WnSoft Forums

Do you use templates of a shadow?

Igor

Hi,

We're rewriting code of the Shadow window.

Do you create and use your Templates of a shadow? Can we remove this feature?

Do you create several templates or you simply need to save only one preset to use it by default?

See attached screenshots below:

post-1-0-23136500-1422016928_thumb.pngpost-1-0-05193500-1422016931_thumb.png

Hi Igor,

Yes, I use it. It's something to me that sets PTE apart from the competition. I create several - for different type shows....

What I have used it for is to create presets. For example, when I want to have identical shadows behind slides which are presented over a textured background I set the first one to give me exactly the size, direction and opacity and having the template I can instantly apply it to subsequent slides without writing down the settings and applying them individually to each slide - It's been a great timesaver for me. for example:

example.jpg

Thanks for your responses!

We'll think how to better implement editor of these template in the new code.

Question: Will future shadows allow key points?

Not yet. Shadow is static and doesn't support keyframing. But we plan to rework this code in future.

I also use this very often for text and would not want to see it go. The one I use the most is Cove Shallow, I find it very useful when slide titles need to be shown, and once set-up it re-sizes dynamically when different text is needed and provides a nice semitransparent box for the text to sit in.

post-1570-0-90048100-1422042821_thumb.jp

I use the drop shadow facility for text all the time. However I have never saved a particular setting as a preset but use the range of standard shadows created a long time ago by The Dom. However now I have seen the facility to save a particular shadow arrangement, I will probably use it in the future.