WnSoft Forums

Add option to loop video in Objects and Animation

If you have a menu slide with a small thumbnail video or any slide that is of longer duration than a video object on the slide then add option to loop video. Currently I believe it stops on the last frame of video.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Rosy,

I'm not sure about how that would work. I was playing around with Pixelmator Pro graphics editor for Mac and they have a new video edit feature. I thought it was kind of neat. 

Thanks,
Tom

Loop.jpg

Hi Jill,

I guess that would work if I wanted to loop a slide. I was thinking more about video objects on a slide looping until the slide continues to the next slide after a set amount of time.

Thanks,
Tom

I just thought it would be nice to have an option to loop a video if it is shorter than the slide duration with a single click. I think if you had the latest version Pixelmator Pro you would be impressed.

Thanks,
Tom

1 hour ago, Tonton Bruno said:

Hi Tom, no need for an extra option.

You have just to duplicate your video object as much as needed to obtain the loop you want.

It will take you less than 2 minutes to adjust the loop.

I don't know how, in a slide 8s long, duplicate a video 0.9s long in less than 2 minutes.

I must think about that

Bruno,

you must change the keyframes for each video or define the time range for each video.

And mainly, don't use the start time but the offset ( the start time is used for the beginning inside the video not inside the slide).

And I'm not able to do put the 9 video in less than 2 minutes ( If you use start time, you will spend more time!!!!)

Denis

• Like 1

From the very beginning of working in the program, I asked for the video looping function. I miss this feature CRITICALLY. Because I work with animated videos all the time (not gifs because of the quality) and I am very uncomfortable using third-party programs to lengthen animation videos. Moreover, for the sake of quality, I quite often use the alpha channel and my long videos weigh 10 times more than they could ... if there was a looping function. Calculating the transition time of each video when you have a lot of them in each slide is frustrating. And if you suddenly have to change the time of the slide, then you need to recalculate everything again. For example, I'm currently working on an animation project and the content folder is over 10 GB. And now I have to redo the video twice with the alpha channel (with the mask) to reduce the weight of the project... This looping feature would be VERY important to me.

15 hours ago, jienense said:

Good idea, and really faster than my suggestion.

Personnaly I created this kind of video by the past directly under photosop, intercaling the video backward in order to smooth the movement.

To-day if needed I would prepare it under Resolve.

I understand it would be nice to have these two options (Loop and Reverse) directly under PTE, but from my point of view, it is not a very high priority.

The need for a multitrack version for images seems to me the sole subject PTE team has to work now.

My second wish is to add a track devoted to the manipulation of true 3D objects, but this a just a dream.

• Thanks 1

If I need to shift video pieces several times, for example, by 03.367, I have to take a calculator and count these shifts, calculating the beginning and end of each piece. And it would be bearable if you had to do it once. But my designs are meant to be reusable and often end up in the hands of other people, including newbies. And sometimes they need to change the timing of the slide. In this case, all these pieces of video are shifted and you have to recalculate everything again. Of course, I can count myself, but if such a project falls into the hands of a beginner, then panic begins. Therefore, I prefer to lengthen the video in other programs. And then the weight of these videos and the project becomes very large.
And it is necessary or not necessary to add this function, of course, the guys from the development team will decide. We are all creative people and use the PTE program in different ways. Any problem can be solved using additional crutches in the form of third-party software...
  But adding a video repeat script and a little 'loop' flag will save a huge amount of time and efficiency for those who use these features regularly, for beginners, and for those who just like 'comfortable'.

9 hours ago, Tonton Bruno said:

The need for a multitrack version for images seems to me the sole subject PTE team has to work now.

I really think this this function is pretty much created, if in the Frame we can define the time range and everything inside it inherits that time range, we would already have that function. It would be something very similar to how you work in Adobe After Effects with compositions.

Since I don't speak English and I suppose I don't express myself very well, I'll give you an example project.

https://mega.nz/file/vsgzGLYL#LBCf35YVxeqTDxN8EkQl5LkMscYd_-pjeS3BDA9JX7Q

image.png

• Like 1

On 11.12.2022 at 19:36, jienense said:

Я действительно думаю, что эта функция в значительной степени создана, если во фрейме мы можем определить временной диапазон, и все внутри него наследует этот временной диапазон, у нас уже будет эта функция. Это было бы очень похоже на то, как вы работаете в Adobe After Effects с композициями.

It would be really very convenient if the range of the layer could be shifted and limited manually, rather than entering numerical values.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Example of an easy method to loop a video in a different application (Vegas Video 18). Just click and drag the video instead of copy and paste with offset. Objects and Animation child timeline would need changes to be more like the main parent timeline for this to work. Vegas Video has a nested timeline option which I think is the same thing.

Tom

• Like 1

To make a video loop why not open a separate project, drop the video in multiple slides & make a new mp4 slightly longer than the length of the Slide you require.

This would be quick & easy to do, no need for any calculations, offsets or anything else.

So if you want a 30 sec Slide, just add the video multiple times until you have at least 30 secs, then make an mp4

Jill

Hi Jill,

There are alternative solutions (workarounds) for many things. It would not be as efficient if you want to make changes and also lower quality if you publish for the second time as a video. I think having a full featured nested timeline in Objects and Animation and the ability to change video length for animated objects (like seamless alpha channel videos) by a simple click and drag would both be improvements.

Tom