WnSoft Forums

Why ?

thedom

Should the sections be separated by default ?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should the sections be separated by default ?

• YES
    • NO
    • I DON'T KNOW

Xaver , you are right : many views for me !

I do not have problem with separating key points ; the important thing is to apply the "smooth" option after settings all key points and uncheck it if a modification is necesary , and put it other time after .

Why not Peter's idea ???

Regards .

daniel

... Why not Peter's idea ??? ...

If you like it, why not?

We have to keep in mind that there might be key points which are glued for pans, but separated for zooms. So should we have independent radio buttons for all three kinds of animation? I would prefer the KISS principle :)

Regards,

Xaver

Honnestly , with my little knowledge , all works now fine for me ; but it seems that ones newcommers have problems ....

If Igor does a modification , I shall adaptate my use to put in order the key points .

KISS principle : easy to put in a young brain !:rolleyes:

Regards

daniel

We have to keep in mind that there might be key points which are glued for pans, but separated for zooms. So should we have independent radio buttons for all three kinds of animation?

Xaver,

Perhaps you have mis-understood my suggestion. At present the default is "Glued". This topic is discussing the merits of changing that default to "Separated". My suggestion is to let the user choose this default. I never stated or implied that the ability to "Glue" and "Separate" should be withdrawn; or that the radio buttons should be used anywhere other than in Project Options to set the default.

regards,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Dominique!

You've raised interesting topic.

We had a long discussion in WnSoft on this question today. I didn't reply yet, but I was thinking on this problem for two weeks.

The problem in fact that we should carefully think how this change will affect to all combination of related parameters.

Also we have plans to add some improvements for this system (curve of path as a spline) in future versions.

Please give me more time to think and discuss this question. I'll reply soon.

Great, I remember this suggestion you made more than 5 five years ago.

And I'm glad you still plan to do it because it will certainly open new possibilities... again ! :D

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3793&st=0&p=23956entry23956

We decided to add new Visual editor right to v5.00, because it could be strange to mix new graphical engine of v5.00 and old Visual editor with old objects. So new Visual editor will allow:

- Scalable objects (same proportions at any screen resolution). But also you can add images without scaling (as now).

- Animation (Pan/Zoom/Rotate) of every object.

- Resizing of objects.

- A motion of objects using several key points (including complex motion on a curve)

And etc.

Peter

I can see your a diplomat and try to please all of the people all of the time, but your way just makes software more complex. The default setting should be what the average user would need for most of the time and the Dom is right here.

Would it be more clear if we call Peter's suggestion for each user to choose a "global" setting, rather than to choose a "default" setting? :)