WnSoft Forums

Harry Potter PopUp Book

Aleina Show

Hi friends,
I'm coming to you with a new book. Christmas and New Year are ahead, my family and I usually watch the Harry Potter series of films at this time. It is these films that we always associate with the Christmas and New Year atmosphere. And I wanted to make a book on this topic. I've added the ability to edit a personal letter from Hogwarts. After all, every Potter fan will be very pleased!
Since I had more time (I spent 3 weeks on this project), I created the book from scratch. Revised and improved the concept. The result is already close to the ideal book I dream of.
In addition, I always try to make the process of editing a project easier. But due to the large number of layers, sometimes you have to search for photos in the layer tree. This problem is quickly solved using the attached style. But our forum member John Tice told me an even better way to create projects with easy photo replacement. Thank you very much, John! And I want to tell you about this method. Perhaps it will be useful to someone. The method is described in italic text.

The concept is that 2 additional folders are created in the project folder. One with the name YOUR PHOTOS. We move all the photos of the project into it, renaming them 01.jpg, 02.jpg, etc. Open the program and tell it the new location of the photo. Save. The second folder is called PROJECT PHOTO. Initially it is empty. If you just want to change the photos in the project, but find the ones you need, rename them in order 01.jpg, etc. For safety, transfer the project photos to the PROJECT PHOTO folder, and add your renamed photos to the YOUR PHOTOS folder. Important! In order for this change of photos to work correctly, you need to check the “crop” option on the layer with the photo during the creation of the project. Then the replaced photos will be applied correctly and smoothly, regardless of their size or orientation (portrait or landscape). By doing this we will not violate the intention of the author of the project.
That's all. All efforts for the author of the project consist of checking the cropping boxes for the photo, creating 2 folders, renaming the photos and moving them to the desired folder. After the program confirms the new path and file names, the project is ready to work with easy replacement of photos in the folder. In order to edit a project, a person will only need to select photos in jpg format, rename them and replace the original photos of the project with them. For those who ask about the need to create 2 new folders, I will immediately answer that it is simply a matter of convenience.

So, for those who haven’t read the italic text and are wondering whether it’s easy to change photos in a project, I answer: Easy! You will only need to select photos in jpg format (with the approximate location of the object in the center), rename them 01-14.jpg, and replace them with the original photos of the project in the folder. I plan to remake all my projects for such easy editing, as I highly value ease of use!
I wish you happy holidays!

• Like 9

Well done, Aleina!!! I highly recommend Aleina's work. I've purchased a number of her templates and have given the final product to friends and family. The recipients actually think I'm some kind of artistic genius (:D). I'm using one to "torture" friends for Christmas instead of the long, "this year we...." form letter (actually, I could never send one of those).

Aleina, I'll send you an email today to arrange immediate payment.

Merry Christmas!

John

• Like 1

One other quick note about Aleina's replacement system: I find it easier to note if the photos are portrait (vertical) or horizontal (landscape). While not mandatory, it makes my work easier (IMN2BHO)

John

• Like 1

John, thank you very much for your feedback and for your valuable tips! Your help makes my projects better!

Well, about the position of the photographs. This is not important in this project for correct operation, since any photos will be automatically cropped to the desired result. What is important here is only the approximate location of the person or face in the center of the photo. Examples of replacing different photos in screenshots.

But for a better understanding of the choice of angle in photographs, this information may be useful. In this project, all example photographs are portrait-oriented (vertical).

explorer_upuMrldBTi.jpg

PTEAVStudio_azv9zj2PXO.jpg

PTEAVStudio_bXUmm0clOU.jpg

PTEAVStudio_fqmXqv03cM.jpg

PTEAVStudio_VN9HvCpVcO.jpg

2 hours ago, Aleina Show said:

John, thank you very much for your feedback and for your valuable tips! Your help makes my projects better!

Well, about the position of the photographs. This is not important in this project for correct operation, since any photos will be automatically cropped to the desired result. What is important here is only the approximate location of the person or face in the center of the photo. Examples of replacing different photos in screenshots.

But for a better understanding of the choice of angle in photographs, this information may be useful. In this project, all example photographs are portrait-oriented (vertical).

explorer_upuMrldBTi.jpg

PTEAVStudio_azv9zj2PXO.jpg

PTEAVStudio_bXUmm0clOU.jpg

PTEAVStudio_fqmXqv03cM.jpg

PTEAVStudio_VN9HvCpVcO.jpg

Thinking about it, I agree with you. Great post on the topic.

Seven of my 14 grandkids are waiting for their Christmas greetings: Harry Potter for the boys and Nutcracker for the girls. The parents of my two great-grandsons are getting the "Little Boy" show. This is great! No problems with sizes, colors, or returns. Now, what is Santa bringing me?

Aleina is a pleasure to work with.

vbl2007, canaro99,

Thank you, dear friends!

canaro99,

On 12/20/2023 at 3:07 AM, canaro99 said:

Seven of my 14 grandkids are waiting for their Christmas greetings: Harry Potter for the boys and Nutcracker for the girls. The parents of my two great-grandsons are getting the "Little Boy" show. This is great! No problems with sizes, colors, or returns. Now, what is Santa bringing me?

Aleina is a pleasure to work with.

John, I sincerely thank you! I had the pleasure of watching almost all the congratulatory videos for your grandchildren and I will say that they are very beautiful! I really love videos with real photos, they are so heartwarming!

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!

Aleina

I've now made 11 shows for grandkids and great-greatkids for Christmas using Aleina's templates. If you'd like to see the results with "non-models," please feel free to take a look.

It's not always easy at first, but the family reaction is well worth the effort.

Merry Christmas everyone!

A couple of Christmas shows with Aleina's templates.

• Thanks 2

On 12/23/2023 at 10:48 AM, Aleina Show said:

vbl2007, canaro99,

Thank you, dear friends!

canaro99,

John, I sincerely thank you! I had the pleasure of watching almost all the congratulatory videos for your grandchildren and I will say that they are very beautiful! I really love videos with real photos, they are so heartwarming!

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!

Aleina

Thank you, Aleina. Hearing the excited reactions from both the grandkids and their parents was well worth the effort!!

• Like 1

Hello Aleina and congratulations for this wonderful HArry Potter show.

In the top of your coment you said :"In addition, I always try to make the process of editing a project easier. But due to the large number of layers, sometimes you have to search for photos in the layer tree. This problem is quickly solved using the attached style".

Where could I find the "attached style" ?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hello!

Thanks for your feedback!
The style is included if you purchase the project. This is done for editing variability. Some people prefer to edit the contents of the project, and those who find it difficult can use a style or replace photos in a folder.

Aleina