WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.5 Release Candidate 5

Igor

Hi Cor/Igor,

This seems to work OK for me. It moves the text in the text box just as in earlier versions. You are not expecting it to center the text in the image are you?

Igor,

For your info PTE Deluxe 5.5 Beta 7:

After "Add Text". The "Left, Center, Right" text navigation is not working anymore in <Objects and Animation> <Properties>. The "Blur" is working fine now.

Greetings,

Cor

Kind regards

Peter

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me just add my $.02 - LOL. Peter is absolutely correct.....

Remember, the Left, Center and Right only move the text within the text box. If there is a single word, you will see no effect.

If you create multiple lines of text of different text length then highlight one line which is shorter than the others and apply "Left, Right or Center" you will see that text line do as expected within the confines of the text box bounded by the green rectangle.

So the feature works as designed - but one must keep in mind that it doesn't move the text box, it moves the text "inside" the text box. If there is no space to the left or right within the text box itself, there will be no effect because there is nowhere to move the text. When there is space created by multiple lines of text of various width "within" the text box, the Left, Center and Right are applicable.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Cor/Igor,

This seems to work OK for me. It moves the text in the text box just as in earlier versions. You are not expecting it to center the text in the image are you?

Kind regards

Peter

If all agree, I set unchecked "Repeat Music after Playing" by default for a new projects.

Yes please, I agree Igor.

A gap has appeared between the Preview from the Current Slide button and the Project Options button in the bottom left of the O&A screen, Igor I assume this is intentional as you are going to add something there?

Also should there be tool tips on the next/previous key frame buttons and on the next/previous slide buttons in the O&A screen?

Beta 8:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (5 MB)

+ Effective usage of screen space in Slide list for 16:9, 4:3 and other formats of slides.

+ Updated language files.

+ "Repeat Music after Playing" option is turned off by default in a new project now.

* Fixed minor bug in mini-player (stuttering of picture in several seconds after switching to a fullscreen mode).

* Fixed some bugs with "Snap To" option of the Grid (Objects and animation) in some cases.

Igor,

I noticed that, when installing Beta 8 from a memory key, when it finished the installation the "Choose version to import settings from" box defaulted to "Developer".

Installing from HDD the default was "5.5.7".

I don't know if that is an installation problem? Both installations worked OK - first on my laptop and then on my desktop.

DaveG

I've installed Beta 7 and 8 and have NOT received reports of presemce of any virus from my McAfee Security Centre.

Alan

When we are in the editor object, and it superimposes an image or an object on another, you will it be possible to add a tool, kind gum or lasso which allow us to be able to erase the edges or blur?

I have 2 problems with beta 8, I am unable to change the vertical position of the grid and when I want to put a value for the size of the steps, it doesn't allowed we begin with another number than 1.

I haven't find if there is a place were I can see the number of pixel I have move the grid.

NB There was a problem in 5.1 with ctrl+X function in the text : it destroy the text object.

Hi Jean-Pierre,

I have just tried the grid in beta 8 and it behaves for me as it did in beta 7. No problem with vertical movement and I can change the sizes without problem - strange.

I have 2 problems with beta 8, I am unable to change the vertical position of the grid and when I want to put a value for the size of the steps, it doesn't allowed we begin with another number than 1.

Kind regards

Peter

Let me just add my $.02 - LOL. Peter is absolutely correct.....

Remember, the Left, Center and Right only move the text within the text box. If there is a single word, you will see no effect.

If you create multiple lines of text of different text length then highlight one line which is shorter than the others and apply "Left, Right or Center" you will see that text line do as expected within the confines of the text box bounded by the green rectangle.

So the feature works as designed - but one must keep in mind that it doesn't move the text box, it moves the text "inside" the text box. If there is no space to the left or right within the text box itself, there will be no effect because there is nowhere to move the text. When there is space created by multiple lines of text of various width "within" the text box, the Left, Center and Right are applicable.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin, Peter,

Yes, I know. But my fault, I had to give more explanation.

When you have 3 text lines, with different length. You highlight one of the shorter lines and choose "Left, Right or Center" then BOTH (shorter) lines are moved. Not alone the one you have highlighted.

Greetings,

Cor

Hi Cor,

I see - but did it "ever" work differently? In 5.1 it works the same way. The choice seems to be for the text "block" rather than for individual lines. If you want one left and one right it requires two text objects I believe. I don't remember in 5.0 (I no longer have it on my computers) but I do have 5.1 and it works the same as 5.5 beta 8 for me.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin, Peter,

Yes, I know. But my fault, I had to give more explanation.

When you have 3 text lines, with different length. You highlight one of the shorter lines and choose "Left, Right or Center" then BOTH (shorter) lines are moved. Not alone the one you have highlighted.

Greetings,

Cor

Hello Lin,

I thought that I have used it ones in the past but I'm not sure anymore.

Yes, it's the same in v5.1.

It's a pity, I don't have older versions either to check.

Maybe Igor can look at it when he has some time, it's not priority I think.

Greetings,

Cor

Hi Lin, Cor and everyone,

I've just re-installed v5.04 and tested this and all the lines of text respond to the alignment. It appears as though only the shorter ones do but, of course, the text box is sized to accommodate the longest line of text. Therefore this line is actually aligned left, center and right all at the same time.

Ray,

Thank you for your offer, but with the test of Peter it's clear now.

Peter,

Thank you for your test with v5.04.

...all the lines of text respond to the alignment.
Yes, of course, for the longest text line you do not see the "transport". :P

So, if one want to put different text lines, with different locations (starting points) on a slide, you must create more text objects in <Objects and Animation><Properties>.

So far that could have been some problem to line the text, but it is not anymore because we have the grid now.

