WnSoft Forums

Issue with Transitions [SOLVED]

davegee

There is an issue with transitions when a .pte created in a previous version is opened in Version 11. See 

I did a test as follows:

1. Open NEW Project in V10.5.

2. Add some images to the Slide List

3. Set Default Dissolve Transition. Preview and check then Save.

4. Close V10.5 and Open V11

5. Open the Test .pte and Preview.

6. Some Transitions will be changed to the new Displacement Map Transitions.

DG

I have done the same & all OK.
I have recently updated a 20 minute project containing several Video clips from 10.5 to 11 with no problem.

I always work with Full Duration - OFF  and Adjust Keyframes with Duration Change - OFF

DG I believe you work with these setting ON

Could this cause a problem?

Jill

I suspect most people will use the ON settings as they are the defaults and unless they go looking don't realise there is anything to change.

I have used both Win 7 & Win 10 to update earlier projects.

Jill

4 hours ago, davegee said:

There is an issue with transitions when a .pte created in a previous version is opened in Version 11. See 

Dave,

I cannot reproduce this issue.

Can you send me a simple test project saved in PTE 10 ?

Also make a backup of your "Styles and Transitions" folder (in Documents). Probably it has some relation to appearance of this issue.

Igor,

This is weird!

Earlier this afternoon I did a short project to test what Rosemary had reported and got the same result as she described.

I shut down the computer and went back to the hospital and rebooted on my return.

Now, I cannot reproduce the issue, even with the original project.

I will try again tomorrow.

DG

P.S. Rosemary A and Aleina Show have both described the same weird issues so there must be some settings which are causing it.

16 minutes ago, Rosemary A said:

I still cannot get the extra music deleted

If you are using the Pro version, then right click the music at the end of the last Slide & select Split Clip
Drag the second bit to the right slightly so that there is a gap between the 2 parts & then hit delete

Does this get rid of it for you?

The other thing to check is that Syncrhonise Soundtrack & Slides is ticked in Project Options/Advanced Tab

When you installed the Final PTE 11 did you tell it to copy settings from PTE10.5 when asked?

Jill

PS I am always up late betwen 2 & 3 am but don't 'do' mornings  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Igor said:

We just need to wany a way to firmly reproduce it.

I was able to reproduce the issue with transitions this way. I am creating a test project with multiple images. In version 11 of the program. Leave transitions as default. I am adding a logo. After that, all transitions change to others. And with each new view, the transitions change. Perhaps something else is the trigger for replacing transitions, in my case the logo is definitely the trigger.

27 minutes ago, Aleina Show said:

I am adding a logo. After that, all transitions change to others

I acknowledge such a problem.
I have created a project. The first slide appears with a default transition and style. After inserting music and logo, the first slide began to appear from the disappearing squares. There is no such transition and style in the program. I removed the logo, reloaded PTE - the problem remained, the squares did not disappear.

• Like 1

I created a slideshow in Ver.10.5 and then opened it in the 11 Ver.
Here I also had to fix irregularities in the transitions. A certain transition was always moved to another slide location during rendering, even though I applied it to a certain slide. Then I deleted the transition completely from the program and checked my project again, everything looked fine without the transition. Unfortunately, when I rendered the finished movie, the transition appeared again, even though it shouldn't exist anymore.
Now I have made a new slideshow in Ver. 11. Here the transition did not appear even after rendering!
But if I have standard transitions (but is always automatically activated) come automatically different transitions. So not if I choose standard transitions with their own time (I would prefer as a standard).
But maybe I'm doing something wrong there?
Greetings

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 1

With PTE version 11, I have observed the same behaviour that other users have observed regarding the appearance of unwanted transitions on some slides.

I have a large number of customised transitions and I notice a waiting time of several seconds when choosing a transition (AB button) but also when opening and closing the "Project Options" window (via the Project/Project Options... menu) and the preferences (Customize button on the Templates tab via the File/Templates/Manage Templates... or Settings/Preferences... menus).

In the Transitions tab of the Project Options window, I noticed that some checkboxes remain checked even after saving a project while the active checkboxes have been disabled.

image.png.288ba622f8dee3d362416d97ad89eaba.png

The following operations should not be repeated as they may affect the proper functioning of PTE. I have done them as an experiment to perhaps help the development team identify the problem.

Looking at the effectuser.ini file in the directory where the transitions are saved (under Windows), I notice that the mainprop attribute contains a sequence of 0's and 1's with the following value =100000. In the same file, another checked transition contains the value checked=1.

After carefully backing up the effectuser.ini file, I changed the mainprop value of 1 to 0, and checked=1 to checked=0. After restarting PTE v11, then opening a new project, the check marks have disappeared and the check mark management is back to normal. On the other hand, the waiting times are still as long as ever.

Pascal.

Cannot reproduce this problem yet.

Please can you give me a step by step instruction?

It's important to describe in details how you do every step. For example "add logo" - what is it? It can be done in the O&A editor, or in the Project Options > Screen tab. Adding music can be done in the Project Options > Audio tab, or in the Timeline view by dragging a new audio file. If you change a transition, where you do it - in the Project Options or in the Slide Options (AB button) ?

Я добавляю логотип с помощью опции  «Добавить логотип»   в «Параметры проекта » > вкладка « Экран » .

... I checked now that when replacing the music from the bottom tab "Project Options" the transitions also changed.

Aleina,

Thanks for sending me a copy of your Styles and Transitions folder and screen recording. I could reproduce this problem now. It seems one one or several transitons provokes this issue with the storage.

We'll try to fix it quickly.

• Like 1

• Igor changed the title to Issue with Transitions [SOLVED]