WnSoft Forums

Slideshow on YouTube in HD format

Igor

I've uploaded one of my slideshows on YouTube in HD format (1280x720) using PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pKyDLeOXOU&fmt=22

How do you find quality of picture and smoothness of playback for such kind of slideshow?

It seems that same H.264 file plays better in video player than online on PC. YouTube requires more powerful computer to play HD videos.

Hi Igor,

On my old desktop the show is very jerky and un-watchable. However on my new desktop, (spec attached), the show is very smooth. Is that your garden and are the owls real? If so I am very envious. I have a large garden but itis not in your class.

Regards

Jeff

post-1996-1237915230_thumb.jpg

Perfectly smooth on my PC (in full screen 1920x1200).

I am impressed by the quality, even if you can see pixels on rare occasion during some transitions.

If I watch it 1 meter away from my screen (24'), it's almost perfect.

Configuration :

Intel Core Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50Ghz

NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GS

Your slideshow seems smooth, but I have made many tests on

and Viméo and am not so optimist as you.

The picture of Youtube are really better than those of Viméo.... but there is a problem with Youtube mp4 which aren't really smooth, even when reading the file from Youtube directly on the hard disk with MPC for instance.

Of course the slideshow for test I used is difficult, but it's not a reason.

All the frames are in it and good, but it's absolutely not smooth (the file from PTE is perfect).

For both, the same frame resize in Photoshop at 1920 x 1080 aren't so good than the one of a mp4 from PTE which have the same size as the Viméo file (93 Mo) but with a definition of 800 x 450 at 60 fps and also resize in Photoshop at the same value of 1920 x 1080 (Youtube file is 116 Mo for the same slideshow).

Hi Igor,

Smooth as silk on this Hewlett-Packard Laptop (Presario 5500) ~ Intel Duo-Centrino Processor ( 2 x 1.66 Gb).

Using the Intel-Intergrated 945 North/South Video Chipset. (All Tech-Specs below -plus- I Full Screen Image).

No special Graphic-Card installed. (L2-Processor's Cache are 2 x 2.Mb).

Your 'You-Tube Show' was tried in native You-Tube Format and also in Full-Screen 15" (see Screen-Shot).

Barely perceivable ~ was a tiny amount of pixellation on 2 Frames ~ this would not be seen by the Public.

Some comments:-

(a)

Except for (Duo & Quad Core-Processors) owned by 'The Dom' ~ Scorpion ~ Bmccamon ~ BHarkins and myself

and a few others ~ All other PCs are Single-Processor Machines which are showing some degree of stress.

(B)

Recently I was making the argument to retain Pte 4.49 (or similar) for low performance PC's such as the Pentiums

V.1 and II and III. I think this great 'You-Tube Show' may have proved that point when comparing the performance

of Pte 5.6 (+HD) on a Multi-Processor PC against the very best of Single-Processor PCs such as PentiumIV etc.

As you are aware there are many other PC's with much lower stability and performance than the 'top-end' Pentium's.

Hope this report is useful too you,

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1237941142_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1237941157_thumb.jpg

with hd button on

jerky - unwatchable --

my other activities were stopped and had all bandwitdth available :(

pent 4 2.8 mhz - 2 gb memory - 4 gb min/max page on separate drive -- 256 mb graphics board

running it again made no difference

with hd button off - smooth, tho some pixellation on transitions

ken

Hi Igor

just for your record

Your video on Youtube : playback is very smooth in full screen (1440x900) HD mode but I waited until the upload be completed before reading

FS Amilo Dual core T5200 1,6Ghz 2Go Ram Nvidia GeForce 7600 / XP-SP2

Best regards

Daniel

Hi Igor,

Youtube playback is apparently highly variable.

The first time I played the video (after allowing the entire show to completely load first), the transitions were jerky and pans were quite jerky. However, once the show had completely played, I played it back again and it was butter smooth.

I have noticed this before and wonder whether there might not be caching on the local computer which allows playback from the cache upon the second play rather than from the internet? I have seen similar playback on my own shows on Youtube where initially the playback was quite jerky then upon subsequent plays it was quite smooth.

The system I played it back on has a medium high-end video card (nVIdia, 8800 GT) and a fairly powerful core 2 duo Intel processor with plenty of RAM.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Igor,

You Utube slide show is perfect in every way!

It is as smoothe as silk on my computer, without any sign of jerks and the visual quality is astonishing.

Bloody good photography as well! :P

post-925-1238486974_thumb.jpg

Ron West

Lin,

You wrote..."I have seen similar playback on my own shows on Youtube where initially the playback was

quite jerky then upon subsequent plays it was quite smooth"...

That happens on quite a few PCs and there are number of causes:-

1)

Anti-Virus is 'buffering-up' the Download when playing directly from the Local ISP Server. (jerky effect)

2)

Some ISP Servers 'break-up' large downloads and 'batch-buffer' these to the Client, same effect.

3)

When you download the File and on 1st.Replay the Processor has to 'render' out that File (inc gaps)

but on 2nd.Replay the Processor has re-composited the File and usually there is no jerky-effect.

4)

Low-end Processors (Celerons) cant 'render' YouTube nor Pte5.6 fast enough, same effect again.

5)

PCs with low levels of L2-Cache Memory will give a 'jerky-effect' as the Processor cant access Main Memory.

6)

No matter how good the Video-Card if it cant get access to the 'video-data' in a smooth linear way then we

have problems which cant be resolved unless one replaces the Processor ~ if the Motherboard is suitable !

Finally:-

YouTube, Vimeo and Flickr have a preference for (mass-audience) 'CamCorder-Video Format' which works

well but when it comes to emulating that with PTE.5.6 (with PZR) it's an entirely different technology not

always suited to those Servers.

It's my opinion:- That its Igors' reason for this 'PTE Show Survey' but so far we have not heard from Igor nor

the WnSoft Team. At this stage, it would be nice to have some 'feedback' from them as to how things are going.

Hope this helps...

Brian.

Igor,

Very many thanks for the 'feedback' and as you say HD-Output to YouTube is for the future ~

Perhaps YouTube is not ready for this Hi-Quality Video and we also know that many Forum PCs

can not use Pte-HD at all. Is it possible for the WnSoft Team to look at 'Cam-Video Format' that

might be a solution?...I must say it was a excellent 'Survey' and it exposed many PC problems

which are limiting the quest for High-Definition Video.

Thanks again,

Brian.

Conflow Services

Igor,

HP Pavilion

Intel Centrino Duo T2500 @ 2.00MHz

NVIDA Go7600 256 MB

Played 2 times very smoothly except for minor stutter in last vertical pan on each occasion. Played in full screen mode for third time - as smooth as silk.

Very impressed as this is the first time I have knowingly watched a PTE show in this way.

Regards

John

Thanks for testing!

Now after reading of your responses I think that HD output on YouTube is a subject of future. It is not ready for wide usage yet.

Hello Igor,

When I read thru the responses to your request, I thought that they were very positive so why do you think that HD is someting for the future? Most people are now beginning to realise that they ought to upgrade their equipment, although a good number already have done so. I would be unhappy to see you put HD on the back burner - it is the future, so please continue your work in this area. What you have achieved so far, is excellent work.

Ron

Had to wait for loading of show as it plays faster than it was downloading. I suspect that this was due to the fact I have a slower DSL connection. After allowing download time, the show played as perfect as I could ever expect. Transitions were smooth.

PC INFO:

eMachine

2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64

2432 Megabytes Installed Memory

128 kilobyte primary memory cache

512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Board: MS-7093

Bus Clock: 199 megahertz