WnSoft Forums

Snapshot Transition

tom95521

One of my video editing programs had a transition like this (Polaroid border instead of equal border) but was not very smooth if you increase the transition time. I thought I could make something like it in PTE and so here it is. It uses a parent child mask to create the white border around the images. The background rectangle is set to 0% so you can use a background splitter object and your own images. It was a fun learning experience.

Thanks,
Tom

Snapshot.pteeff

• Like 7

Hi Robert,

It was fun trying to figure out how to create the effect. I am sure it could be improved if anyone wants to make changes and post a better version.

Thanks,
Tom

• Like 1

Hi,

Most of my things are just concepts so I know this could be improved by someone with more skills than me. I like how the one below spins between photos.

Thanks,
Tom

This transition is what made me think I could create the same effect in PTE. This is supposed to be 60 fps but the transition seems to be less smooth.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Thanks. I am working on an optimized (simple) version with both rectangle and circle masks. It keeps me busy on rainy days.

Tom

• Like 2

Thanks. I have 2 new versions of masks created on a Mac (should work on Windows). I'm sure they could be improved by anyone wishing to make changes. I was having a problem with a white borders leaving a blurred ghost image during mask movement probably due to monitor refresh rate so I did not include them. It does not seem to effect other colors as much.

Tom

2 Masks and 2 Masks Wood

2 Masks Wood.pteeff 2 Masks.pteeff

• Like 3

• Igor featured and unfeatured this topic