WnSoft Forums

Separate the sound from the video

Aleina Show

I have a question that I can't understand. Maybe you can tell me the answer. I often use video with sound in my work. There is only video in the slide and nothing else. If you select a slide In timeline mode and right click on it, we can see a menu. So, when selecting some slides I can see the option to "separate the sound from the video", and in most cases this option does not appear in the menu. I still can't figure out what's wrong. I would like to be able to always separate the audio track from the video so that I can conveniently edit the volume.

2 hours ago, davegee said:

Does it occur with a particular video extension eg. .mov, .mp4, .avi etc?

I work with MP4 files. Today I tried MOV and the result is similar. 

2 hours ago, jkb said:

Make sure you are in Timeline view and the Video is selected, the separate audio should always be available on right click

Yes, I am in the Timeline area and the video is highlighted. That's the thing, this menu doesn't always appear. And I don't understand the pattern. At first I thought it might be because I was editing the duration of the video, changing the starting point. But this idea of mine has not been confirmed either. For example, in the project I have on the screenshot, this menu appears in only 2 videos out of 11. And the same situation was in the 10.5 version of the program. At first I thought it was my mistake and I was doing something wrong. But so far I haven't found any logic. I am inclined to think that it may be a bug. 

01.jpg

02.jpg

Difficult for me to see on the image, but in the second example it doesn't look like you have anything selected.

Make sure the PlayHead is over the video & you have actually clicked the image.

I have used a lot of video with different fornats (Mp4, Mov, Avi - in the same project) & never had any problems so I doubt it is a bug

Jill

If you have interest and opportunity, check how it works with my project, please. I can only separate the audio from the video in slides 2 and 4. The rest of the slides do not. The project has 6 videos and is 105 mb in size. Maybe it's just me who has such problems.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/twCXjHp694fBIQ

Jill, thank you for wanting to help! But in the 2nd picture, the slide is also highlighted, it just looks less prominent. Of course, I always highlight the slides I work with. Maybe the software doesn't interpret those slides as containing video.

Aleina,

This command works only for a video clip which has "Main object" (1) ticked in the Properties tab of O&A editor. 

If you insert a new video file to the Slide list / Timeline, it automatically becomes Main object (1) by default.

You can tick this option manually.

In future version we plan to improve work with video clips.

• Like 2