jkb
Advanced Members-
Posts
2,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
38
Everything posted by jkb
-
I have just tried again & both Alt+R & the Menu option both work. I have tested it several times, Selecting all sides or just a few. It is only the Left hand Alt key that works, the Right Alt GR key does not work. Jill
-
I tested in 12.0.1 & then I have just downloaded 12.0.2 & it works fine in both versions. Check your version - Help/About If you are on 12.0.2 & it isn't working then re-download from the WnSoft website & re-install. You won't lose any work by re-installing. Jill
-
Yes the Forum is to report issues. But I do not think this is a Bug, it has always worked this way. Once you start the Playback, you have to Click again (or Press Spacebar) to stop it. If you Play in Fullscreen, then you need to Press Esc to stop Playback. Jill
-
I agree, it does what you show. But I never click the Play Button. I always just click in the mini Preview window - Left Click to play in that window, or Right Click to Play Fullscreen. You need to Click the Preview Window again or Press the Spacebar to stop play. It was the same in PTE11 & PTE10. But it is not something I have ever really been aware of & it has most likely always worked this way in all the previous versions. I have been using PTE since V3. Jill
-
Glad you have solved it. Problems like that are always tricky. Jill
-
What type of sound files are you using - Mp3, Wav, Ogg ? Have you tried a new Project with just 1 Slide & that sound file? It must be something to do with the actual file if you have tried both 11 & 12. Does the original sound file play ok in other Programs? Jill
-
Wait for Keypress gives confusing results [SOLVED]
jkb replied to Mike-PDX's topic in Troubleshooting
If using VLC Player to run the MP4 you can press the Spacebar to pause the show, then press it again to resume. Jill -
This is something that has been asked for, but currently not possible, I have the same problem with eyesight. One option if you work with 2 monitors is to drag the window out across both monitors. This does help a bit. Using the arrow keys to tab between the KeyFrames can also be useful, rather than trying to drag with the mouse. Jill
-
O&A is Objects and Animation It where you can do anything and everything within PTE. Jill
-
Only if you want to use the exact same thing again. Jill
-
I have now had a chance to play with Blend Modes. As I no longer use Photoshop & do all of my image editing within PTE, this opens up so many new creative possibilities. Thank you so much for this great new feature. PTE just gets better & better. Jill
-
Although I never use Slide Styles, as I understand it - If your Slide Style needs 4 images that appear in a certain order, then if you number the images 1, 2, 3, 4 then they will appear in that order. If you don't use or create Slide Styles, then don't worry about it. Jill
-
Thank You Igor. I look forward to testing this later Jill
-
yes you can open old shows made with an earlier version of PTE in the current version - as long as you have the .pte file. Or just download the older PTE from the website if you want to stay with the same version it was made with. If you only have the exe or MP4 then no. Jill
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
It is very easy to use, much easier than DR. Have you checked out Igor's video here Jill
-
Have you downloaded the latest version. Are you clicking on the correct icon for the new version. Both your old PTE7 and all other versions will run side by side. Jill
-
Igor said the prices will remain the same as V11. So if you are going from V11 pro to V12 pro it will be $49 If you are going from V11 Studio to V12 Pro it will be $75 Don't know what it will be if you are going from an earlier version, you may have to pay the full price Jill
-
How to move an extracted audio clip to another track?
jkb replied to goddi's topic in General Discussion
Hi Dave, Thanks. I know several of the Hotkeys, but there are so many options it is difficult to remember them all. I knew there was a Shift+Left Click to Constrain Vertically but I see that is for a KeyPoint. I think these two would be better swapped over Shift + Left Mouse Click on a Key Point- Constrain movement of Keypoint to Vertical Plane It would be better if we could keep the Volume level but move the Keypoint horizontally - So constrain the movement horizontally Trying to get 2 KeyPoints to have the same Volume level is tricky, even when the Track height has been maximised. Shift + Left Mouse Click on an Audio Track- Constrain movement of Track to Horizontal Plane This would be better if we could Constrain the position of the Sound clip and just move it to a different Track - So Constrain it Vertically Jill -
How to move an extracted audio clip to another track?
jkb replied to goddi's topic in General Discussion
Double Click so that the Audio Tab of Project Options opens. That clip should be highlighted. Drag it down to the Track you want, if there are already preceding clips on that track then make sure you slot it into the correct place. So if there are 3 clips in front then drag it into 4th place on that track. You are supposed to be able to hold down Shift & drag in Timleline to keep the position but I have never managed to get that to work. The other method is to note the time it starts, in the box just above the Timeline, then drag & make sure the Time is the same by adjusting it if necessary. Jill -
This is so easy to do in PTE. I should have added that most of the time I just do video straight in the timeline. Add your video as a Slide. Drag the play head to where you want it start. Right click and select trim beginning of video. Then drag the play head to where you want it to end and drop your next slide or video at that point. If this is your last slide then just add a Blank. Very quick and easy. To join lots of clips together just do the same. Simply add to the Timeline in the order you want. No need to physically join them first. I only use the trim in O&A when I want to adjust the speed. No need for any external programs. Jill
-
I have never had a problem with this. But then I normally set my Slide Duration first to match the Music/Voice & then Trim the video to fit that Duration. I will adjust the speed of the video to match the Duration. Obviously I wouldn't do this if I needed Lip Sync, but I very rarely have a video with speech on it. I guess it depends how you work, but I am very happy with the way it works now. Jill
-
Lock slide to section of audio track -- is it possible?
jkb replied to mhwarner's topic in General Discussion
Hi Mary, I think what you suggest is the only way. Split the audio and link it to the specific slides. But every time you add in extra slides (or remove slides) that portion of the audio will shift. Unless you add/remove in Timeline View, which can be tricky. Something you could try is to maybe copy a section of Slides that you are looking at changing to a new project and play with it there. Then once happy copy those slides back to your main project. It is not going to be easy whichever way you do it. This is why I almost always build up my projects and sounds one step at a time, making sure I am happy before adding the next section. Good luck Jill -
Right Click & Select Mute or use CTRL+M Jill
-
I now realise that you are wanting to create a Custom Transition, this wasn't obvious from your post. It is not something I ever do as to me every 2 Slide combination is unique & Transition Duration would not apply to another 2 Slide combination. Jill
-
You can create Transitions of any length you want. Just make sure that the Slide Duration is longer than the Transition Time. You can set the Default Transition & Slide Duration in Project Options. You can Change it in Slide Options, or by Clicking the Times shown on the actual Slide in SlideList View. But I find the easiest way is in Timeline. Simply drag the Slide to extend/Shorten it's Duration & Drag the Grey Bar above the Slide to adjust the Transition. Jill