WnSoft Forums

Curling

MUR

Hi Mur,

PTE doesn't have a "style" yet which creates a page curl for a slide, but you could create one yourself if you wished. Until then, I would suggest PanosFX at http://www.panosfx.com which has a free photoshop/elements action which can create one for any image.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Mur,

My internet is down - has been for over 5 hours so I'm at a wifi connect in a town nearby. The "easiest" way to get a page curl for a slide is to use a screen capture tool and run the slide transition and capture the image. Save the image with the curl then you can play it (them) back as desired. There really is no way with the present animation capabilities of PTE to create a page curl in O&A so not really feasible to try to create a style. On the other hand it's really easy to capture one from the transition. Just set a reasonably long transition time, adjust the parameters as you like for the curl and capture it at your highest screen resolution.

Best regards,

Lin

thanks to every body. I will try your ideas

MUR

Hi Mur,

Actually, if you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, Panos has just released a really super nice free page curl action which you can use to "curl" all four corners or any of the four of a photo. See it here: http://www.panosfx.com/free-photoshop-actions/page-curls

I use this one myself...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Mur,

It is possible to do it in a view, in the same way as I have made it in this AV :

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/171-two-poppies/

You have to cut the view in ribbons. A lot of ribbons, so you have to use the help of Excel (or a similar software)

I've made a transition where you could see how to do (by editing it). It needs a lot of power, so the fluidity is not always there.

Note that I've used masks, but it's certainly possible to do the same things with the canvas size (of Properties/Adjust image and border)

Regards

Jean-Cyprien

Ouverture_Centre(1).zip

Hi Mur,

If you want an eazy way to make precision splits up to 100 per image, I would suggest downloading the freeware Photoscape. This is a very useful software and splitting into rows or colums (ribbons) or both is extremely easy, quick and precise with it.

Here's a link:

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

Best regards,

Lin

P.S. I have a little tutorial on using it for splitting here: It's number 21...

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7901-pte-made-easy-tutorials-continuously-updated/

Hi Mur,

We plan to add geometric transformations of objects in future versions. This is not strict promise, but I also want to implement this feature.

That would be fantastic if objects includes hidden surface removal. I hope it happens in a future version!

Thanks,

Tom

Barry,

It was a topic about 9 months ago.

Hidden Surface Removal

Lin has an example with PTE source here. The green floor should cover the red and blue squares when it is above the center of the screen.

Apparently newer versions of Direct3D support hidden surface removal.

Tom

Lin's Example.

Tom,

That would be fantastic if objects includes hidden surface removal. I hope it happens in a future version!

It's Z-sorting. DirectX 3D can't perform sorting for semi-transparent surfaces (text labels, PNGs).

As I know only in DirectX 11 we can implement Z-sorting. However it will limit PicturesToExe only for Windows Vista/7/8 and will require the latest video cards (2010+).

It seems a shame to withhold the feature from everybody just because some have machines with insufficient capability to use it. Could PTE check for the OS and video card type at install and then activate or block the feature based upon what it found? Alternatively, make it a user-selectable option and have a pop-up window appear when it is selected to warn that the feature may not work as expected if the hardware is not adequate.

Peter

It would require two versions of the exe show, one for XP and another for Vista forward.... It could get complicated. Fortunately, not too many people actually make shows which use this type of animation.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

When I try to download Photoscape, from the indicated site, first Bitdefender tells me it is a dangerous place, when I tell it to ignore the alarm, download several programs, as verification of the hard disk, automatic backup and another stuff, but not the software i want.

Is there a more simple site?

MUR

Hi Mur,

Sorry about the extra files and possible threat - I changed the original link to the Photoscape site itself, hope it's clean. I haven't downloaded it in over a year myself so didn't know about the junk...

Best regards,

Lin

Peter,

Well, it's acceptable for PicturesToExe itself. But what to do with EXE shows?

Since PTE slideshow objects follow a fixed path (not random) maybe it's possible to replace 3D graphics API and graphics card firmware with PTE code for hidden surface removal with transparency. Maybe by creating a custom lookup table for each slideshow generated with depth and transparency data including timecode which is then compressed embedded into slideshow. During playback it would be decompressed into memory and provide the data required for hidden surface removal with transparency. Lookup tables are not cpu intensive because the data has already been calculated. Then it would work on everything from XP to Windows 8. :)

Tom