WnSoft Forums

Displacement Map effect

Igor

Hi Denis,

I updated PTE to Beta 2 and the transitions imported just fine.  I must pay more attention to updates in the future.  Great transitions.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Denis,

I hope Igor adds these transitions you created to PTE.  They are really good. Mine are okay but not quite perfect. I'm scheduled to get refraction correction/lens replacement surgery (Alcon Vivity) and hope it will improve my vision. :)

Thanks,
Tom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, denisb said:

A new transition with some Displacement Map effect.

Denis, you need to apply a Gaussian blur for a normal map image in a photo editor.

It will eliminate these artefacts (pixelization?) :

When you convert a height map to a normal map, it necessary to apply some smoothing (bluring).

Onde_io.jpg.96992f5712e3c82c0198f0c4123c6e48.jpg

Denis,

I think you read my mind!  I was going to ask if you could create a transition just like your new "bubble" but was trying to think how to explain it or to provide a very short clip of something similar that I had found in Cyberlink Powerdirector!  Thanks for sharing this!

Test style with displacement map. The reflection is not correct. Probably needs to be inside another mask. Just a concept. Feel free to improve.

Water Normal Map from here

Updated Lake.ptestyle with improved reflection, clouds, and wave direction changed to be more realistic.

Tom

Lake.ptestyle

• Like 2