Excellent, thank you all to clear this out.

Greetings,

Cor

Igor

I put a slide show together this morning with Beta 8 and it all seems to be coming together now. I know what I did was only basic, but it's as good a test as any.

Just one tiny nit pick if I may.

When we are in the time line, it is the most natural thing in the world to highlight a transition point and hit the delete key. However, if we do that we not only delete the transition point, but also remove the slide from the slide list. I appreciate we now have the cut transition option instead and in time I will get used to a different way of working.

If the new version could be made to delete (with the delete key) just the transition point and not the slide itself, it would be marginally better. Of course I could be asking the impossible, forgive me if I am.

Oh and one other thing !!

I would like to be able to delete an image that I know I do not want to use from the file panel. I mean delete it for good from the PC into the recycle bin. I could have used that function a 1000 times over the past couple of years and if it could be added easily. it would really help the fuctionality of PTE even more

If the new version could be made to delete (with the delete key) just the transition point and not the slide itself, it would be marginally better. Of course I could be asking the impossible, forgive me if I am.

Barry,

It has been pointed out here that now there is a one-to-one correspondence between the members of the slide list and the corresponding points on the timeline.

Best regards

Xaver

Munich

Barry,

1. If I have understood rightly, you would like to see Del key performing "Cut" operation instead of "Delete" in the timeline? (Currently it does Shift+Del).

I would like to be able to delete an image that I know I do not want to use from the file panel. I mean delete it for good from the PC into the recycle bin. I could have used that function a 1000 times over the past couple of years and if it could be added easily. it would really help the fuctionality of PTE even more

Select necessary images in the File list, click right mouse button, choose "Explorer" and then "Delete". It will moves the files to Recycle Bin.

We wouldn't assign Del key for this operation, because other manipulations with images in PicturesToExe are virtual and diffirent behaviour of Delete action in File list and Slide list may cause problems.

Jean-Pierre,

There was a problem in 5.1 with ctrl+X function in the text : it destroy the text object.

Please tell me about this problem. Ctrl+X supposed to cut selected object(s). This function makes two actions: copies the object to the clipboard and then deletes the object.

Hi Igor,

I've only just noticed that when I do File...Open.. in beta8 the *.pte files in the file list do not show their usual icon. All I see as an icon is a white rectangle.

Also I've found a minor fault in the O&A processing which I can recreate as follows:

- create new project comprising blackslide, imageslide, blackslide

- set transitions to 1.5seconds (fades)

- set black slides to 4 seconds duration

- set image slide duration to 122 seconds (this is the value that I was using when I encountered the problem. I'm not sure how significant the actual value is)

- add an image object to the image slide as a child of that slide

- add a text object as a child of the image object

- set both objects opacity to zero

- add keyframe to image object at 2000ms keeping opacity at zero

- add keyframe to image object at 2050ms bringing opacity up to 100

- select first of these two keyframes

- switch to the text object and Create keyframe

The new keyframe comes up with its time offset as 1500 (the end of the transition) rather than 2000 which is what I was expecting, and wanting, it to come up with.

Finally, a suggestion for a functional enhancement in O&A processing. At present child objects inherit their parents attributes for Pan, Zoom and Rotate but not for Opacity. Would it be possibe to have a facility to allow a child to inherit its parent's opacity?

My ideal implementation of this would be to have four new Project Options tick boxes:

Child inherits Pan

Child inherits Zoom

Child inherits Rotate

Child inherits Opacity

with the default settings as PTE behaves now: i.e. tick, tick, tick and untick respectively. And to have the same four tick boxes on the Properties or Common tab of each object where they could be over-ridden on an object by object basis. You already allow us to set the default transition and then modify that on an image by image basis. I'm envisaging the same sort of flexibility for inheritance on an object by object basis.

I realise, of course, that what I am suggesting might be unreasonable from the practical programming point of view.

My ideal implementation of this would be to have four new Project Options tick boxes:

Child inherits Pan

Child inherits Zoom

Child inherits Rotate

Child inherits Opacity

Hello Peter,

what does inheritance mean? It means (geometrically) that the child “lives” in a coordinate system relative to the position and size of its direct parent object, and its own animation parameters refer to this (inherited) coordinate system. You cannot separate translations (pans), rotations, and scaling of coordinates (zooms). An object inherits either all or nothing. Opacity is not a geometrical parameter; in my opinion, it should remain as it is!

Best regards

Xaver

Munich

One thing I miss from previous versions is the ability to see the pixel size of my image when previewing the show with the mini player. Previously in the slide preview it was very convenient to see the actual size in the top right of the image, e.g., 800x600. Is there any way to see it somewhere when playing a show in the mini player?

One thing I miss from previous versions is the ability to see the pixel size of my image when previewing the show with the mini player. Previously in the slide preview it was very convenient to see the actual size in the top right of the image, e.g., 800x600. Is there any way to see it somewhere when playing a show in the mini player?

Potwnc, the pixel size is now shown in the "status bar", (left of centre in the status bar), and is updated as the images are previewed in the mini player. :)

Barry,

1. If I have understood rightly, you would like to see Del key performing "Cut" operation instead of "Delete" in the timeline? (Currently it does Shift+Del).

Yes, that is right. Would it not be more logical while in the time line for Del to just delete the transition point, while Shift+Del deletes both transition and image from the slide list. This is not a big issue, just a small point. As I said, I will soon get used to using the cut transition, but it is a natural thing to do in any software. Highlight file - hit delete

Select necessary images in the File list, click right mouse button, choose "Explorer" and then "Delete". It will moves the files to Recycle Bin.

Do you know I had no idea you could do that, never thought of looking further than the first pop out menu. Just goes to show, there is always something to learn.