WnSoft Forums

1024*768

Barry Beckham

I need a concensus of opinion on the above format. I think it is time I thought about recording my videos in 16:9 format and that will mean producing the menus system too, but anyone runing a screen resolution less than the one I choose will not see things displayed correctly.

So the question is this, if I chose to use 1280*720 How many formum members are currently using a monitor at a resolution below this size. I think forum members will be fairly typical of who I aim my tutorials at, so your feedback on this will be appreciated.

I need a consensus of opinion on the above format. I think it is time I thought about recording my videos in 16:9 format and that will mean producing the menus system too, but anyone running a screen resolution less than the one I choose will not see things displayed correctly.

So the question is this, if I chose to use 1280*720 How many forum members are currently using a monitor at a resolution below this size. I think forum members will be fairly typical of who I aim my tutorials at, so your feedback on this will be appreciated.

Perhaps if forum members just said what screen sizes they use you would get an idea of what is most common - if indeed there is a more or less common size.

I have two screens, one on my laptop is 1680 x 1050 (16:10) and the other on my desktop is 1920 x 1080 (16:9). A complication for me is the club projector is an older 1024 x 768 (4:3), but it seems to resize down quite well so it's not a problem to show higher spec shows.

Regards,

Colin

Thanks for the replies, I sort of guessed that we had now left 1024*768 behind, but wasn't sure.

Now I have to see if there is any benefit from increasing the video size. One thing I do like is AVI's its like watching the actual screen, the quality is so good, but the file sizes are through the roof.

Hi Barry

A little behind the times here in WA so have only just seen the topic, desktop monitors are 2500x1600 & 1920x1200 but sequences downsize just fine for the club projector.

Regards

John

Barry -

My web machine is @ 1200 x 1600 - my work station is @ 1920 x 1200.

Greg