensively edited that will be a pain, getting the same lengths as the originals (around 25 clips) is impossible. Thanks anyway.

Rosy.

You can attach each clip to any precise slide.

Usually I prepare great projects of 90 minutes for direct streaming. Then I cut the 90mn project int 9 or 10 shorts projects very easily, as all the clips are attached to specific slides and nothing is desynchronised.

Here a screen copy to show how audio clips are cut and attached to slides.

Capture d’écran (175).png