PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 15

Igor

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Igor,

Works perfectly!

This is fantastic - now if you could just replace the current timeline audio waveform with this envelope so it would be possible to see the video preview simultaneous with using this envelope, the only remaining task would be to have independent waveform control over left and right channels and PTE would be miles ahead of the competition in audio.

Best regards,

Lin

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 10 is available

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.co...stoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Changes in this beta:

+ Envelope Tool and Waveform for a selected audio clip (Project options | Music tab or Sound comment).

* Fixed an old bug (v5.5-v6.5 Beta 9) in the main window of PicturesToExe which caused "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window" error message.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-9) with a wrong text color in a preview of Text comments tab, Project options.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-9) with a wrong start time of an audio clip when it's edited (Start time and Offset). For more details: http://www.picturest...indpost&p=77626

! Removed support of Vimeo uploads. Vimeo doesn't accept direct uploads from slideshow software anymore. You can upload shows manually through their website.

Thanks Igor,

That's fixed it.

I don't wish to sound ungrateful but will it ever be possible to show simultaneously, more than one track wave forms? Even if that were possible for two or three selected tracks at a time I think that would be quite helpful.

In any event what you have given us is a wonderful enhancement to this great package. Thank you and the team.

John

PS I see you have fixed the colour issue too.

I must go off on holiday more often. It makes coming home much more exciting!

John,

This will be done within the main timeline which we plan to rework in the nearest version(s).

For version 6.5 we've finished our work.

There will be only several small improvements for the floating waveform window.

Igor

While doing some practical work today using Bets 10 a couple of issues came to me, not faults, just ideas.

I was adding a sound comment (Commentary) to individual images on the slide list and got frustrated that I had to select the sound comment and then OK the Audio Clip Properties Window for every clip I added .Does that need to be the case and wouldn't it be better ( if possible) for the Audio Clip Properties to be either called up when needed. ( I doubt when adding sound like this we would want it every time) or perhaps it could float on screen and not have to be clicked every time a sound comment is added to a slide.

I also needed to add text to a number of images in the Objects and Animation screen and found it frustrating that I have to select the properties tab to add the text and select the colour, but then have to move to the Common tab to remove the drop shadow, which I didn't want. Shouldn't the shadow controls be repeated in the properties tab for when we use text.

This issue is probably down to me, but I am not sure

I am using Windows 7 on a new PC running 64 bit. I also use a Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet. When working in the Objects and animation screen today I wanted to lose the green bounding box around the edge of the image and did what I always do. I clicked into the grey area. However, on this occasion it took me from the current OA screen/image the the preceding one. Another click took me back another image and so on.

I have diabled the flicks in Windows, but it still jumps to the preceding image. On checking my older PC, using Vista and the same graphics tablet all is fine, which leeds me to belive that it is a setting somewhere.

Does anyone have a similer setup and can try and repeat this.

Igor

More practical work done today with the Envelope tool adding commentary and adjusting the music volume. I found it frustrating that every time I went back into the Envelope tool the magnification I needed to apply the settings in the first instance were reset and I had to enlarge the wave form and locate the area I was working again and again.

In the practical world we will need to go back and forth to get things right and I think the magnification should remain until the user decides to change it.

Another improvement on what is a GREAT tool would be to be able to set the PLAY cursor (the RED line) back to the beginning with a REWIND button.

At present the only way I can see of doing it is to zoom the WAVEFORM to minimum and drag the red line manually?

DG

Barry,

I was adding a sound comment (Commentary) to individual images on the slide list and got frustrated that I had to select the sound comment and then OK the Audio Clip Properties Window for every clip I added .Does that need to be the case and wouldn't it be better ( if possible) for the Audio Clip Properties to be either called up when needed. ( I doubt when adding sound like this we would want it every time) or perhaps it could float on screen and not have to be clicked every time a sound comment is added to a slide.
Well, I'll try simplify this place.
I also needed to add text to a number of images in the Objects and Animation screen and found it frustrating that I have to select the properties tab to add the text and select the colour, but then have to move to the Common tab to remove the drop shadow, which I didn't want. Shouldn't the shadow controls be repeated in the properties tab for when we use text.
Probably it better copy first text object and then paste to other slides? It will be a fastest solution, I think.

I am using Windows 7 on a new PC running 64 bit. I also use a Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet. When working in the Objects and animation screen today I wanted to lose the green bounding box around the edge of the image and did what I always do. I clicked into the grey area. However, on this occasion it took me from the current OA screen/image the the preceding one. Another click took me back another image and so on.

I have diabled the flicks in Windows, but it still jumps to the preceding image. On checking my older PC, using Vista and the same graphics tablet all is fine, which leeds me to belive that it is a setting somewhere.

