WnSoft Forums

Copy Paste Sound File

I did a demo at a camera club yesterday and an experienced user of PTE asked me to pass on the following. He would like:-

The ability to right click a sound file from the Timeline and select copy. Then to be able to place the cursor elsewhere on the Timeline, right click and select paste and have the sound file and any envelope already applied copied with it.

I would also like this feature.

I am currently working on a project where I am editing the music and taking different parts of it.
I therefore have several copies with different start & end times.

I need to be able to quickly copy the sound clip & just drag the ends to adjust start & end times.

To also be able to 'cut' the track into separate clips would be very useful & make editing a long track much quicker.

Jill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

When I have sound tracks with many settings and I need to duplicate it, I link it with a slide,  then copy and paste that slide and I have everything duplicated, then I delete the link and delete the additional slide and I have a copy of the sound with all its editions

To avoid confusion, I paste it at the end of the project and then move the soundtrack

It is very fast

MUR

It may be fast but its not really the point Mur.  Workarounds are great for the likes of us who know the software pretty well, but they are not a lot of use for the casual user who probably makes up the biggest percentage of users.

Hi MUR, the problem with comments of that kind (presenting workarounds in cases of suggestions for new versions) is that they can be regarded counter-arguments with respect to the suggestions of the original posters. In this particular case, copy and paste for audio clips is a feature that (almost) everybody would expect to exist. The best  way for you might have been to support Barry's suggestion, and to add your method for the time when copy and paste does not yet exist.

HI

Maybe I'm wrong, but my idea to present workarounds and techniques to achieve things that are not yet incorporated in the software, is to help those who need them, but never to go against the requests, which Igor always takes into account, but if this is not good, I can stop doing it. I will continue exploring  and using  them in my projects , but without communicating them to others.

thanks

MUR

Hi Mur

Please continue to offer your workaround suggestions when you have them, for the very reasons you suggest. 

I’m sure that most people appreciate your workarounds if they need to get a job done, when there is no built-in tool available. 

Whenever a workaround can be replaced directly by a new tool in PTE, so much the better. 

Regards

wideangle

Hi MUR, keeping your knowledge as a secret surely is not a good decision. Many users will appreciate your contributions. But IMO you should present them in some other place, perhaps in "Tutorials & Articles". I know that only a very restricted group of forum members has access to this section, I don't have access either (a fact that amuses me). But this might be a matter of change :rolleyes: