WnSoft Forums

Short video slideshow (7.0)

Igor

My first very simple and short demo to illustrate video capabilities of next version 7.0:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/Video_and_Pictures.zip

I used old video recorded with my compact camera without image stabilization. I'm sure that modern DSLR cameras will allow create excellent video slideshows with 1080p video.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Igor - job well done.

Video exceptionally smooth.

Older computer, low end graphic card, all video images greyscale.

On board video card - Accelerator in Use - Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family.

However no problem with color when running other video shows / DVD's / PTE, MP4 1080p - etc..

Early stages, fully understand work in progress.

Eric,

We didn't think yet should it be in Deluxe or Standard version.

Ralph,

Currently video playback in version 7.0 Alpha requires video card which fully supports DirectX 9.0 or later. It's all desktop video cards manufactured since 2003 year. And Intel video cards since 945GL (GMA 950). We use hardware acceleration for playback. Probably we will write a special code to support more old video cards. Currently you can see greyscale video on such old video cards.

After I read comments on French forums ;) I decided update this demo video slideshow. Now it's 24 MB file:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/Video_and_Pictures.zip

Previous variant (38 MB) was larger because 2nd slide had 38 second's video but actually it used only 10 seconds. So I've converted a source file again.

Both variants (old and new) use 5 mbit bitrate for video clips. HD ready quality 1280x720 30p. We didn't finish work to find optimal bitrate and parameters of compression yet.

One of current tasks is to reach best smoothness of video playback. We already can support 60p video and interlaced video with good de-interlacing.

BRA-VO Igor, BRA-VO

More better to have a good product for a demonstration.

And don't mind my comment about the right version (on the French forum).

There is a french proverb saying "Toute peine mérite salaire"

"The labourer is worthy of his hire" I think.

It's not possible to live on love alone ("Vivre d'amour et d'eau fraîche").

Congratulations once more Igor, and your team.

Congratulations Igor, a great job have been done !

Just a comment, please do not forget us!

In Europe, we use 25p/s for 1980x1080i, 24p/s for 1980x1080p and 50p/s for 1280x720p we do not use american standards.

Thank you in advance.

Good luck!

Daniel.

Congratulations Igor, and the entire Wnsoft team!! A wonderful addition to an outstanding product. You continue to amaze us with new features and upgrades constantly. Thank you for your many long hours of work!!

Regards,

Bill

Both variants (old and new) use 5 mbit bitrate for video clips. HD ready quality 1280x720 30p. We didn't finish work to find optimal bitrate and parameters of compression yet.

One of current tasks is to reach best smoothness of video playback. We already can support 60p video and interlaced video with good de-interlacing.

Igor,

I understand why WnSoft will need to choose the "bitrate" inside the PTE program code when the output is a .exe file. But what if the output is video? If I have very high quality (= high bitrate) video I would want to be able to choose my own bitrate for the video output so I don't loose quality - or at least frameserve with the PTE codec without loss of quality.

I also understand why you have to de-interlace for .exe output but, again, for video output the user may want to preserve the interlaced source.

Will version 7 provide these options for video output?

potwnc,

I understand why WnSoft will need to choose the "bitrate" inside the PTE program code when the output is a .exe file. But what if the output is video? If I have very high quality (= high bitrate) video I would want to be able to choose my own bitrate for the video output so I don't loose quality - or at least frameserve with the PTE codec without loss of quality.

- For producing of an executable slideshow (EXE) we re-encode video and you will able control quality and bitrate parameters (auto or manual settings). Probably even we will support several formats without need to convert source video files. This is not a final information.

- For video output (DVD, H.264 video file, YouTube/Facebook, etc) we use original video files from a project to render picture of a slide. Thereby you have only one conversion to final output format.

I also understand why you have to de-interlace for .exe output but, again, for video output the user may want to preserve the interlaced source.

It's a difficult problem without clear solution. There is a common situation when size of source video doesn't equal to size of output video. Also take in attention tranformations of video object (Pan/Zoom/Rotate). Even difference of 1 pixel in sizes or position will destroy right transfer of interlaced video to output video file (avoiding de-interlacing).

1) So you need to use de-interlacing option for source video (automatically by default). PicturesToExe will take care about right transfer of any source video to final output format.

2) Or you must disable de-interlacing option and then take care about right size of video object and its position. In other words keep same pixel size, aspect ratio and no animation for video file. In this case it possible to rightly transfer interlaced video through all stages and receive output interlaced video .

Will it be possible to have video objects as masks?

I didn't think of that. Interesting idea.

You also mentioned that V7 would bring better quality of images.

Any news on that?

This is already done. I can publish sample show to illustrate it.

An impressive first example of things to come and I am sure it will open PTE up to a wider market at the same time as still being a great product for those of us who just take 'stills'.

It will be interesting to see how the interface to include video clips is built in to the program.

Will there be any indication on the timeline to show when a slide has video objects attached?

Will you be issuing some guidelines to tell us what size images etc that we should use for making shows that combine stills with video?

Will there be any limit on the number of (or length of) video clips that can be included in a show?

Do the video clips need to be edited before inserting into a PTE show?