WnSoft Forums

Secret of the Snakestones

PGA

This sequence was assembled using v8.0. The soundtrack was assembled and mixed entirely in the Timeline. I have provided links to an executable version for PC users and to a HD video on YouTube for Mac users. If you choose to watch the video version, please ensure that you change the settings in the YouTube playback to 1080HD and expand the playback to fullscreen.

PC EXE file

HD Video for Mac users

I've been around the AV circuits long enough now to have developed a thick skin, so all comments are welcome.

At little background: the location is the coast just north of Loftus, in north-east Yorkshire, England. The sequence has been created in readiness for the bicentenary of the subject's birth next year.

regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Fossils are not really my thing but I found the show really interesting and informative. The photography was very good and the show well put together with nice transitions and effects. Maybe the opening commentary was a bit "staccato" but that is a personal thing. Good to see more work from you.

Jim/Bill,

Thanks for your kind comments.

Mick,

I found your first sentence enlightening. It would seem that I have drawn you into the story even though the subject was, as you admitted "not really my thing". As far as I am concerned, that means the sequence is a success. Thanks!

regards,

Peter

robertg/Bert,

Thank you for viewing the sequence and for taking the time to comment on it.

Davy,

Many thanks for your kind words. You and Barry are quite right. The sequence has taken the best part of fifteen months to research, shoot, record and assemble.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Very educational. Nice mix of audio.

At first I thought the slideshow was going to be about the stone snake sculpture in California (about 1/2 way down page).

http://www.wheelingit.us/2013/12/15/told-you-i-couldnt-resist/

Tom

• 4 months later...

I can not I open the presentation of Peter :(((

Sorry, I do not know what went wrong there. I, too, could not open the link. I have refreshed the link (there was no change to the URL text when I did so) and now I can open it. Perhaps there was some sort of glitch at the Dropbox end of things. I checked the YouTube link and that is OK.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I had seen your show previously, but it appears you have made positive changes - Congratulations on a very nice and informative production.

I found it interesting that Louis Hunton died from tuberculosis (consumption) at such a young age. I wonder, perhaps if his family were formerly from Wales.... Long ago when i was the official photographer for the 10th Annual UFO Congress in Laughlin, Nevada, I was attending one of the presentations and sitting next to me in the audience was a woman of Hebrew ancestry. She asked me what my genetic heritage was and I explained that I was essentially a "mongrel" having a mixture of English, Welch, Irish, French, German and Comanche Native American. She asked whether I had any Jewish ancestry that I knew of and I told her not to my knowledge, but it certainly was possible. I told her that on my father's side the genetic heritage was primarily Welsh. She told me that it was indeed possible that my Welsh ancestry were of Hebrew descent because during the 19th century a sizeable immigration of Jews came to Wales primarily to work in the coal mines. It seems that among the Welsh people there was a genetic condition of some prevalence which caused weak lungs, and that the Jews were quite healthy and capable of working under the trying conditions which prevent many Welshmen from staying long in that occupation. Apparently something in my appearance made this lady believe that I had Hebrew genes - perhaps she was correct - I'll never really know.

It's a shame that Louis didn't live out a normal span because it seems he had both the interest and intellectual capability of furthering his curiosity. Certainly it didn't hurt to have Michael Faraday to learn from - he was certainly a gifted individual.

Thanks for an enlightening presentation!

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for your comments Lin. As far as I have been able to ascertain, the Hunton family would seem to have been from the Yorkshire Dales region, possibly from near Richmond in Swaledale.

regards,

Peter

Now I could see.

He is beautiful, well-chosen transfer fossils from the background.

We do all diapormy only with narration.

greetings

Hi Peter,

Very interesting documentary, and very nice AV, Peter. Just the best value of the blur parameter ! And fine transistions.

(sometimes a little difficult for me to understand at the first listening, due to the words I don't know - or their pronounciation !! )

What a coincidence : yesterday, the 21st May, Google has paid a tribute to Mary Anning who discovered a lot of ichthyosaurus and plesiosaurus

http://www.google.com/doodles/mary-annings-215th-birthday

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Anning

Thanks my friend,

Best Regards

Jean-Cyprien