WnSoft Forums

transitions

Janners

I am wondering if there are any additional transitions planned for PTE AV Studio 10 Pro.  I have this software and also use SmartSHOW 3D by AMS which has over 180 different transitions which can add a lot of variety to slideshows.  Both programs are fairly easy to use.  PTE is very easy to use but I do feel a greater library of transitions would put your software on a more equal ground with SmartSHOW.  Thanks for your consideration.

Rosy,

Thanks for the reply and no, I was not aware of this.  Is the process complicated to learn and do?  It is always nice to buy software with all of these built in the program.  I feel the PTE AV Studio 10 Pro which I have only has the bare essential transitions.

Hi Janners

Personnaly I only ever use the transitions that come with the Pro version. But every week, one or more members donates new transitions. As far as constructing your own style / transition I've never actually done that. My current shows contain a lot of video clips & are documentary style so the basic transitions in my Pro version are more than enough for my needs. I'm sure someone who creates & uses lots of transitions will come in & explain the basics or where more information is available. The online help is a good starting point.

Rosy.

27 minutes ago, henry64200 said:

bonjour , je te conseille d'aller t'inscrire sur le site Français de Pte
http://diapositif.net/forum/index.php

vas dans la rubrique :
Styles et transitions personnalisées

tu y trouveras une multitudes de transitions et styles !

notamment un zip de 30 transitions de "denisB"

cordialement 

HENRY

Not sure if Janners is French speaking, below is his message in English via Google translate.

Rosy

hello, I advise you to go and register on the French site of Pte
http://diapositif.net/forum/index.php

go to the topic:
Custom styles and transitions

you will find a multitude of transitions and styles!

including a zip of 30 transitions of "denisB"

Kind regards 

HENRY

Since the day that styles could be imported, I have accumulated more than a hundred different styles in PTE AV Studio Pro.

They were all posted by members on the forum in the last few years.  I thought that there was at one time the idea of putting them all in one place on the forum,

but don't know if that was ever implemented.

You can look in the forum under "Styles and Templates".

Thank you all for the comments.  Henry62400, I did sign up as a member to diapositif and am awaiting approval as a member so I can download these 30 transitions.  I signed up this mnorning and not sure how long the process is to get approved.  Xenofex2 - I downloaded a few of these to my computer and will now need to find out how to incorporate these in the PTE AV so I can use them.  I liked them.  Just not sure off hand on how to incorporate them for use in shows..  Thanks for your help and I believe both of these options will be helpful.

8 hours ago, Janners said:

Just not sure off hand on how to incorporate them for use in shows..  

Transitions and Styles are .pteeff and .ptestyle files respectively.

Transitions: Click on the AB button of a slide and then click on "Manage Transitions" and "Import...". Point to the location of your downloaded files and click OK. Choose the imported Transition to preview its effect.

Styles: Click on "Styles and Themes" and then on "Tools" - click on "Import..". Point to the location of your downloaded files and click OK. Choose the imported Style to preview its effect.

Transitions: https://docs.pteavstudio.com/en-us/10.0/customtransition/main

Styles: https://docs.pteavstudio.com/en-us/10.0/slide-styles/main

On 1/24/2022 at 9:02 AM, Xenofex2 said:

Nope, last Styles uploaded it looks were 2018.

Shame, a good idea though.

I created ptearchive.com site when playing with php.  I thought when I retired a few years ago I would have more free time. I kept the site active only because I have other sites so it is not an added expense (other than domain registration). 

Thanks,
Tom

• 10 months later...
On 1/25/2022 at 11:39 PM, tom95521 said:

I created ptearchive.com site when playing with php.  I thought when I retired a few years ago I would have more free time. I kept the site active only because I have other sites so it is not an added expense (other than domain registration). 

Hi, Tom95521!
Is the link to the site (https://ptearchive.com/) valid? For same reason I cannot access it.

Thanks,

Natiek

Hi Natiek,

I decided it was not being used and I let the domain expire. It was experimental and I didn't save the files but as far as I know you should be able to find all the transitions in the forum.

Sorry,
Tom

• Thanks 1

I can recall years ago that I did quite often use to visit PTEArchive and found it quite a beneficial website.  Whilst one can search the Forum for ‘Styles, new and old, I thought that the concept of PTE Archive was a good idea. To me, it was a good ‘one stop’ place where one can view a Style and see what it could do. I guess a shame that Wnsoft did not take over the idea and develop it.

Now no doubt I am missing something as, neither before starting a project nor as I proceed on one, do I find myself looking through all my Styles/Transitions to perhaps do something different other than use the default fade in/ fade out. Like anything, there may though be an exception.

Is there then a way that I can give myself a more permanent reminder as to what Styles/Transitions I already have? Like ‘Bert’ posted some while back, I have accumulated many over the years from the Forum. What do they do? Could I better rename or organise them? No doubt I could, but .......!

However that does not help the New User who is looking for more Styles/Transitions!

Just my unsolicited $0.02 on styles and transitions.  I enjoy having a variety of these to choose from and have downloaded some of the various ones that others have posted here.  However the shows I put together are almost entirely vacation travelogues intended for friends and family and I avoid having too many different transitions/styles since there is a point at which the special effects detract from the subject matter.  But I understand that there are various slideshow clubs that engage in competitions and I expect that is where you would go crazy with the effects.

16 minutes ago, SeismicGuy said:

clubs that engage in competitions and I expect that is where you would go crazy with the effects.

This is exactly the time when you avoid all of the effects.

Less is More and the emphasis is on getting your message/Story across without the distraction of too many Transitions.
Mostly the straight Dissolve, Page Wipe or Circle Transition with soft edge are used.
Unless it actually adds to the Story, then the images/narrative should speak for themselves, otherwise the viewer ends up wondering what trick the maker is going to perform next rather than concentrating on the message.

Jill

• Like 1