jkb
Advanced Members-
Posts
2,065 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
38
Everything posted by jkb
-
If you are working with raw files, then just save the PSD file & make any extra changes you need on that. You then create a new jpg each time (over writing the old if need be). That way you never need to open & resave a jpg As Dave says use Save For Web, you will get better quality for a smaller file size I have never used Lightroom, I always worked in PS, but now do everything in PTE unless I need a complicated detailed Mask Jill
-
PTE does not resave the file. therefore the quality does not change. It is only if you open & resave that th quality would change as it is a lossy process. PTE just links to files and all changes are Virtual within the Program Jill
-
I have checked out the PSD support & yes it does show PSD files in the FileList & they can be added to the SlideList. But they do take a long time to display the thumbnail in Filelist as they are so large. As I now do all of my editing in PTE I no longer use Photoshop or other programs that create PSD Files. All of my PSD files are very old, but they do work. However I cannot see any advantage in using them, they are very large files & it only shows the visible image rather than individual layers. Creating a jpg from the PSD is very easy & produces a much smaller file size which is much quicker to load & use within PTE. I will stick with jpgs & doing my editing within PTE. Jill
-
It is much better to do this manually so that the Slides fit the Tempo of the Music. In Timeline View, you will see that each Slide has a grey bar above it. This is the duration of the Transition. The White portion is the static Time on Screen. By looking at the Waveform you can see the peaks & troughs of the Music. Just drag each Slide to correspond by clicking on the thumbnail & adjust the Transition Duration to fit the images by dragging the edge of the Grey bar to lengthen or shorten the Transition. This will give a much better & more pleasing result than any automation could. And you could also adjust the length of the Music if it is too long or short. Jill
-
If you mean you want the movement to appear as though it is going into the picture then you need to use Pan Z. Jill
-
Enhance Your Videos with PTE Video Optimiser (YouTube)
jkb replied to Igor's topic in PTE Video Optimiser
Malcolm, The discount expired a long time ago, it was only if you bought it pre final release. PTE already produces optimised file sizes, so running a MP4 created in PTE through Optimiser won't really reduce the file size. At least I don't think it would. But if your MP4 has been created by another program, then it may reduce the size. But I think PTE would also. This is my understanding, if Igor can say otherwise then I stand corrected. Jill -
Lots of features have been added over the years at users requests. If it was easy to add the Zooming in for O&A then it would have been done. So it may not be easy to add. WnSoft are a very small company with limited resources & PTE is continually being developed. Other changes are constantly being worked on & will appear when ready, Jill
-
Easy use a Modifier - Pan Z Oscillation & set the number of repeats to what you want. Jill
-
Have you got Full Duration and/or Scale KeyFrames on Time Change Ticked. If so then if you move a Slide to a different position the Time will change. Best to untick Full Duration in Settings/Preferences/Project Jill
-
Is drive D a Physical drive on your computer? Is it connected via USB - if yes then try disconnecting & reconnecting Does it have enough free space? Can you create an exe on the same drive? Try a different Drive & see if it will create I cannot see anything wrong with your settings. Jill
-
for some reason I cannot see your images - it says Content Not Viewable in your Region. If you are wanting the Text to have a 'Stroke' Effect then use Ring Shadow. This works quite well Jill
-
The original Post was from last Thursday. Everything has been working fine since then. Jill
-
Thanks for all your hard work to keep the Forum Running. It is much appreciated Jill
-
'Wait for key press' will only work in an EXE file. With an MP4 if you use VLC Player as the Default Player then Spacebar will pause the show. When you press it again the show will restart. It will stop at the point you press Spacebar, if this is in the middle of a Slide then when you press Spacebar again you will have to wait for the Duration of that Slide before the next Slide will Show. Jill
-
The Spacebar Pauses & Restarts a Show. Are you making an Exe or an MP4? If an MP4 then it depends what software you use to play it. VLC Player will Pause on Spacebar. If you want the show to automatically stop after each Slide then you need to use the Right Arrow Key on your Keyboard to move onto the next Slide. You need to Set Project Options to Wait For Keypress to show next Slide. This will only work with an Exe Which Version of PTE are you using as your initial question was last year? Jill
-
Denis, your example project worked fine for me including the Custom Transition. A Template would work just as well & I wouldn't need to unzip. I could just place it in my Templates Folder - so much easier. Jill
-
I always use Templates never Zip files. The main reason is that I can easily see all my Projects within PTE - File/Templates - they all show I have the same Template folder structure on my Laptop & Desktop & backup disks, so I can easily copy the new Template from one PC to the other & everything works. With Zip you take up twice the storage as you have to unzip to use it. With Templates you find the Files within PTE & don't have to remember where you stored them. Jill
-
ok I understand. This is why I always leave all of my files in their original Folders & it is only any new files specific to a particular AV that I store in new Folder. When creating a backup copy to keep safe I Create a Template & store that on an external drive & also store the Folder for that AV as well. Also when copying to a different computer. If I need to change anything in the future I can easily open the Template from within PTE. Also almost all of my editing is done within PTE I rarely use any other software. So changes are easy to make. If I do use other software then I would store those amended files in the same AV Folder. A Template or backup zip is simply a way of keeping the files for the finished project 'just in case' I realise that everyone works in different ways. Jill
-
I agree I wouldn't want a complex structure. But what would be good is if Duplicates could incorporate the Folder name instead of just Pic1, Pic2 etc. If it said Folder1-Pic1 & Folder2-Pic1 that would help to identify where the duplicates are located. Jill
-
A Backup Zip is simply that - A Backup Not something you are meant to keep working on. If you need to change anything work with your original Project & make any changes there. It is the same with A Template which I use for every Project, but only once it is complete. If I make changes then I make a new Template, sometimes overwriting the first one, sometimes giving it a new name & then deleting the first.. Jill
-
V12 was released several weeks ago, it will run alongside V11 Your file path says OneDrive which is cloud storage, make sure that you are online & connected. 3GB is a large file, I can't remember if V11 could handle that file size, I know V12 can. Jill
-
several people seem to be having this issue recently & the problem is usually because they have changed the Folder where the Styles are held. Check in Files/Templates/Manage Templates that the Folder Structure for Styles is the same as it was in V9.22 I never use Styles myself so haven't experienced the problem first hand. Jill
-
is the other drive actually connected? Is it Cloud storage or a physical drive? Jill
-
Which Version of PTE are you using & are you Windows or Mac? Where are you trying to save it to? If a Flash Drive make sure it is big enough. Better to save to your computer Hard Drive first & then copy to the Flash drive afterwards. Make sure you are not trying to save to a drive that is not connected, such as external or Cloud storage. Other than that I am not sure why it would stay at 0% Jill
-
Glad that solved your problem Shirley. Jill