WnSoft Forums

Wishing Everyone A Very Merry Christmas !!!

Lin Evans

Musings:
Turning the calendar back a hundred plus years brings me joy and peace this Christmas season. The world has changed, and not for the better I fear. Instead of Merry Christmas we are pressured to be politically correct and say Happy Holidays. Boys and girls no longer know whether they are male or female. We can’t tell jokes because someone might be offended (whatever the hell that means). We can’t have nativity scenes at our courthouses and capitol buildings buildings because leftist organizations like the ACLU will sue. The Boy Scouts have to admit girls and the time-honored concept of marriage is being stomped into the ground. The meanings of words which have been more or less constant for centuries are being changed to suit special interest groups. We are allowing people in our government who want to destroy this nation and everything it stands for. Our media lies to us daily and promotes a leftist driven agenda and our children are being brainwashed daily in our schools and universities.

No, I would gladly turn back the calendar if I could do that; but since I don’t have that power, I can at least bring us a few minutes of solitude and paint a picture of happier days. Listening to the lilting melody of “Oh Holy Night” and remembering how things were when I was a child brings me peace. I find comfort in good memories and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with peace, comfort and prosperity…..

Hi Lin

I think you’ve made a lot of valid observations there - let’s hope that things can at some point begin to swing back towards what we regarded as normality a few years ago.

Meanwhile, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you as well.

Regards

wideangle.

PS The paintings get even better!

On that very point I’ve been playing around with your paint style by trying to create a new style from it but with background music playing. DaveGee, Igor and yourself have all referred to the workaround for including audio within a style. I’ve tried this idea based on your paint style, and it appears to create a new style but when I export it and try to load it on my laptop I get a “data error” message. Does your example above come from your paint style with the music included as part of the style?

Thanks for the gift of tranquility in a troubled world.  Merry Christmas!    That picture looks a lot like our home where we raised our children in a log cabin on an island in the Little Susitna River in Alaska.   Those were good days.  These are good days too--just different. Today we are in a 20th story apartment overlooking a river and mountains and small villages tucked in between. Ours are the only Christmas lights to be seen in a land that knows little about Christmas. We live on the borderland of chaos and tranquility.  

Hi Wideangle,

You should be able to use sound, but perhaps you have missed something.  The way I use sound is to create a tiny video with the sound attached using the smallest possible size of 320x180 low quality. Right click in O&A after applying the style and add this video to the beginning of your timeline. Set opacity to zero and create the new style. The sound should play normally and the video be unseen and have a tiny footprint which is primarily the audio.

Best regards,

Lin

Well Lin, seems we have more in common that I thought:D. Yes, I agree fully. The worlds going nuts and I fear there is trouble brewing the likes of which many of us have little experience of. First signs maybe in France. Even Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer is apparently non PC. It appears that the story of Rudolph being teased for his red nose promotes bullying, so it has to be destroyed.  What sort of person finds discrimination in a fictitional cartoon character.

The old song Baby it’s cold outside apparently promotes rape and has to go,  but all the rap songs that call and delight in far far worse, they are OK. You couldn’t make some of this stuff up if you tried while drunk as a skunk.

But, it’s Christmas. Have a good one and let’s look forward to PTE 10 and not let these left wing lunatics  get their way and above all protect that second amendment. 

Merry Christmas and a healthy new year. I’m of an age where a prosperous new year doesn’t seem quite so important any more :mellow:

Hi Lin,

I don't think you would want to live on the West/Left coast of the US (again). ;)

I hope you do post a sketch/paint tutorial if you have time and energy to create one.

Wishing you good health and a Merry Christmas,
Tom

Judy, Wideangle, Barry, Tom,

Thanks - yes, sadly the world is just not the place I hoped it would be when I looked ahead as a child.  I'll leave you with a little postcard painting I did for a good friend in Vermont who lost her husband unexpectedly at 67. He, his wife, Sherry (my late wife) and I were best friends in college. I snapped this picture when visiting them shortly after Sherry died in 2010. Their little home on 10 rural Vermont acres is a beautiful and restful place....

Lin