WnSoft Forums

Lightened vignette on images that are PTE blurred

Delicate

Hi. I noticed an issue in my latest AV-presentation (PTE AV Studio Pro 10.0.5 (64 bit) / Windows).

I import one image to a slide that I want as a "background" for text or other objects that I put on top. I then apply quite an amount of blur (positive value) to the background image in Object and Animation. This will cause lightened vignette around the whole slide. And it does not help if I enlarge the background image (make it bigger than the slide). Especially when the presentation is exported the vignette can clearly be seen.

To apply blur on an image in PTE is much easier than making a separate blurred image in my image editor. But as always and in general, how easy it was to achieve what I aimed with my presentation... :-)

Regards, Jan

This is not a specific problem of this PTE version; older versions show the same effect. A blur function without soft edges has been asked for (long time ago) but has not been provided so far.

In cases where I use a dynamic blur for the background, I put a copy blurred in Photoshop behind it. It is a workaround, not a solution.

As far as I know, PTE does not blur the whole image (if larger than the screen) but only what is shown on the screen.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:58 PM, macian said:

In Project Options,  is the Background colour set to Solid Colour – Black?

Good suggestion! I tried with a solid color rectangle at the bottom, and that helped. By choosing the right degree of darkness and color you actually can minimize the issue.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2021 at 12:59 PM, Igor said:

We plan to improve the Blur effect in future version 11.0 to avoid edge issue.

Also probably we'll add more options/variants for the Blur. We're experimenting right now.

Hi, while you are doing that, can you provide a vignette effect for video files (which are to placed over a photo background. Also, provide a way of being able to edit the video sound when placed over a photo background.

• 3 months later...

I would like to see two kinds of blur: Blur 1 (as we have it today) which makes the image border blurry and partially transparent, and Blur 2 which blurs the image like Photoshop while keeping a sharp border (and which would work together with PTE's border function)

Of course, the vignette in case of images that (largely) cover the screen should be avoided.

Thanks, we'll add an option to add/remove vignetting for Blur.

Regarding the Blur with sharp border. We need to think, because this kind of Blur is more complex for implementing in the code. I'll explain in another topic later.

Also we plan to add Blur with bokeh (camera lense blur) in this version.