WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 15

Igor

I appreciate it must be very difficult to come up with a word or two that can convery what the tool or option does and if we took a poll I am sure forum members could add many preferences. In relation to the sound editing I wonder if Cut from Start would be a better choice than Start Time and Cut from End better than Duration. Offset could be come Add Silence at start. Perhaps as PTE is now becoming more advanced tool tips should be considered too. Having said this I do also appreciate that the sound controls in 6.5 may have a limited shelf life and therefore this may be a wasted excersize. Tool tips though can be quite useful even to those who are more familiar with the software.

On another point, I wonder if an issue I came across this weekend is something odd on my laptop or others have found the same problem. I did a couple of demos at the 2010 PSQ convention over the past weekend, which is the Photographic Societies of Queensland. I had files pre-prepared for the demo I did on PTE and thought I would use PTE 6.5 beta 7, so current users could see the sound editing. I don't usually use a laptop for demos, but I had to at this event to fit in with many lectures throughout the day. As the laptop only had one drive I located the files I prepared in advance in Desktop>public>2010demo

When I went to locate the files from within PTE Nothing would show in the file tree apart from the desktop icon. Although there was a little plus sign beside the desktop icon it would not expand to allow me to get to any of the folders or files there. I thought it was a proplem with 6.5 and opened version 6, but that was the same. I quickly had to copy the files via Explorer onto the C drive to get at them.

Is this some peculiarity on my laptop or something within PTE?

Any ideas

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quickly added a template folder to my Vista Laptop Desktop as a trial and was able to get right down into the folder to see all files (beta 7).

DG

P.S. Sorry, can't agree with your suggestions - they make perfect sense the way they are. Tools tips are a GREAT idea. I'll second that.

Hi Barry,

I hear what you are saying regarding button titles and have some sympathy with your thoughts, however I think you have also provided the solution that should answer all opinions as to the correct form of wording and that surely is your idea of tool tips.

John

Ken

Well, its not quite so simple as that is it. Does that mean because people on Google want to turn them off they should not be included.

Tool tips are very good when your learning a new bit of software and the tip can remind you what the tool does, but they have to be switchable on/off like in Photoshop, because once you become experienced with software they are not required and I agree they can become an annoyance.

I come into contact with a lot of new users of PTE, probably far more than most and what must be remembered is the newer user often finds great difficulty in what you and I find easy. Its only familiarity of course and they will understand in time, but I also get a lot of people tell me they use PSG because they were able to get into it easier.

Its generally not the readers of this forum that need tool tips and many said they didn't even want sound editing, but the newer user does and they want to be able to find their way around their new, or trial software as easy as possible.

Peter,

Whilst trying to set up some screenshots for yachtsman1 I found a bug in the Project Options|Music tab. The up/down arrow buttons on the scroll bar do not function - but the scroll bar does: it can be dragged up and down. Also, if you click in the space between the scroll bar and the up/down button there is hardly any movement of the track list display.

Thank you! It will be fixed in Beta 8.

Dominique,

I have an error message when running an exe.

Attached Image

Each time I run the exe, the error happens at the beginning of the 4th slide.

I started the project with v6.5 beta 5.

But the same problem occurs with v6.5 beta 7.

The problem doesn't happen when I watch the project in Preview mode.

Thanks, we've fixed it for the next Beta 8.

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 8 is available

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Changes in this beta:

+ You can choose and save default font for new text objects. See "Save and Use by Default" link in Properties tab of Text object in the Objects and animation editor.

+ Improved smoothness/fluidity of animation on a slide with large PNG, GIF or BMP images.

* Fixed bug (Beta 5-7) in the floating window with properties of a selected audio clip. A sound "click" might occur at the beginning of playback.

* An error message "A component named MusicPlayerFrame already exists" might appear in the Project options window | Music tab (Beta 7).

* The up/down arrow buttons on the scroll bar in the Project options | Music tab did not function (Beta 1-7).

* Fixed problem with some text object in an executable slideshow. An error message appeared during a show.

* Fixed bug with preview of text comments in the Project options. It didn't display underline font style in preview area.

* Minor improvements in text renderer.

+ You can choose and save default font for new text objects. See "Save and Use by Default" link in Properties tab of Text object in the Objects and animation editor.

Excellent improvement, very useful.

* Fixed problem with some text object in an executable slideshow. An error message appeared during a show.

Igor, I confirm the problem is now fixed, thanks. :)

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 8 is available

Changes in this beta:

Thank you! That will save many keystrokes!

Dick

* The up/down arrow buttons on the scroll bar in the Project options | Music tab did not function (Beta 1-7)

Igor,

I confirm this now works as expected on the sequence that highlighted the problem. Thank you for the quick resolution of the problem.

regards,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Igor,

Back in March 2010, I brought up the problem of not being able to input a filename in the Output Folder window just before starting the Convert process in 'Create HD Video for PC and Mac' process. You stated that it would be taken care of in the upcoming versions. If I am not mistaken, it has not. When a filename is put in the box, the Create process will go through, but in the end, the file does not get created. Actually, nothing shows up. Will this problem be addressed?

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11499&st=0&p=74464&hl=+output%20+folder&fromsearch=1entry74464

Gary

Igor,

Thanks. It really will be a useful fix. When creating different outputs with different filenames from the same source file, it will reduce the confusion and save time to be able to name each file before it is created.

Sincerely, Gary

===========================

Gary,

Currently it's output folder path - not a filename. Because of this it didn't worked.

Your suggestion in my TODO list.

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 9 is available

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Changes in this beta:

* The program didn't remeber style of waveform (mixed or stereo) in some cases.

> Improvements and changes in VideoBuilder:

- Ability to set custom filename for H.264 MP4 video file (PC/Mac).

* Improved compatibility of VideoBuilder with DVD writers. It should solve problems with DVD burning on some PCs.

* A bug with entering of custom width/height values for video in PC/Mac preset.

P.S. We're still working on repairing of Vimeo output.

P.P.S. Next beta will include major improvement for advanced audio editing.

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 9 is available

* A bug with entering of custom width/height values for video in PC/Mac preset.

Igor,

You have cured this bug but seem to have created another one!

I am now not able to convert or save an MP4 file. When I click on 'Convert' I het this exception error: post-925-077345300 1277895959_thumb.jpg

What is the solutiuon please?

Ron

update June 30th.

I have now cured this problem by re-installing Beta 9.

Ronnie,

After seeing your post, I gave it a try. However, I did not receive any error message. I tried to Create with a standard preset and had no problem. I then tried a Custom setting, and again, no problem. This does not help your problem but just to let you know that it did work when I tried it. Let us know exactly what you put in as a Custom setting and I can give it a try, in case you think that might help narrow down the problem.

Gary

Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window.

Using PTE 6.5 - Beta 8

When I switch from one project to another (File/Open) I sometimes get this error message. It seems to be when switching to a new project without making modifications to the previous one. Both .pte files are in the same folder.post-6868-046839700 1277906195_thumb.jpg

Not a serious problem and it is Beta software.

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff,

I am pretty sure I got the same error message when I inadvertently tried to open a PTE file that was saved as a Beta 8 but was opened in the earlier version, 6.0. Yesterday,I dumped the 6.0 version so I can not confirm this at this point.

Gary

=================

Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window.

Using PTE 6.5 - Beta 8

When I switch from one project to another (File/Open) I sometimes get this error message. It seems to be when switching to a new project without making modifications to the previous one. Both .pte files are in the same folder.post-6868-046839700 1277906195_thumb.jpg

Not a serious problem and it is Beta software.

Regards,

Jeff