I've recieved similar report from another user two months ago. He also has Wacom tablet. We can't reproduce this issue, so I see only one variant - purchasing of this device. However it's a very strange problem.
More practical work done today with the Envelope tool adding commentary and adjusting the music volume. I found it frustrating that every time I went back into the Envelope tool the magnification I needed to apply the settings in the first instance were reset and I had to enlarge the wave form and locate the area I was working again and again.

In the practical world we will need to go back and forth to get things right and I think the magnification should remain until the user decides to change it.

We plan rework the main timeline in the nearest version(s). Once it done you will able see all waveforms on one timeline.

Dave,

Another improvement on what is a GREAT tool would be to be able to set the PLAY cursor (the RED line) back to the beginning with a REWIND button.

At present the only way I can see of doing it is to zoom the WAVEFORM to minimum and drag the red line manually?

In the next Beta 11 we will add hot keys Home/End to rewind into beginning or at end of the audio file. Also you will able quickly rewind by clicking on time position label ("4:54").

Mac Users Please help

Our Camera Club uses remote judging and I record the judges comments and put the results into a simple PTE slide show.

I did that this month using PTE Beta 10 and put a Mac and a PC version up on Media Fire for club members. One guy using a Mac book pro. 2.4 ghz. 4 gb ram. Mac osx snow leopard reported that neither of the two Mac versions I posted worked for him.

I quickly made a second small 3 image test using PTE 6 and he reported that this DID work for him as did my There is no such thing as the Perfect Exposure Mac show made with PTE6.

I have put two small demos on media Fire for Macs, can Mac users out there please try them and report back on how they play, just in case I have discovered a small bug.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mn2dcew2jtl/mactest.zip

It may be a silly suggestion, but I had a similar situation. I KNEW I had the latest drivers for my bamboo tablet, until I double checked. Installing (or perhaps reinstalling?) the latest driver solved my problem.

JudyKay

Thanks for the response, but as a new computer and 64 bit I didn't install the drivers I originally got on disk, I went to www.wacom.de and downloaded the latest drivers. I also did re-install them just in case installing some of my other software interferred with the Wacom. The thing is I have been using Wacom tablets for maybe 15 years and one thing about them, for me anyway, is they have always been faultless

However, I have tried to recreate the fault today and find I cannot. Computers, they certainly know how to give the runaround

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 11 is available

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Changes in this beta:

+ You can choose and save default settings for new Image objects. See "Save and Use by Default" link in Properties tab of Image object.

+ Various improvements in the floating window with waveform for an audio clip.

+ You can disable show of the window with sound properties after adding of a new sound file to a slide. See the option "Show this window after adding of a new file".

P.S. "Save and Use by Default" option for Image objects is a easy way to set by default mipmapping or border (frame) around all new photos.

One very small, cosmetic point: In the Waveform and Envelope window, after pressing the button to "Show properties of this audio clip", the button's ToolTip does not change. It should, perhaps, change to "Hide properties of this audio clip".

regards,

Peter

One very small, cosmetic point: In the Waveform and Envelope window, after pressing the button to "Show properties of this audio clip", the button's ToolTip does not change. It should, perhaps, change to "Hide properties of this audio clip".

Peter,

I can change it to "Show/hide properties of this audio clip"?

In Waveform and Envelope Tool , options of "Apply Envelope" and "Guide Lines" Do not work please solve them.

Both functions should work. Probably you don't see any difference because didn't add keypoints for sound volume?

Hello Igor,

I have noticed that in the main timeline view the thin blue line that used to appear above the scale indicating the point between each clip of sound no longer appears. I, for one, found this helpful. I suspect now that we are getting into more complex sound options this will become more useful. Can it be reinstated?

I can foresee how there may be problems with this now that we have multiple tracks and crossovers to contend with. I am sure this is all going to be addressed differently when you provide full slide/sound integration down the line but even if we can have some indication I think it would be helpful.

Regards

John

Hello Igor,

I have noticed that in the main timeline view the thin blue line that used to appear above the scale indicating the point between each clip of sound no longer appears. I, for one, found this helpful. I suspect now that we are getting into more complex sound options this will become more useful. Can it be reinstated? .....

Regards

John

=========================

Igor, And while you are at it, please make it bolder or larger. I made this suggestion a long time ago because when you have many different music tracks, and you try to scroll to find where the beginning of any particular one is, it is too easy to miss the thin blue lines. Great opportunity to make it more visible.

Thanks... Gary

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 12 is available

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Changes in this beta:

+ Added Undo/Redo to the Envelope tool with waveform.

+ Various visual improvements.

* Fixed bug of previous Beta 11 where created executables for Mac didn't play.

* Fixed old visual bug (v5.6 - v6.5 Beta 11) with Mask object which used colored mask image instead of grayscale.

Igor,

When installing the last two Betas (11 and 12) the last part asks if it should take the registration details from Beta 9 on both occasions.

I would normally expect it to refer to the previously installed Beta i.e. 10 or 11. I have done nothing different to all previous Betas.

Anything to worry about?

DG