WnSoft Forums

А pop-up book (сomparison of creating in PTE AV 11 and in Proshow Producer using a clear example)

Aleina Show

I decided to show you another version of the book, made in PTE AV 11.

(I published this post as a pinned comment on YouTube for this video. Next is a comparison of the complexity of the creation process in 2 programs. If you are not interested, you can skip further text.)

A little background for those who don’t know. A few years ago, the technology for creating such a pop-up book was invented by Paul (stranger2156) (of blessed memory and gratitude) on his forum. This was done in Proshow Producer. Many of us are familiar with this program, and the comparison may be interesting. I am writing this post specifically for those who are interested in comparing the creation process. Paul has published a series of tutorials explaining the principles. And many different books appeared on YouTube, including mine. The process of creating the book was very painstaking and complex. This is probably why I still remember Paul's words when he was first introduced to the PTE AV program. Somewhere in his post he said that if he can repeat that book of his in this program, then the program is really worthy. Paul has created some interesting books in PTE AV, but I haven't seen him repeat the exact one he mentioned. Maybe I just don’t know something, then those who know will correct me.

So, I also wanted to repeat this book more than once, but I kept putting it off. Until I received an order to redo this project for PTE AV 11. And then I had to do it. Since everything had to be done quite quickly, I started doing it intuitively, remembering something like how we usually do books in PTE AV. Yes, I'm not a big expert in creating books, so I often got confused about the order of the pages so that they overlapped each other correctly. But nevertheless, I did everything based on intuition. This already suggests that the PTE program is easier for complex projects (books in particular).

Next, I remember how I struggled with the Proshow program when I was working on this book. The program constantly behaved unstable and crashed. I thought that my computer was to blame, but it turned out that many people had this problem. But I can’t speak for everyone, I’m only telling my subjective experience. As a result, in one project I was only able to create one slide with a 1-page spread. The work was structured in such a way that each slide was created in a new project and saved as a style. Only at the very end were all these finished slides transferred to the overall project. It was not realistic to work on editing a common project. The Proshow program simply crashed. That is why this book was presented only in a set of styles that could still be edited. Then even more complex problems arose. New versions of the Proshow program were released, but it was possible to work normally with these styles (rendering) only in the 5th portable version. New versions of the program crashed during rendering, and often while opening and editing a photo. In this regard, I completely remade my version of the book for Proshow Producer a long time ago. The project turned into a set of mask footage, the only way its functionality was preserved.

I will admit that this experience made me a little scared to do the same book in PTE AV. But I want to say that I did not encounter any of these problems. The program easily withstood the load of a large number of layers and PNG images. I made all 17 slides in one project, the program did not freeze or crash. Moreover, to each slide I also added 3 footage with masks for atmosphere. And closing the book in the PTE version turned out much more natural. So, the PTE AV program and its developers WnSoft! Once again I praise you and express my sincere gratitude! You are best! PTE AV = lots of beautiful books! PTE AV = ❤

Aleina

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

jienense, chanfi22

Thank you very much!

19 hours ago, jienense said:

Aleina, Spectacular great job!!!

Out of curiosity, how many slides have you used in the project?

16 slides. 2 introductory slides and one final slide with the closing of the book. The remaining 13 slides include 1 page turn.

• Like 1

Stunning work extremely creative and very entertaining.

I cannot imagine the time and effort to create something like this and I am in awe of your skill and creativity.

Congratulations once again and thanks for sharing.

May you enjoy many more years of audio-visual animation.

Cheers  Mark

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:16 AM, Aleina Show said:

I decided to show you another version of the book, made in PTE AV 11.

(I published this post as a pinned comment on YouTube for this video. Next is a comparison of the complexity of the creation process in 2 programs. If you are not interested, you can skip further text.)

A little background for those who don’t know. A few years ago, the technology for creating such a pop-up book was invented by Paul (stranger2156) (of blessed memory and gratitude) on his forum. This was done in Proshow Producer. Many of us are familiar with this program, and the comparison may be interesting. I am writing this post specifically for those who are interested in comparing the creation process. Paul has published a series of tutorials explaining the principles. And many different books appeared on YouTube, including mine. The process of creating the book was very painstaking and complex. This is probably why I still remember Paul's words when he was first introduced to the PTE AV program. Somewhere in his post he said that if he can repeat that book of his in this program, then the program is really worthy. Paul has created some interesting books in PTE AV, but I haven't seen him repeat the exact one he mentioned. Maybe I just don’t know something, then those who know will correct me.

So, I also wanted to repeat this book more than once, but I kept putting it off. Until I received an order to redo this project for PTE AV 11. And then I had to do it. Since everything had to be done quite quickly, I started doing it intuitively, remembering something like how we usually do books in PTE AV. Yes, I'm not a big expert in creating books, so I often got confused about the order of the pages so that they overlapped each other correctly. But nevertheless, I did everything based on intuition. This already suggests that the PTE program is easier for complex projects (books in particular).

Next, I remember how I struggled with the Proshow program when I was working on this book. The program constantly behaved unstable and crashed. I thought that my computer was to blame, but it turned out that many people had this problem. But I can’t speak for everyone, I’m only telling my subjective experience. As a result, in one project I was only able to create one slide with a 1-page spread. The work was structured in such a way that each slide was created in a new project and saved as a style. Only at the very end were all these finished slides transferred to the overall project. It was not realistic to work on editing a common project. The Proshow program simply crashed. That is why this book was presented only in a set of styles that could still be edited. Then even more complex problems arose. New versions of the Proshow program were released, but it was possible to work normally with these styles (rendering) only in the 5th portable version. New versions of the program crashed during rendering, and often while opening and editing a photo. In this regard, I completely remade my version of the book for Proshow Producer a long time ago. The project turned into a set of mask footage, the only way its functionality was preserved.

I will admit that this experience made me a little scared to do the same book in PTE AV. But I want to say that I did not encounter any of these problems. The program easily withstood the load of a large number of layers and PNG images. I made all 17 slides in one project, the program did not freeze or crash. Moreover, to each slide I also added 3 footage with masks for atmosphere. And closing the book in the PTE version turned out much more natural. So, the PTE AV program and its developers WnSoft! Once again I praise you and express my sincere gratitude! You are best! PTE AV = lots of beautiful books! PTE AV = ❤

Aleina

Originally, I was a PTE user. I switched to ProShow Producer, and, upon their demise, I came back to PTE AV Studio Pro 10 (now 11). One comment: "Wow!" I have now used Aleina's work with 6 of her templates. While I have had a learning curve to figure things out, I cannot recommend her work highly enough!!!

Not only is her artistry magnificent, but she is very communicative to help her customers/fans use her products. Every one of her templates has helped me to create a "wow," teary-eyed reaction from the recipients.

It's too bad that PTE... has such a small audience; it is a magnificent program. While I use the "Adobe Suite," there is nothing I know of the fills the niche like PTE AV Studio Pro.

Thank you, Aleina!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I am the customer she referred to in her post. Her work is great. Don't hesitate.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, canaro99 said:

Thank you, Aleina!!!!!!!!!!

Hi John,
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review about both the PTE AV Studio program and my templates!

I am glad that my creativity gave you and your loved ones emotions of joy!

And the PTE program is truly wonderful! At the moment, it is noticeably superior to all analogues. And it doesn’t stop developing. Good luck in your creativity!

Aleina

• Like 1